What is the "irresistible" allure of Birthday FP's?

I don't know if anyone mentioned this but it's not an ordinary FP exactly. If you look at it, you can see I got this on New Years Day at 1:37 (lower right corner), it was good instantly for one hour. I was also told it was good for the rest of the day. Unlike a regular FP that gives you a window later that day-they are instant, and you can get as many as you want at one time. See the "another available after 1:36" So for example if you have 10 people, and everyone just loves Soarin, you can get 40 instant Soarin passes (with the current 8 each and 10 in your party) and go anytime that day you want, 4 times each in row if you want, or 2 now and 2 after dinner but before Illuminations. Same with TSM or EE-something thats usually 50 to 100 minutes. Plus you dont have to rush and open the park to get a lot done-or even stay late for that matter.

If it stays at 8 each, next time we may just sleep in, hit AK at 10AM and do Everest 4 times in a row (48 passes), FOTLK and Nemo, the head to MK or DHS for the night shows.

Jade - Thanks sooooo much for making it clear that these are not ordinary "free" fastpasses. We'll be at WDW for my big five-oh (I just can't type the number yet :eek:) in September (4 adults). I was leaning towards getting the FPs anyway as it's something we can share (and I'm not much of a 'stuff' person). But now I see how people are using them, it makes me more comfortable with going with FP rather than GC. DHB is not an early morning person in any case, so getting to a park at 10 and being able to walk onto rides is his dream. But I see most people are reporting using them at DHS. Originally birthday was going to be at MK, but if you get more bang for your buck at DHS, might make more sense to spend my birthday there.

Anyway, thanks again for the explanation.

We will be going for the $75. When booking our Nov 29 - Dec 5 trip with 40% off rooms, the CM asked what we were celebrating. Well our DS3 turns 4 in Nov and our DS8 turns 9 in Dec. He asked me to hold for a sec, so I did, when he came back on line he told me good news that we could celebrate both. I had also mentioned our 10th wedding anniv was this yr but in October. That didn't qualify.

So, I am hoping that we will be able to get $75 x 2.

We will be going for the $75. When booking our Nov 29 - Dec 5 trip with 40% off rooms, the CM asked what we were celebrating. Well our DS3 turns 4 in Nov and our DS8 turns 9 in Dec. He asked me to hold for a sec, so I did, when he came back on line he told me good news that we could celebrate both. I had also mentioned our 10th wedding anniv was this yr but in October. That didn't qualify.

I believe the CMs only mark your reservation has having a celebration...it doesn't have much to do with the "Free on your Birthday" stuff directly.

If both children's actual birthdays are during your trip, then each can get the GC (or any of the options) so long as you meet all the requirements. On their actual birthday of course.

You have to be there on the actual date of the birthdays to get the GC's. You can celebrate anything you want anytime of the year. Make sure you register their birthdays online. Have fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter