What is going on with the trams?

Sorry but on May 10th you mentioned trams to that they would be back by the end of2022

But they are not. If your business isn't fluid, it is going to fail. For some reason or reasons they are not running all of the trams, only some. Best guesses are a combo of not wanting to fund them and not being able to fund them.

Maybe Florida is different, but you cannot drive down a street in Michigan without seeing a Help Wanted sign up outside a business. Many many places are still short of help and many are not back to the hours they had before covid.

Last edited:
December 2021 they announced that the trams would be returning to MK by the end of that month (and they did) and returning to the other parks throughout 2022 . AK saw their trams return in May of 2022 . It has been almost 14 months since then and EP and HS still do not have their trams running . And they have not said a word about them either . Why ? They have managed to reopen many other things that had been closed since the pandemic closures over the course of that time . From the ASSp resort to the BBB and many other things that they made no statement about when they would reopen . It is fair to be skeptical to their reasoning for not having these services back...and just to complain that they have still not returned . It's over a year and a half ago now that they said they would be back soon .

December 2021 they announced that the trams would be returning to MK by the end of that month (and they did) and returning to the other parks throughout 2022 . AK saw their trams return in May of 2022 . It has been almost 14 months since then and EP and HS still do not have their trams running . And they have not said a word about them either . Why ? They have managed to reopen many other things that had been closed since the pandemic closures over the course of that time . From the ASSp resort to the BBB and many other things that they made no statement about when they would reopen . It is fair to be skeptical to their reasoning for not having these services back...and just to complain that they have still not returned . It's over a year and a half ago now that they said they would be back soon .
Things change. They also announced a Mary Poppins themed attraction, Refections (DVC), and quite a few other things that did not happen. Time to move on.

These trams are important to many people who have medical/physical issues . So it is important that Disney does what they need to do to get them back in service ASAP . I will continue to complain directly to them (as I already have) and try to recruit others who feel as I do to do the same . If you don't agree with me that's fine , I respect your opinion even if I don't agree with it . I hope that you will show me the same respect as well .

Correct me if I have some dates mixed up. Trams were shut down in spring of 2019 for COVID distancing and all.
COVID-19 didn't start until Spring 2020. WDW shut down in Spring of 2020 and the trams did not return when WDW reopened later in 2020.

These trams are important to many people who have medical/physical issues . So it is important that Disney does what they need to do to get them back in service ASAP . I will continue to complain directly to them (as I already have) and try to recruit others who feel as I do to do the same . If you don't agree with me that's fine , I respect your opinion even if I don't agree with it . I hope that you will show me the same respect as well .

I use a scooter at the parks. I actually have one delivered to whichever resort I stay at. It is easy enough to avoid having to walk from the parking lots by doing the same. I know at least one service rents scooters that you can take apart and transport in your own vehicle. Or you could use a Minnie Van, and they are ones that take scooters too. Even more simply, use Disney transportation that will drop you off right at the park.

All I'm trying to do is point out there are many ways to avoid the hike from the parking lot. Which is probably at least part of the reason they are not in a hurry. People with medical issues (like me) can avoid the walks from the parking lot, with some planning.

I use a scooter at the parks. I actually have one delivered to whichever resort I stay at. It is easy enough to avoid having to walk from the parking lots by doing the same. I know at least one service rents scooters that you can take apart and transport in your own vehicle. Or you could use a Minnie Van, and they are ones that take scooters too. Even more simply, use Disney transportation that will drop you off right at the park.

All I'm trying to do is point out there are many ways to avoid the hike from the parking lot. Which is probably at least part of the reason they are not in a hurry. People with medical issues (like me) can avoid the walks from the parking lot, with some planning.
I've also seen the attendants in the parking lots allow a driver to drop off a person with disabilities or problems with walking close to the park entrance. Then the driver parks and meets up with the person. There is also handicap parking at all parks if a person has a placard for their vehicle, and loaner wheelchairs to get a person to the location of the ECV rentals. The wheelchairs have a tall "pole" attached to them so they are not mistaken or used as a regular wheelchair in the parks. A parking attendant can radio a cargo van to bring one of the WC's to a specific row in the lot if needed. Same at park exit, when the ECV is returned, you can request a courtesy WC to use to get to the parking lot which will then be picked up by same cargo van at the end of the night.

There is no excuse to not have the trams back in service for many reasons. Why leave them just sitting on the parking lot in view to add to the insult. We’re not asking them to purchase new trams … we have probably paid for these trams with many past visits factored into the price.
Unless Disney just can’t afford to replace the tires that have glued to the ground in the heated parking lot surface. Maybe that is the reason.

Or maybe they are still trying to fill other positions first. Most people walk miles in the parks. Walking from the parking lot to the park is just a drop in the bucket compared to the rest of the day.

Disney is still trying to figure out a cost per person to charge when they bring all the trams back.
I figure $2 a head round trip.

This may have been already posted, but I read yesterday that one of the EPCOT tram lanes was repainted as a walkway.

This may have been already posted, but I read yesterday that one of the EPCOT tram lanes was repainted as a walkway.

I saw that too.

I want to add that I too hate that the trams are not back at all of the parks. It does change how I do the parks. It is beyond annoying. But I also get that it may not be as easy as just opening them up. I'm guessing for scheduling they would need around 100 people if not more. And none of us here who don't work for the theme parks know if the positions in the parks are all filled the way they would like, or if they still want cast members. Again just guessing but I think the trams, which are not necessary to have, come after that.

I can tell you, I won't be renting a car and driving to all the parks until the trams are all running. Just like I'm currently only staying at a skyliner resort, or at a boardwalk area resort, until the front of Epcot is not a massive construction area.

There are ways around using a tram. Can it be a huge bother? Yes. Are there ways to do the parks avoiding the trams? Yes.

I don't believe the above is correct - I was there every day last week and visited 3 parks each day and 4 parks on a couple days, and every time I was at MK or AK (morning, afternoon, or evening) there were two trams running where one would be moving and the other loading or holding until the next one pulled up.

I wish they'd start back up for EP or HS but spending all day going back and forth in the heat and humidity probably isn't at the top of the wish list for any CMs.

On a side note I rode in the last car of the tram one day and the CM on the back got done with her "no more loading, please stay behind the yellow line, no more loading please" statement and as we started moving I asked her "do you ever have people that try to jump onto the tram after it's moving?" and she replied "every. single. day." -- sounds like a job that someone would tire of very quickly.
About 12 years ago, I was living in Florida and worked in the Magic Kingdom parking lot. It was brutal during the summer and even though I got a great tan and lost a ton of weight, it's a thankless job and I wouldn't suggest it to anyone. As far as the trams go, there could be a ton of reasons why one was down but usually it's mechanical. Those damn things broke down constantly. And we saw all manner of nonsense from people jumping on after we moved to people jumping off while moving to people changing clothes (usually Brazilians) in the middle of the lot and leaving nothing to the imagination. It is really the Wild West of WDW.

WDW has had more than 2 years to fill the jobs it cannot be that hard, and as far a EVC 's we stay off site so a outside company dose not work for us. I just want to know what the big secret about bring back the trams is!!
You are never going to know the big secret. Disney ain't talking

If you don't think jobs are hard to get filled, you ain't been paying attention.
We still can't get enough employees at my company, even with offering referral and hiring bonuses.

What some people are forgetting is that Disney promised all the parks trams would be back by the end of 2022 . And it's not even like they got one of the parks without service up and running by that time frame , or even now 6 months past their deadline . Have they given an update ? Have they apologized ? No...nothing
Promised? Just exactly how did they word this promise and what is the repercussions if they broke the promise?
I know they announced they are coming back but I didn't see the word promise in that announcement.

Personally, I doubt they'll come back at this point. People are attending without them. What reason do they have (other than some type of promise you found)

Maybe park at a park that does have them and then take the bus from park to park to the park that doesn't have them? I've always paid to upgrade to preferred parking to avoid using the tram anyway. I hate standing in yet another line

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter