What is the difference between...

dvc at last !

DVC Member 2006!
I am not sure so I need to know before I make reservations...
the difference between a 2 bedroom and a
2 bedroom lock off.

Is one better than the other ?

Thanks.

A lockoff is a one bedroom and a proper studio combined. the second bedroom will have the kitchenette. There will be two separate entrances.

A dedicated two bedroom doesn't have that kitchenette. There will only be the one entrance.

We have gotten dedicateds so far because DH feels a lockoff might make extended family feel separate and not as welcome. To me it's all the same and I think the kitchenette would be a bonus!

Just depends on your group as to which one is better for you.

The dedicated 2-bedroom has 2 queen beds in the second bedroom where the lockoff has a queen bed and full sleeper sofa (the studio suite).

The lockoff also has separate heat/AC controls and a DVD player in the studio.

:earsboy: Bill

I am not sure so I need to know before I make reservations...
the difference between a 2 bedroom and a
2 bedroom lock off.

Is one better than the other ?

Thanks.
Separate entrances along with the info below. There is some variations between resorts. Assuming it's not BCV or BWV, the info on 2 queens in the second vs a queen and pullout love seat is accurate. BWV doesnt' have dedicated units. BCV has 1/3 of theirs with the setup noted and 2/3 of the dedicated units with a pullout queen plus a regular queen bed. The other aspect is that even if you have it reserved as a lockoff, you can't later split it if you need less space.

The BLT and AKL pull-outs are hard and thin. I understand they're very comfortable if people prefer or need a really firm mattress. The pull-outs at SSR, BCV, BWV, VWL are much thicker and softer - which is our preference. Any of the pull-outs work well for smaller children or lighter teens.

Something else to think about when booking a 2BR.

When we need a 2BR we prefer the lock-off variety. To us the advantages are the kitchenette and the temperature controls in the studio portion.

The advantage of the kitchenette is not that we expect to actually use it but that we wind up with two toasters and coffee makers. Two toasters allows more than one person to have toast at the same time. Two coffee makers allows a pot of decaf and regular coffee at the same time.

The temperature controls are great when some folks like cool (cold) sleeping temps while others like it warmer. Of course this sometimes results in little tropical storm clouds at the door between the two. :lmao:

We prefer the dedicated 2BRs. DH and I take the master, our three kids take the other bedroom. I prefer an extra closet in the kids' room instead of an exterior door. The OKW units have two beds in the studio portion no matter what, but at a different resort we would prefer two real beds over a bed and a sleeper sofa. Now if we were traveling with another couple and not our children, then I can see wanting a lock off. A couple in the studio portion might like the sleeper sofa instead of a second bed, along with their own exterior door and the kitchenette.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Our dedicated two bedroom villa at VWL had two thermostats.

OKW lockoffs have two queen beds in the second bedroom because all OKW studios have two queen beds instead of a queen bed and double sleeper sofa.

When we travel in October with our DD, and DGD, and our DSs, and a DS friend, we are booking a lock-off because our schedules are likely to be quite different. The young male adults will probably be out late, and I'm not certain I will unlock our side of the lock-off door if they are noisy and threaten to wake up my DGD Abby :rotfl2:. They will have to be on their best behavior to get food from us!!!

We've always had lockoffs. Since BWV is home and we've spent most of our trips there, and they only have lockoffs, we haven't had anything else.

When traveling with other adults or older kids, its nice for them to have their own door and be able to move on their own schedule

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter