What is the rule for reserving lounge chairs

princesdi

Mouseketeer
What is courtesy for reserving lounge chairs on the ship and at CC? Can you hold one for each member of your family or is it courtesy to not do so? I don't want to be rude!!!

princesdi said:
What is courtesy for reserving lounge chairs on the ship and at CC? Can you hold one for each member of your family or is it courtesy to not do so? I don't want to be rude!!!

Will every member of your family be sitting in a chair on CC? I only keep a chair for myself as my daughter never sits still the whole time there and if she does she sits on the end of my lounge chair.

I think the family members can hold the seats themselves by placing their bodies in them. If not, then someone else could be using them.

It's one thing to save a seat while someone runs to the bathroom, or to grab something at Pluto's Doghouse. It's another thing to save a lounge just in case at some point throughout the day the family members might all be sitting down at once.

DCL posts this in the navigator...

We kindly advise that reserving of the sun loungers on decks 9 & 10 are not permitted.

If everyone in your family is there and wants to sit in a chair...they are welcome to. This addresses the practice of someone going down to the pool early and putting towels or what ever on chairs to hold them until later...sometimes hours. Don't expect those chairs to be available later because people can & will remove the items and use the chair.

At the Mickey Pool the four of us put our things on two chairs. DH or myself are in one of the chairs. The other holds everyones things...towels, shoes, lotion, etc. When the kids want to eat we all sit on those two chairs. DD usually takes breaks from swimming and will curl up on a towel next to me. At CC the kids are always in the water or sitting on the sand so we don't hold chairs for them either.

Regarding Castaway Cay, if you walk down to the further end of the family beach, there will be no problem finding loungers/ so there should be no problem with putting your things on chairs to reserve them while you swim. Now if you choose to stay at the beginning of the beach, it is so crowded that there should be bodies in the chairs or you should relinquish them...
IMHO :wave2:

lbgraves said:
At the Mickey Pool the four of us put our things on two chairs. DH or myself are in one of the chairs. The other holds everyones things...towels, shoes, lotion, etc. When the kids want to eat we all sit on those two chairs.

You know if Disney would put in those cubbies like they have at water parks it would cut down on people having to do this. If I had someplace to store my htings I would not need a chair to put it all down on. I don't like to pile my things on the floor in the corner for people to step on or trip on so they end up needing to be on a chair...a cubby would save me from even needing a chair at the pool!

That is very true! They would be great along the one wall next to Goofy's Galley. :) If you leave your stuff on the floor, it gets wet.

Another vote for cubbies. We had a group of 14 and always needed a place to put our things. We usually went for the chairs in the back so as to save a valuable lounger. If we took a lounger up, it was for a body + stuff and not just "stuff".

As CC, there was no way all 14 of us needed loungers/chairs/hammocks. We had 3 loungers in the back row for the senior/sun sensitive set. The rest of us and the kids were in the water (or eating) most of the time. No sense being seat hogs.

here here......i too vote for small cubbies to set your stuff in on deck with the pool...i had seen so many chairs that had no person in for hours at a time!! too bad people couldn't be more considerate of the other person looking for somewhere to sit down by the pool... it is awesome to have the adult only pool so the need for more chairs or cubbies is not needed there....
first time cruiser may 13th 7day magic eastern.......going again next year !!!!!

I am always careful to only use what we need with four of us and two kids we usually only have two B/chairs on the ship or Casterway Cay, the kids are often in the pool or sea so we usaully do not use two for them.

If we go to lunch we often give them up and sit in Topsiders but many people do not do that and you come back to loads of towels and no one on them.

I was luck one to have a hammock at CC we used it all the time i told the kids we must always be using it or give it up to someone esle, we had rotated it through all of us abouut 30 mins each, my daughter needed to go to the restroom I was getting drinks and a large lady just placed herself in the hannock within seconds and stayed there for a couple of hours.

The kids were very upset about this as we had used it and many other people had left towels on theirs and swam all the time, we had used ours al lthe time.

Its balance Is int it.

Unfortually the people that do all the reserving of the chairs aren't probably reading this thread or a DISboard member. I agree that it is so frustrating to go to the pool and not have a lounger/chair to sit in. Usually I just have to sit at the edge of the pool because of this.

The cubby thing is a wonderful idea. :thumbsup2

Marypoppinsiam said:
Unfortually the people that do all the reserving of the chairs aren't probably reading this thread or a DISboard member. I agree that it is so frustrating to go to the pool and not have a lounger/chair to sit in. Usually I just have to sit at the edge of the pool because of this.

Just have a seat in a chair and don't worry about it. If someone shows up, just be nice and only move if you want to. If they are unpleasant, keep being nice. And then tell them to go discuss it with a CM. Kill 'em with kindness!

Reserving was not permitted the several trips that we made. My husband walks a bit faster than we do, so he got the spot and then we secured our own chairs.

Of course, thoughtless people would just hog the cubbies all day. But at least more chairs might be free!!

Maybe just inoculate everyone with a big dose of courtesy!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter