what is the most annoying thing on a flight

On a lighter note...
Isn't it nice when you get chatting to someone and strike up a real rapport. We did this on our flight to L.A. and ended up going to Universal and Magic Mountain together! We had a couple of really memorable days out.:goodvibes

See I didn't mean in that way. But I believe Pegasus928 explained it better than I would. It helps to be tolerant and understanding if you know the circumstances.

Anyway, your last comment can also be seen as extremely ignorant and offensive.
Let me tell you a story of what happened to a friend of mine who gets that comment at times and every single time it put her close to depression.
She and her DH had been trying for years to get a child. After several treatments of IVF and going through some really rough times, they had given up. About 2 years after giving up, she got pregnant. They were obviously extremely delighted. However, she went into early labour and the baby was born at 27 weeks (or thereabouts), so for weeks her baby boy was in intensive care and for a long time it really was a matter of touch and go. After 3 months in hospital, they finally got to take their son home, but the struggle wasn't over yet. He got ill very easily for a long time, was obviously behind in growth, had trouble learning to walk, and they still didn't know if he would have any permanent brain damage as he was starved of oxigen at birth. At age 2, it looks like he made it through the worst and is doing well. Then 5 months ago, they're in a car accident and their son died. Can you begin to imagine what they have gone through??? Can you begin to imagine how much it hurts for her to get the comment "you'd understand if you'd have kids" given to her by perfect strangers???

People with kids often don't realise how painful it can be to say such a thing to other people. For all you know they might be desperate to have kids and such comments only rub it in that they don't have any. Or worse, they might have lost a child.

Maybe a bit of tolerance is required towards people without kids too?

A sad story for sure. I'm sure your friend appreciated you posting it here.

The comment wasn't aimed at anyone else but you and your comments about children screaming, all I said was I bet you don't have kids. Nothing more, nothing less.

I'm moving on, this will be my last post on the subject. I'm sorry it got out of hand, but it was a good debate.

Neoshoegal, im so glad you said this, I had to second Pegasus' comment and found it hard not to go into the exact thing you mention above.

Without going into too much detail about my personal life, I too would love a child but its not going to be easy for me, if at all.

A lot of people with children throw this comment around like its nothing...so yes...''Maybe a bit of tolerance is required towards people without kids too? ''

I'm sorry if I upset you. I really hope that things work out for you.

I wasn't meaning to be mean, just the fact that someone was complaining that a 2 year old kid screamed - here's a news flash - kids do scream!!

The comment wasn't aimed at anyone else but you and your comments about children screaming, all I said was I bet you don't have kids. Nothing more, nothing less.

I'm sorry if I upset you. I really hope that things work out for you.

I wasn't meaning to be mean, just the fact that someone was complaining that a 2 year old kid screamed - here's a news flash - kids do scream!!

I didn't complain that a 2 year old screamed, I complained that a 2 year old screamed non stop and ran ammock for a 9 hour flight without his parents showing any concern for other passengers.
Loads of people here complained about badly behaved children and their parents, yet you just vent to me and nearly make me look like someone who has problems with disabled people.

And again with the "no children" comment. Give me break. :sad2:

when they get to you and all the chicken options are gone

The usual, people not putting their seats up at meal time and people bumping in to you constantly if you are in an aisle seat.

Though this has me kinda of dreading our flight next week with my 13 month old boy. We will have lots of toys (as quiet as kids toys can be) and snacks. Some people have suggested giving him dozol but I'm not so sure about that.

To anyone on our flight, I will be doing my best to keep him quiet, if he screams or laughs too loudly I apologise, and you will most likely see us walking up and down the aisles frequently to tire him out and keep him calm and amused.

The usual, ............ and people bumping in to you constantly if you are in an aisle seat.

First of all I don't wish to offend anyone who is slightly larger but on our recent trip one of the cabin crew was a particularly "wide" lady who found it difficult getting up and down the aisle without bumping into passengers. I was in the aisle seat and my family found it hugely amusing whenever (picture it) I was about to drop off or take a mouthful of my dinner.

On a different topic - when we were getting our rental car after landing I couldn't help but nudge my wife to check out the rental manager's name badge. We were so glad that our son, who would not have been able to conceal his mirth, was standing back with the luggage. The manager's name ---- Rusty Colon! :scared1:

We're childless, not numpties! ;) Do you honestly think we've never spent time with infants?

We know kids make noise. It doesn't mean that at times that noise isn't annoying? I can understand a baby crying all I want but it doesn't change the fact that an hour of it on a flight is annoying and distressing. I can understand disabilities all I want but it doesn't change that an hour of an upset disabled child is distressing. :confused3

It's human nature to be upset when infants and children are distressed. That's how offspring survive! :idea:

i hate when the person behind you uses the back of your seat to pull themselves up with, last week on my way back from portugal i had a regular jack in the box who was in and out of his seat every coup[le of minuites, every time i got jerked backwards with massive force i'm surprised i don't have whiplash

i hate when the person behind you uses the back of your seat to pull themselves up with, last week on my way back from portugal i had a regular jack in the box who was in and out of his seat every coup[le of minuites, every time i got jerked backwards with massive force i'm surprised i don't have whiplash

That is annoying, just tell politely tell them, from experience people don't realize when they are doing these sort of things. Most people are very insular and are mortified if you tell them that they are doing something that is upsetting you.

On the way there absolutely nothing phases me, you can bump my seat, the whole plane can cry and scream I am so happy to be heading US bound. :yay:
On the return journey it's a different matter :sad2:
But I always try to remember that the person behind me probably doesn't mean to give me whiplash everytime they need a loo break and probably doesn't even realise what they are doing, the parents of the screaming child are probably as upset as me and likely they are more embarrassed - and for those that do know that I now need a neck brace and don't care what their kids are doing, well me stressing about it won't change it - more wine please:drinking1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter