What is the timeline for getting Global Entry?

JimMIA

There's more to life than mice...
I think we're going to get Global Entry. What has been your experience from applying online to actually having Global Entry approved and being able to use it?

My daughters went for the global entry interview on May 12th, we had no issues getting appointments at the Miami airport ( or even changing it when one of my girls had a basketball game the day we were supposed to have the interview). We had the global entry card before went on our trip in June 7th.

did this several years ago

as I recall we waited a few weeks for the first OK and then had to schedule the interview. At Orlando airport the wait was MONTHS but I checked Sanford and got in the following week so it is worth looking at all possible locations near you. We got our numbers at the interview and the cards in the mail within a week.

Thanks to both of you! We're going to Alaska with a side trip to Victoria, BC this summer. DW is retiring in less that 2 months, so we'll be doing more traveling in the future.

Thanks to both of you! We're going to Alaska with a side trip to Victoria, BC this summer. DW is retiring in less that 2 months, so we'll be doing more traveling in the future.
First enjoy your retirement travels. DW and I have been enjoying multiple opportunities since I retired nearly six years ago.

We did Global Entry in 2015 (so will be renewing later this year). Applied online, was able to get an appointment (at O’Hare) within about 10 days, and left the interview with our numbers and received cards in the mail within two weeks after that. Best $100 (each) spent to facilitate travel, both for the actual entry benefits (we fly in and out of O’Hare on our international flights) and for the TSAPre benefits for domestic travel as well.

Happy Travels!!

I applied online last September and it took about 4 months to get conditionally approved and the next available interview appointment was 4 months out (still waiting for my interview!). My kids, on the other hand, got approved in about a week and were able to get interviews about a month later. One had his interview already and got his travel # at the end of the interview and received the card in about a week.

We applied online and had an appointment within two weeks. The appointment was easy peasy and we had our cards mailed to us within two weeks. Best money ever spent. We’ve used it for both domestic and international travel this year and I don’t think I can ever go without it again. :teeth:

A quick note: I recommend checking your account after you apply. While our accounts were “pending,” I didn’t receive any email notifications but when I popped back into the site, we were no longer pending and the appointments were ready to be booked.

My daughter applied on 11/14/19 and is still waiting to be conditionally approved so she can schedule the interview.

I checked and MIA has appointments TODAY!

for grins I looked around

MIA says in a couple of days ...
Orlando has a 4 week wait ...
Sanford ... April 21!
Tampa .... next week
West Palm .... MAY!

but it is worth checking back as cancels are frequent!!!!

AND you can now get the approval WITHOUT going to an interview if willing to spend a few minutes the first time you use the program. You can complete the requirements at the airport when you arrive .....
Enrollment on Arrival is a program operated by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to allow Global Entry applicants who are conditionally approved to complete their interviews upon arrival into the United States. The Enrollment on Arrival program eliminates the need for a Global Entry applicant to schedule an interview at an enrollment center to complete the application process.

++++++++++++
we were asked virtually nothing at the interview ... they took finger prints (digital scan) and a digital photo/face scan and that was pretty much it.

Last edited:
I checked and MIA has appointments TODAY!

for grins I looked around

MIA says in a couple of days ...
Orlando has a 4 week wait ...
Sanford ... April 21!
Tampa .... next week
West Palm .... MAY!

but it is worth checking back as cancels are frequent!!!!

AND you can now get the approval WITHOUT going to an interview if willing to spend a few minutes the first time you use the program. You can complete the requirements at the airport when you arrive .....
Enrollment on Arrival is a program operated by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to allow Global Entry applicants who are conditionally approved to complete their interviews upon arrival into the United States. The Enrollment on Arrival program eliminates the need for a Global Entry applicant to schedule an interview at an enrollment center to complete the application process.

++++++++++++
we were asked virtually nothing at the interview ... they took finger prints (digital scan) and a digital photo/face scan and that was pretty much it.

The wait times can be crazy at one location and no existent at another, even in close by locations. I have known quite a few people who live in Boston and have scheduled business trips to NYC or other cities to get it there quicker when BOS has been backed up.

My Pre-Check doesn't expire until 2021 and I am thinking of getting Nexus as it's only $50 for 5 years and includes Pre and GE. Only thing for me is that I have to travel to the Canadian Border to get it. I'll make a weekend out of it and do a side trip to Montreal.

I follow a travel page, and there have been some LONG waits for conditional approval. And you need that before you can get an appointment or do a walk-in.

some people have been getting conditional approval almost immediately, but others have been waiting for almost a year at this point.

I’d consider going for nexus and seeing if you can get an appt during that trip when you’re in Canada.

Thanks for the link. I checked and MIA has appointments TODAY! I'm actually going to wait until DD is on Spring Break in March.

Thanks to all for the help! :cheer2: :cool1:

you need the conditional approval first.

My Pre-Check doesn't expire until 2021 and I am thinking of getting Nexus as it's only $50 for 5 years and includes Pre and GE. Only thing for me is that I have to travel to the Canadian Border to get it. I'll make a weekend out of it and do a side trip to Montreal.

Do it.

My husband, 2 daughters and I all applied for Global Entry on July 13, 2019. My younger daughter and husband got their conditional approval 2 days later, had their interviews and got their cards. My older daughter and i are still waiting for conditional approval. I contacted them in September or October and was told it could take 3-5 months for the conditional approval. I then emailed them on January 9 and got the reply that normal response time for email is 3-5 business days. I'm still waiting to hear back. Tonight I contacted my congresswoman to see if she can assist us. I'll keep you posted here on the latest.

Well, I submitted my application. Still have to do DW and DD. We'll see how it goes.

Anybody know whether you have to set up a separate Login.gov account for each application? I'd rather do them all on the same account if that's possible.

Well, I submitted my application. Still have to do DW and DD. We'll see how it goes.

Anybody know whether you have to set up a separate Login.gov account for each application? I'd rather do them all on the same account if that's possible.

This is from the FAQ's on the Trusted Traveler site:

How do I add a family member to my application?

Each family member must create a separate login account and fill out a separate application.
For applicants under the age of 18, legal guardian information must be provided. The legal guardian must accompany the minor applicant to the interview.
At this time, there is no option to schedule a group or family interview. Each applicant will need to schedule a separate interview.

This is from the FAQ's on the Trusted Traveler site:

How do I add a family member to my application?

Each family member must create a separate login account and fill out a separate application.
For applicants under the age of 18, legal guardian information must be provided. The legal guardian must accompany the minor applicant to the interview.
At this time, there is no option to schedule a group or family interview. Each applicant will need to schedule a separate interview.
Thanks Caro!

when you get to the 'schedule appt' page, you indicate date desired and number of appointments.

Each family member needs his or her own appointment time. Use the filter to find a day with the correct number of appointment times needed. Then, you will have to sign up for each appointment one at a time by logging into each person's account and starting the scheduling process from there.

We got two consecutive appt easily and when time came they had us go in together.

Last edited:
I was conditionally approved in less than a week. My wife applied the same day that I did and she's still waiting for her conditional approval. Over 3 months now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!