What is most important in your choice of resort?

What is THE MOST IMPORTANT factor in your choice of resort?

• Theme/atmosphere

• Points cost

• Room size

• Close parking/Valet parking

• Pool

• Other-please post what I forgot

Results are only viewable after voting.
This is a good poll. For me it was a tie between location and theme/atmosphere. But if I really had to pick between one I decided on location.

I voted for location. But I'm not sure how fair a question it is. We bought BWV and when we added on it was at VWL since it was all that was available.

I think this is a very good poll but the choice: close parking/valet parking are really 2 opposites not one choice, because the DVC properties that offer close parking (at your door) do not offer valet parking and vice versa.

As a VWL owner, theming is the numero uno aspect!

The fact that we love the location too (away from the parks) is just a bonus. :D

I think that many of the choices go together.

I like the room size, location, point schedule and theming at OKW.

.... for me it's all about location for the type of trip we're on. As I've previously posted: VWL for Christmas,BWV or now BCV for F&W, OKW for May trip.

I'm confused...

In our "choice of resort" for each stay, or when we originally purchased?

Judging from the replies to this point, I think you're getting answers for both scenarios...

As I think of the poll I think it means where you stay-not where you bought...obviously that will vary from trip to trip, so I think the term "in general" would apply..

The parking question was intentionally covering more than one resort because all the questions do...this is not a which resort is best poll it is which feature is MOST IMPORTANT. Obviously theme/atmosphere can cover all the resorts. Pool could refer to several as Richyams and KNWVIKING pooint out, location could be construed as plus at any resort depending on where you want to be as KNWVIKING points out....thus his choice of location as most important...mine too

As for Richyams comment- he is trying to make this a which resort is better question when it is a WHAT is the MOST important feature question...you can like a lot of things all about one resort...or like a few and not others-...but what is THE MOST important. Terry S understands it perfectly..if you have to choose just one-and that is the world of these polls, what is your choice? Based on Richyams prior posts I would guess room size is his MOST IMPORTANT thing.

Finally- to KNWVIKING- poll making is usually a thankless task, so thanks for acknowledging my effort.

Paul

It's a tough poll to answer, because when you say what most want:

theme, they all have their themes, BWv old Atlantic city type, Okw -okw, wlv wilderness. People would vote on their fav. theme.

So if somone answers themes, they could be answering for any of the resorts.

location, some would vote three of the resorts for the location to the parks, and some would vote the okw for where it is in relation to the parks.

so that answer could be skewed. I could see if you say, Location to the parks. 'Cause as you can see by some of the remarks ,some people like the location of the Okw in relation to the parks.

Pool, is I guess the only one you could actually measure.
SAB, WLV and BWV, then Okw,

Point cost/ room size you could lump together

Parking, don't think anyone really cares to make it their number one choice.

I originally answered Theme, but then read location later. Instructers always told me to read all the answers but I didn't. Tough poll, needs to be refined a bit, to provide any meaningful data. Pks it was a good try and thanks, as you can see, some try to change what you are really looking for as what they look for first. Mine would have been location. Some want to pick them all, then make a case that they fit in them all.

I totally agree with Granny for his 2 points:

Theming (which is why we chose VWL)

and location (being AWAY from the parks! AAAHHH love that quiet)

Originally posted by PKS44
Finally- to KNWVIKING- poll making is usually a thankless task, so thanks for acknowledging my effort.

Paul,

Personally, I think you did a good job with the poll.

The polls here are for entertainment purposes. Realize that only a small percentage of DVC owners come to this board. So there will never be any data that can be interpreted as representing the total DVC ownership opinions.

The real value of a poll comes with the comments that expand upon a vote. There are many good comments on this poll and I think the question was clear enough, for me anyway.

Keep up the good work, my fellow Missourian! :)

Actually, Peterd, I disagree with your assessment of the poll. I think it is setup just right in order to separate out the individual resorts and focus on the actual motivation behind your choice.

Yes, each resort has its own theme but the question is whether theming is the reason for choosing the resort for your stay - not which theme do you prefer.

Same for location - the question is whether location is the primary reason for your resort choice as opposed to which location do you prefer. For many people, the reason for picking a particular location (quiet versus near restaurants etc.) will vary but the fact that location is generally their primary deciding factor does not change.

I don't believe this poll was designed to choose one resort over another but instead to highlight those factors that are most influential when picking a resort for a vacation.

I voted theming as this was our primary reason for buying VWL and remains the primary reason why we will most likely stay there for the majority of our WDW vacations. I sure do, however, love the option of staying at other resorts should I decide that for a particular vacation a different factor is more important.

Thanks Paul for putting this poll together - job well done IMO.

After reading it again, you're right I agree.

As Amy Latella would say "never mind".

Perhaps pool would be an addition to the poll, anyone consider the pool in thier resort choice? WLV owners? BCV owners? HH and Vero owners, I guess location includes proximity to the Ocean....

I said "location". I book at OKW because I love the relaxing location on the golf course. I book at BWV because I love being able to walk to Epcot and MGM. I book at VWL because I like being away from the parks, but close enough for a boat ride to the MK. I book at VB because of the ocean. I haven't been to HH yet :).

We think the theming of the resorts is the most important aspect.
Location is also a consideration, otherwise don't think most people would not have purchased DVC in the first place.

ralphd:) :) :)

Ralphd... I beleive the "Location" preference on this one means the location within WDW. Not the location of WDW.

Clarification on location:
1. We joined at BWV because we liked the resort (theming, services and personality) and also liked the location near Epcot and MGM.
2. Started to add-on at BCV because of theming, SAB and location.
3. Wanted to check (because of reading the reports on the forum) VWL first and decided we preferred VWL over BCV. Did two add-ons at VWL because of theming and resort personality. We also liked having an option near the MK.
We have completed two add-ons at BWV and two add-ons at VWL. Will probably do at least one more add-on at VWL.

ralphd
:) :) :) :) :) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter