What is one of the 'less than perfect' items you've bought at disney?

The play Castle. Garbage.

The spinning light up Minnie's - they stopped working before we got to the car. The kids still always ask for a new one - ugh no they are junk.

Disney Polly's dolls...

We brought the prince doll pack.. It looked like you got 3 doll and a few changes of clothes..
Only to open it up and fine it was one doll with changeable head!!! The heads were so little that there was no way to get the heads on the one body..
I don't understand way they make such little pieces!!! They were lost before ever getting home..

SAVE you money and buy the new ones in the store, that have the magic clip on outfits! Much better, and less Likely to get lost..

PKWallaby said:
A set of 4 adorable notepads that are supposed to be self-stick like post-it notes. Unfortunately they do not stick - so they fall off over everything unless you use tape. Sort of defeats the purpose of "self-stick" (and reminds me of the Seinfeld episode with George and the label maker :rotfl: )

I'm glad I read through first. This is EXACTLY what I was going to say! I thought to myself, surely someone else has purchased the ever so cute sticky notes that won't stick!! LOL! Those things stick for about a solid minute!

There are almost too many things to remember them all. Buzz lightyear blaster, buzz lightyear spinner, two monorails, a pose able woody doll... My dh and I decided that we're going to stop buying toys at wdw for awhile!

I have bought several of the little plastic pouches that hold your tickets on the end of your lanyard. Each one has ripped. I guess I overstuff them with my whole family's tickets and fast passes, and sometimes some cash. So really it's my fault. I should just buy a sturdier fabric one at home to bring with me. Maybe next time.

Agree with the post it notes that don't stick! Also agree with the charm bracelets that fall apart and shirts that shrink two sizes. I bought a pair of earrings that broke before I even put them on! My daughter saves her $$ and usually buys hair stuff or jewelry and most of it breaks before we even leave (the stores take it back, though). My son's monorail broke within a month. Geez....now that I see this written down, why do we spend our $$ on this garbage?? Oh yeah...because it brings a bit of magic home...even if it doesn't last longer than a day :)

quirty30 said:
I got a plastic red Mickey clock with floating hands with the white gloves. It stopped keeping time almost as soon as I got it home. I think one of the inner hands is stuck. But the floating white gloved hands still work.

I bought the same and had the same issue.

I purchased a pair of 14k gold Mickey earrings a few years ago. When one fell out, it bent so badly and was not fixable. Definitely not worth the money I paid. I also agree with others regarding how much many items shrink

I bought a drawstring backpack at DL in August. Then in Dec I used it at WDW on a 3 day trip and it completely fell apart.

Me too! It has pulled apart at every seem. Never carried anything heavy in it :confused3 It is just junk...

Some sort of mini-digital camera themed to POTC. While it seemed to take pictures, we never knew because it would not connect with the computer to download them.

Mickey Mouse scheduler thing-y. It looked a bit like a red calculator and was supposed to help you keep up with things like Fastpass times and such. Piece of junk.

Balloons. No luck with them lasting more than a few hours.

Gemstone Mickey ring. We've bought three....the stone always falls out within a short time. My DD just loved them though. After the last one, we said, no more.

Key chains! Some broke faster than others, but they all broke at some point.

The Mickey ice cube trays.

Shirts purchased in the last 5-10 years. They just shrink and lose shape.

I, too, have had post-it notes that didn't stick.

Most of what Disney sells these days is junk. It isn't cheap, but it is junk.

I believe that most of mine have been posted, but I'll reiterate just in case :)

- The charm bracelets - they are good for the most part, but some of the charms are way too heavy and break off

- Post its - Mine stick to things fine, but some of them when you go to take them off, they rip, instead of peeling off. There is something strange about the glue they use.

- The first water-mister-fan-thing we bought had a leak in it, so you couldn't keep much water in it and it got everywhere when you tried to spray. But that could be just that one bottle because my brother bought one on another trip and it worked fine.

I had a keychain that I purchased from Trend-D. It fell apart by the time I reached the hotel. I exchanged it for another keychain and It fell apart a month later.:(

Wallets and cross-body bags.

Instead of sewing them, thy use glue for a lot of it. The glue melts in the Florida humidity/heat.

We give our kids a set amount that they can spend on souvenirs. What they spend it on is their decision, with one exception. We won't let them buy jewelry any more. They bought jewelry on the first couple trips and every piece broke with very little use.

I agree the Disney shirts definitely shrink, so I am now in the mind frame of buying a size larger, sweatshirts have been fine for us, luckily. However, whenever our balloons start to die down, whether it's from the weather, etc..they always let us exchange it for one a new one :cool1:

I bought two pins that had bent or crooked backs. I'm afraid of breaking them off if I straighten them out.

Christmas 2011 at HS I purchased 6 sets of the christmas light necklaces that blinked. I brought them home for the family. They all wore them the first day and a few hours later all of them had fallen apart. The wires had come right out out of the bulbs.

Same trip, at Epcot, I purchased one of the hand held "spinners". This one was a clear snowman with mickey ears that had "snow" inside. The spinner blew the "snow" around. By January it was broken.

Disney should be embarrassed for the junk they sell.

Balloons. No luck with them lasting more than a few hours.

Some info we received this last trip on balloons. We had purchased the light up Tink in MK and it went flat within a day. DH spoke to a CM with the balloons and she told him that if you bring back ANY part of a balloon that you had purchased and not been happy with they would replace it. She replaced DD's balloon.

We purchased the multi christmas tree ornament display tree. Total junk. I didn't even use it. It went together poorly and in fact one of the arms broke and is unusable. Only thing I have ever bought that I felt that way about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter