What is the best length of stay at WDW?

Halloweenqueen

Whenever Candle Lights Flicker...
We have always gone during the school year in the past. Our kids are getting older, so we are more worried about missed school work. We are thinking about going in August rather than October this year. The biggest plus would be the opportunity for a longer stay.

I've booked two weeks, but now I'm starting to think this might be too much.

I would love to hear other's experiences with a long stay. How did your children handle it? etc.

I'm curious as well. Our longest trip was 7 nights, but most of them have been 5-6 nights. Part of me dreams about a leisurely 2 week vacation.

well so far in the past 6 years that Ive been introduced to DW, weve gone 5 times with all different stay lengths and I have to say the only one i regret was the birthday trip that was only a 3 day trip, the 10 day trip was a bit much after awhile but still theres always the feeling of regret the day before when you have to start packing your bags

Any length to go though is always FUN!:wizard:

We were there over July 4th in 2008 and spent 16 nights at FW, it was the perfect amount of time. We bought the 10 day park hopper with options and would spend 2 days in the park and then 1 day out of the parks relaxing and doing the waterparks or Disney Quest. We didn't get tired of going the the parks, and we had enough down time to relax and enjoy ourselves. On July 3rd the MK was open until 4:00am with EMH, we stayed until the parks closed and then slept until 12:30pm on the 4th because we weren't going to go to the parks on the 4th.

I go for 2 weeks. It's great. I would love to stay longer but I have to work.

I usually get a 10 day pass and then spend a few days at the parks and take a day off to rest (DTD or resort) then back to the parks for a few more days and then another day off.

Oh My goodness Such Problems....;)

Two weeks will be great!! It gives you time to stop and relax and take it all in. Enjoy it !!! Your kids are the perfect age for it.

Our summer trips have always been anywhere from 10-12 nights.

For us, it is only doable if we do a split stay...too long at one resort, & we lose the excitement. (Last year, we spent 8 nights at BCV before switching to AKV. Our entire family wished we'd left BCV about 2 nights sooner).

We just stayed 2 weeks in August. It was wonderful!:cloud9: We had the most relaxed vacation ever! We did a week at the Yacht Club and a week at the Poly. I would gladly stay for a month. Our kids are also young and they just loved it. We would swim in the mornings and have the pool to ourselves. We would leisurely stroll the parks. We simply did not feel any need to rush anything. We usually go for 10 days but this was just wonderful. We could have easily stayed another week or two. The only thing that would have been better is if we were in a DVC so we could cook some meals because the food gets old after a while. Other than that I highly reccommend it.

we did just shy of 3 weeks one year :thumbsup2 it was awesome. it was perfect. the first week to unwind, and a second week that we didn't have to start dreading going back half way through:rotfl2:, then the third week to just chill cause the kids were all parked out and we did the pools and a few rides and shows really wanted to see. no rush rush rush, just a great pace for a holiday.

we just stayed dvc for 2 weeks....the kids and I loved it, but my dh gets sick of Disney after hitting all the parks one time......:confused3 we had 10 day hoppers...after the 7th use, he just went and did his own thing during the day,and met up later if he felt like it.....kept the peace,but he wanted to go home.....sigh..... my kids never got tired of hitting parks even on the 10th day-
looking back,I'd spend more pooltime in the a.m. and then hit parks later in the day...but we had a blast!

Coming from the UK we always stay for 2 weeks and it is great. We get most things done that we want to and we also have a few days where we go out of disney. Sometimes we go to a beach or we go to sea world. We also have a day shopping. We are never ready to go home after 2 weeks and would love to stay for 3.

We stayed 21 nights the last time we went to WDW, it wasn't a split stay either (well it was two separate booking as you can't book more than 14 nights at WDW) at AKL When it came time to leave we could have stayed longer.

We are going again this year and we are again staying for 21 nights, but have booked a week at AKL and 2 weeks at BC (although we may end up doing a week AKL, a week Poly and a week BC).

A longer stay is great. You can take your time around the parks. You can have days off just relaxing and enjoying the resort and pool. We get all of the TS restaurants in we want as we have plenty of time. Plenty of time for both waterparks and other activities. We find that we can move at a more relaxed pace, don't feel rushed. I say stay as long as you like, if you want to go for two weeks then go, you won't regret it. Even after two weeks you won't want to leave. :goodvibes

We have stayed for various lengths of time and found that 14 days allows us to gain optimal value from a trip. The 10 day passes with wp&more is good for 14 days, so we plan 10 park days and 4 water park days. Also, if you go in late August, you can get free dining for those 14 days.

The longer trips allow for a more relaxed pace... :goodvibes

We do at least two weeks in the summer. This year it's 16 nights in Disney, and 5 nights in Hilton Head.

The longest we ever stayed at Disney was 18 nights - 2nights at the Nick Hotel when it first opened up and 16 nights at the GF. We've done some split stays 1/2 time at YC and 1/2 time at Poly, and some Disney/Universal splits 11 nights at Disney and 4 at Universal.

I love the long stays. We get up early and go to the parks, come back and swim/rest and then go back for dinner parades/fireworks etc. With a two week stay we do at least two "resort days" and do one girls days at the GF tea and Spa while DH takes ds to ESPN, the Boardwalk and the YC/BC arcade!

Any length of time in Disney is wonderful. I've done as little as 4 days- which was a bit more rushed, but I definitely got my money's worth and as much as 14- we did just about everything and also SeaWorld and Islands of Adventure.

It depends on your situation.- I tend to take 8 day trips because it is a happy medium where I can do just about everything I want to, but still not spend as much money for 14.

We think 10 days is a nice length of stay but I would gladly try longer! :thumbsup2

I think 2 weeks or more would allow for more resort days and half park days. That would be nice.

Before we had kids, 2 weeks would be great. For my 2 & 5 year olds, we have found that they are maxed out around 9 or 10 days. We did 10 in September and the 2 year old was really ready to go home. This will probably change as they age. It really depends on your family.

I'd LOVE to stay for 2+ weeks! Unfortunately the man that makes the money doesn't agree with me :rolleyes: We're staying 9 days in July and wer're thinking about getting 5 day passes. 2 days for MK and one day for the rest of the parks. DH and I have one day left of a no expiration hopper and DS has 2 days of a non-expired hopper. So we're going to see what TGM says before buying additional days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter