• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is still not back to "normal?" (Updated April 2023)

Can you use the aft stairs/elevator to enter/exit Cabanas? I thought I had heard that was closed off after the restart.

Can you use the aft stairs/elevator to enter/exit Cabanas? I thought I had heard that was closed off after the restart.
We sailed on the dream in August of 2021, the fantasy in October, 2021 and then last week on the fantasy. The aft stairs were open on each cruise.

Any chance the snack stations are back yet? Or the Frozen meet and greet?
Not quite sure what you mean by snack stations.

Ice cream is available on the pool deck as is pizza
On the Wonder in June, Crown and Fin did have a late-night buffet with items like crudites and jalapeno poppers. There were also bar food items like pretzels and sliders for sale.
Cove Cafe has pastries during the day and cheese and olives in the evening.

I have not seen mention of the return of the Frozen meet and greet.

Yeah, the crown and fin late night buffet was part of what I was thinking about - they also used to put out things like the makings for nachos in the area where they now have the New Orleans lounge, where they do trivia and stuff sometimes.
Not quite sure what you mean by snack stations.

Ice cream is available on the pool deck as is pizza
On the Wonder in June, Crown and Fin did have a late-night buffet with items like crudites and jalapeno poppers. There were also bar food items like pretzels and sliders for sale.
Cove Cafe has pastries during the day and cheese and olives in the evening.

I have not seen mention of the return of the Frozen meet and greet.

Any chance the snack stations are back yet? Or the Frozen meet and greet?
I'm not sure about Magic and Wonder, but on Dream and Fantasy it's been kind of hit or miss as to whether the little snack buffets in the lounge areas are open on a given night. They weren't open immediately after cruises resumed, but more recently it seems like some nights they're open, others they're not.

Another question if everyone doesn't mind - I also understand now that your room keys are at your room they don't give them to you in the port anymore?

Another question if everyone doesn't mind - I also understand now that your room keys are at your room they don't give them to you in the port anymore?
This is true. It will be in a cardboard envelope outside your door. We haven't experienced any problems with it yet.

Since the covid reopening, we have sailed 4x: Magic, Wonder and twice on the Dream. Our rooms were available at 1:30, maybe 2 at the latest. It definitely wasn't 3:00.

We just got back. We were on two cruises,b2b. Oct 29th eight nights and Nov 6 six night. The Oct cruise had about 2300-2400 onboard, but the Nov 6 cruise had 3500 onboard which included 1000 kids. The serving teams were struggling at times. The pools and cabanas was packed. The theater was so full. They added a matinee of both Aladdin and Believe. Btw, pirate night buffet is gone. It took an hour to disembark the ship on Saturday and at times they would stop the line because the luggage level was so backed up. The line snaked around the luggage. Btw, I’m home and ended up with a “chest cold”. Tested negative so far. This is my third time in a row getting sick. April (covid), September (flu) and now this b2b (Chest cold,bronchitis symptoms). my Head server told us that they can’t hire enough CMs. She said she was getting ready to lose a bunch of them as their contracts were ending and most weren’t coming back.

We just got back. We were on two cruises,b2b. Oct 29th eight nights and Nov 6 six night. The Oct cruise had about 2300-2400 onboard, but the Nov 6 cruise had 3500 onboard which included 1000 kids. The serving teams were struggling at times. The pools and cabanas was packed. The theater was so full. They added a matinee of both Aladdin and Believe. Btw, pirate night buffet is gone. It took an hour to disembark the ship on Saturday and at times they would stop the line because the luggage level was so backed up. The line snaked around the luggage. Btw, I’m home and ended up with a “chest cold”. Tested negative so far. This is my third time in a row getting sick. April (covid), September (flu) and now this b2b (Chest cold,bronchitis symptoms). my Head server told us that they can’t hire enough CMs. She said she was getting ready to lose a bunch of them as their contracts were ending and most weren’t coming back.
Hope you feel better soon.

I was on the Oct 22 with 2969 guests so I can only imagine what 3500 is like..damn.. Going on the Merrytime right after Thanksgiving and def hoping for lower crowds.. if they don't have the staffing to accommodate that kind of number they should cap capacity even though they have the beds imo.

I was on the Oct 22 with 2969 guests so I can only imagine what 3500 is like..damn.. Going on the Merrytime right after Thanksgiving and def hoping for lower crowds.. if they don't have the staffing to accommodate that kind of number they should cap capacity even though they have the beds imo.
I agree. The dining room tables are so close now, it’s like sitting with another family. My Nov 6th cruise was veteran week and jersey week. So curious about this weeks cruise.

I saw another recent thread seeming to indicate that the MDRs no longer have physical menus - you have to use the app. Is this still the case?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter