What is Preferred at Pop now?

laurabelle

DIS Veteran
We're finally staying at Pop for the first time! :flower1: My dd wants to stay in the 60's section. I've read here that "parts" of the 60's, 50's and 70's are Preferred now at Pop. When I called yesterday to make my requests, the CM said all of the 60's buildings were still preferred rooms. She insisted that she just stayed there recently and paid for preferred and was in the 60's lakeview, which is what I requested. I asked her to request it anyway. I figure if that's the case, I'll pay extra at check in if it's available.
Any recent experiences? :confused3

laurabelle said:
We're finally staying at Pop for the first time! :flower1: My dd wants to stay in the 60's section. I've read here that "parts" of the 60's, 50's and 70's are Preferred now at Pop. When I called yesterday to make my requests, the CM said all of the 60's buildings were still preferred rooms. She insisted that she just stayed there recently and paid for preferred and was in the 60's lakeview, which is what I requested. I asked her to request it anyway. I figure if that's the case, I'll pay extra at check in if it's available.
Any recent experiences? :confused3

I don't have any first hand experience so hopefully someone will chime in from a recent stay. This is what I found off the Disney site:

Preferred View Rooms are located in the 1960's buildings, nearer to the main pool, food court, transportation, playground, and laundry facilities.

We just stayed in the 50's (building #1) and it was not preferred.

I believe it all depends on which bldg and what it faces or is close to. If you are in the 50's bldg, in #1, if you faced the pool, you might be considered preferred, since you're at the pool and it is closer to the food court that way. I thought that only some of the rooms in the 60's section were now considered 'preferred'....that those in the back were just going to be standard rooms now. And that they added some of the 70's rooms to the preferred list..those that are closest to the food court/bus stop.

We just got back and stayed in the 50's section building one (not facing the pool). We did not pay for preferred room but when we checked in she said we had been upgraded to a preferred room for free. So I assumed that is was now part of that area.

All of bldg #l is now preffered.

We were on 4th floor facing trees/parking lot and pay preferred rate.

herc.

We stayed in 50s building 1as prefered, I was actually happier with this than 60's as it was quieter, and not far to walk.

We stayed in the 60's - Bldg. 4 - near the lake. It was preferred. We loved it there. It was close to the gift shop and food court, the pool, the lake, and the bus stops.

If you drive, it is a long walk to the parking lot. We finally figured it out about two days before we left. We brought the car down to the 50's lot near the lake - then walked straight to our room. (I can't believe it took us about 4 days to figure this out!)

Enjoy your vacation! Pop is fantastic!
:wave:

The 60's are all preferred.....those are the only preferred buildings at POP...even though some of the rooms at the 50's section is closer to the lobby, they still don't consider any of the 50's buildings preferred!

"Preferred" is now considered any room within a 500 foot radius (as the crow flies) from Classic Hall.

Tyler (or the rest of the board), can someone offer up a recommendation for a Prefered room / building? We arrive on 10/26 for 3 nights, and am staying at the Pop! for the first time (Vetrans of the Poly, Boradwalk, ASMovies). We will be Taking Magical Express to the resort, and using park transportation to get around.

Thanks!

Thanks for all the replies! So do you think 60's building, facing the lake, top floor is going to be a quiet location?

eblack0409 said:
The 60's are all preferred.....those are the only preferred buildings at POP...even though some of the rooms at the 50's section is closer to the lobby, they still don't consider any of the 50's buildings preferred!
Hi! I saw that you stayed at POP for your honeymoon. We will be staying there for our honeymoon in April do they do anything specail for honeymooners? Just wondering?>

When we booked we were told all of 60's and some of 50's and 70's were preferred. We requested 50's or 70's not preferred.

eblack0409 said:

Not anymore! I had a very quiet top floor room in the 50's section (Lady's building) nearest luggage services May '05 and a room in the 70's third floor just past the Mickey phone Jan '06. Neither of these were preferred at that time, but when we checked in Sept 22, '06 I asked for either of these areas and was told that both are now Preferred. The CM said basically any room on the side of the elevators toward Classic Hall in the 50's, 60's, or 70's is now considered Preferred. We round up on the back side of the 70's (building 10) facing the 80's section and was told that was the closest standard room available. The back of the 50's and back of the 70's to the left of the elevator was also considered standard according to the CM.

laurabelle said:
Thanks for all the replies! So do you think 60's building, facing the lake, top floor is going to be a quiet location?

We had problems with noise at Pop. Part of this was because we were near the elevator. Not only could we hear "ding!" and the ice machine from our room, but also it was a high foot traffic area and people would run and yell past our room at all hours. :furious: This was on the 3rd floor of building 3 (Tramp) facing the back of the building. Room 3324.

So, if you want quiet....

1. request 4th floor lake side
2. ask for a room that is not near the elevator

I did request a 4th floor room but didn't get one. If I ever stay at Pop again, I will still make that request and will wait longer for the room if necessary. We could hear the people above us, too. Overall, Pop Century was a nice resort but the noise issue put a damper on our stay there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter