What is good at Animator’s Palate?

ArtemisPhoenix

Mouseketeer
So it’s been 4 years since we last cruised and I can’t remember if there was anything we ordered at Animator’s Palate that we actually liked. The restaurant itself is one of my favorites, but, if memory serves, nothing on the menu there was all that great, besides the little truffle pasta appetizer thing.
We are in that restaurant on the first night of the cruise, so it’s not really an option to order from one of the other restaurants. (yes, I know you CAN, but since it causes a lot more difficulties for the servers if you don’t let them know your intention to do so the night before, I don’t want to do that.)
Is there anything that is consistently good on this menu? Or anything that is consistently awful? Or is this a night that we should enjoy appetizers and dessert in the restaurant so that we can enjoy the animation, but then order off the room service menu later in our suite?

I like the pork chop... Actually the pork chop is only pretty good. But I love the sun dried tomato risotto that comes with it.

Also,the sticky date pudding is one of my favorite desserts out of all the DCL menus.

The blueberry cocktail is good.

I actually really like the pork dish with risotto on this menu. Last time I tried the pasta which I also enjoyed. I always end this meal with the chocolate fudge cheesecake which hits the spot for me.
To me this menu is far better than the second Enchanted Garden menu, which I always struggle to eat off.

I like the ginger teriyaki dusted beef tenderloin. My adult kids like the lemon thyme chicken. DH likes the tuna steak. I accidentally (was trying to order the black bean chipotle cakes but server misheard me) got the sesame halloumi parcels last time and really enjoyed them....filled with sweet potatoes and halloumi cheese.

I'm actually not that fond of the truffle pursettes...not enough flavor for me. I've tried them twice on 2 different ships.

I'm actually not that fond of the truffle pursettes...not enough flavor for me. I've tried them twice on 2 different ships.
Gasp. Have you tried the porcini sacchetti? They are kind of similar but maybe even better. I think they are on one of the secondary menus on 7 nights.

Gasp. Have you tried the porcini sacchetti? They are kind of similar but maybe even better. I think they are on one of the secondary menus on 7 nights.
I love the portobello triangoli pasta on the Prince and Princess menu. I enjoy pastas filled with fun stuff vs just cheese. Love butternut squash ravioli when I find it at a restaurant!

Looks like the porcini sachetti are on the til we meet again menu. No idea if I've had them or not. I'll have to get them next time

This is a great one for me! Love the pasta pursettes, terryaki beef, and even the pennette is pretty good. Im not usually a fan of the breads and dips we get but AP's is good too.

Caesar salad. Mashed potatoes, sticky date pudding. Then pizza and soft serve, maybe fries during late night funnel vision movie. Or, sure, Room Service. This menu and Pirate Menu are my least favorites.

I used to do pursettes (actually too rich for me) and tenderloin, but beef on our Magic sailing this month was routinely tough or cold. Unless you go for the other option -Palo. And first night Palo allows you to book two - and is just easier to get a spot.

I still enjoy my cruise even if I have grown tired if the MDR menus. I probably enjoy Cabanas buffet more now than I used to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter