What is the worst thing you have slept through?

A fire alarm in a hotel. Arrived in Dublin on a redeye on Saturday, stayed up to catch the music at the Stag's Heads until about 2am since it was our only chance. I was very sound asleep after that.

A break in! My husband and I both slept through it-- got up the next day and things were gone. Police told us we were lucky we didn't wake up, and then we never heard from the cops again. Ah, Chicago.

NYCgrrl...me too! I got up the next morning and found cabinets and stuff open and thought I might have been robbed but nothing was taken. I got to work and everyone was talking about the earthquake. When I admitted I didn't even wake up, they were shocked. UNTIL...an aftershock hit and everyone grabbed something and I was like "What are you doing?" They said "Don't you feel the earth SHAKING?" Umm...nope.

Was spending a week in Las Vegas with my family. Was staying at Sam's Town for a couple of nights. Midday, they were doing some construction...jack hammers above us, hubby and son quickly bailed. My mother was reading (trying to anyway). I took a great nap! No earplugs or headphones. Mom couldn't take it and she left.

The house across the street burned to the ground one night. Our room is on the back side of our house and we didn't hear anything. I remember waking up briefly and thinking maybe there'd been a flash or lightning/thunder rumble but went right back to sleep. Got up the next morning and the air was heavy with smoke, the smell of char, and the neighbor's house was just gone. Everyone got out safely, which of course is what is important.

Fire alarm in college. Not just the alarm, but also several friends banging on my dorm room door. After the third or fourth try, they assumed I wasn't in and gave up. I woke up eventually because the voices from outside were annoying. (My room was on the third floor at the front of the building and I slept with my window open so everyone gathered outside the front door chatting drifted up...) From that point, my friends asked me to not lock my door...and when I bought a house many years later, I installed fire alarms that also flash lights (because lights wake me up pretty quick).

This happened on Christmas Eve the year we moved into our condo
It was about 4 am and I woke up to hearing voices
At first I thought the tv was still on since we usually fall asleep that way. Came too nope tv off but still heard voices only to notice the lights downstairs were on
Now I’m wide awake and rather scared
Woke DH and started downstairs
When I flipped the light on they called out
Fire dept
By this time DH was behind me
Turns out our neighbors sprinkler in her garage malfunction and went on
We have the main sprinkler system in our basement so the FD had to get into our unit to check it out
Since we have the unit in our basement we have a Knox box on the piller so in case of an emergency FD and PD can get in
Neighbor told us the FD was ringing the bell and banging on the door but we heard nothing. The FD even asked her if we were hard of hearing
Funny part to this whole story was since it was Christmas Eve and we we’re up late since the our family was coming over the next day we also had a few egg nog drinks so my DH says sure a few drinks and she hears voices. Sure I had a few drinks but I did hear voices LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter