What is the best deal you have found on this board?

My favorite was a free DVR from Directv - only had to pay postage ($14.99 I think). I don't know how I ever watched TV without it!

jennifer293 said:
I second the $.99 beach towels!! :cool1:

Gotta agree, we had a lilo and stitch birthday party and gave these as thank-you gifts. Looked very nice and only $.99. (I had bought 20)

my black friday buddies and my freebie friends

It's kinda hard to say, I've gotten alot from here, but the one that comes to mind right now while I'm in Christmas shopping/toy mode are the Hasbro codes and the amazon toy clearance over the summer.

I too, have gotten lots of good deals. But I have to say the best thing I have gotten was Halloween party tickets for free for my whole family from a very generous dis'er!!! She even mailed them to our room at the resort for us priority mail, and insured, I believe, and refused to accept anything in return.

HALEYSMOMMOM said:
I too, have gotten lots of good deals. But I have to say the best thing I have gotten was Halloween party tickets for free for my whole family from a very generous dis'er!!! She even mailed them to our room at the resort for us priority mail, and insured, I believe, and refused to accept anything in return.

wow- now thats some pixie dust! :tink: good for you!

10 round trip tickets on AirTran for the cost of 4 medium sized drinks. I heard about that Wendy's promotion on this board and worked it for all it was worth.

150 2 liter bottles of Coke is probably the second best, but it would have to compete with a studio at Calypso Cay and full breakfast for 4 adults for $49 per night.

This board is my mini-vacation too. Sometimes you just have to look reality square in the face---and deny it. When things feel like a grind, I come to this website for a 15 minute getaway. You guys rock!

I just received my FREE 2GB silver iPod nano today thanks to a post this summer by amp078. :thumbsup2 All I had to do was open a checking account with Key Bank (no monthly fee). I didn't order checks for it, I only use it to direct deposit my weekly "allowance" so my new iPod didn't cost me a red cent!! :banana:

NeedaVacation03 said:
The Disney TV from Sears last fall for $25.00 thanks to a sears typing error :cool1:
That was my best deal too. The 19" color Mickey TV. I ordered and picked it up in 3 hours and then find out it was an error when I came back to post how neat it was.

#1 - $20.03/room Marriot in downtown disney. We're a family of 6, so we need two rooms, so we saved alot.

#2 - $100 Docker deals with freebies - free Tivo and free portable DVD player. I ordered the Dockers on line at JC Penney and got a free shipping code off the board as well.

#3 - MCD code for the Disney on Ice shows (when they used to give you $10 tickets). We took the 4 kids and paid about $70+ with fees. I didn't feel bad about the souvenirs. Plus the seats were great.

#4 - All the other codes - Yankee candle, American Girl, Hasbro, Kohls, Bath and Body Works, Toys r us coupons, etc. How about the free slippers from Bluefly last year!

#5 - great advice from fellow budget board members - you are the greatest!

Anyone know if that teacher discount is anything Apple is offering again?

Definately would be the $20.03 for the Marriott near Downtown Disney!! That was just amazing :sunny:

jgates said:
Anyone know if that teacher discount is anything Apple is offering again?

If you're referring specifically to iPods there was a post a week or so back about this. Someone called Apple and was told they're no longer offering the education discounts on iPod nanos due to them being better quality than the old style but at the same price (or something like that).:(

The Stay for 7 nights and pay for 4 when you used your Disney Visa about 2 years ago. 5 of us (really 6 since my youngest was 2) stayed at the Poly Lagoon View Concierge with Park Hoppers for $3200. That was the best deal!

I also got in on the Disney Beach towels for .99!

My best ever deal went with long ago ( and much loved - and long to go again :sad2: ) disney trip. 2 years ago next week we went to WDW for a wonderful week trip and stayed at the Contemporary resort with a 50% off room code :banana:
thanks agin for the great info and help that person gave us! we saved so much money on the room we were able to make it the best vacation we ever had! We enjoyed alot of special treats we would not have gotten paying full price for the room :cloud9:

Tina

The American Girl 70% off Hopscotch Hill dolls; which will be for Christmas and birthdays.
The Disney Princess TV and DVD player from Home Depot-kids will open this Christmas!!!
The Disney Stitch and Nemo towels for .99 each

Thanks DIS budget board for saving me money!!!

How about the 98 cents rooms last year that you had to pay a penny to upgrade to a pool view room. yeah, the hotel wasn't done on time but when could you get away with payin $10 for a weeks hotel stay??!!

Above that would be my senseo, sonicare brush and Mickey Tv from last year which i paid a total of 430 for tv and DVD player.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter