What is a hard movie for you to watch

Many listed here of prejudice injustice. On a too close to home for me personally is Glass Castles. In short my dad suffered from PTSD following his return from WWII. A war at home was then fought to that of a recovering alcoholic with 14 years sobriety at the time of his death at 63 years young.

Stay Safe.

The Basketball Diaries

Also the older I get the worse I am about heights, so any movie where there's a lot of looking down from, hanging off of, or climbing tall buildings or cliffs, no thanks.

What Dreams May Come

ugly, ugly cried my way through it. Now, there’s an extra layer of sad, because of Robin Williams.

This is one of my favorite movies. Although there are many sad parts to the movie, overall it feels very uplifting to me. I love the concept that we get to experience the afterlife in any way we like, even down to choosing how we present ourselves to others.

I also watch Titanic frequently. I have studied the Titanic for more than 40 years, so I know what happened, and how bad it was for them. I was prepared for the break-up of the ship and the people freezing to death. I enjoy seeing the beautiful ship before it sinks. Sometimes I only watch it up to the point of hitting the iceberg.

I don’t have any I won’t watch a second time, but Steel Magnolias is probably the biggest tearjerker movie for me. All I have to hear is the beautiful opening music and the tears come. Add in Sally Fields speech after the funeral, and I am ugly crying. But it also has a hopeful ending that makes it all worthwhile.

I don’t watch any horror movies, and very few sci-fi movies, because they don’t interest me.

Movies I’ve only watched ONCE & can never watch again -

Black Hawk Down
Braveheart
Marley & Me
Requiem for a Dream
Saving Private Ryan
Schindler’s List
We Were Soldiers

Movies I’ve heard about & know I never want to watch -

Boy in the Striped Pajamas
Sophie’s Choice

Regarding Titanic - At the time it was released in theaters, my husband & I went to see it. While it was still showing in theaters, my grandmother died. The night after she died, my parents & my uncle & his family gathered at my grandparents’ house w/ my grandfather to look through pictures & things. For a variety of reasons, I just couldn’t do it (& regret it now), so, instead, my husband took me to the theater to see Titanic again. And it just hit me in a totally different way. Old Rose reminded me so much of my grandmother. I sat in the movie theater & just sobbed. And, now every time I see the movie, all my feelings for my grandmother are mixed up w/ the movie.

My son's wife's parents grew up in Krakow. Grandma and aunt still live there. My son proposed to DIL just south of Krakow several years ago (are now married) so that whole area is very special differently now to me which I love. :love:

Son has been there 4 times and has yet to go to Auschwitz.

We have family that live about 45 minutes away from Krakow and we stayed in the city during our trip. There is no way that I can go and visit the camps. My great uncle and great grandfather were sent there(we are not Jewish). My grandmother would tell us stories that where horrific. My grandpa would not even talk about that time.

Apt Pupil and Devil's Advocate. Both were one and done for me, pure evil and I had nightmares for at least a week. We actually own both as my hubby loves them. They are in a sort of "sh*&** only honey will watch" on our DVD menu. He can only watch them when I'm not home.

Pay It Forward--the ending of this movie is just devastating

I won't watch anything with scenes of torture . . . or a lot of spiders

My first thought, too. Watched it once--good movie--would never watch it again.

I'm having a hard time watching Hillbilly Elegy on Netflix. Read the book--it was very good, but there's a lot of pain in there. Not sure I want to go through it again with the movie version.
I just saw an interview with Amy Adams about Hillbilly Elegy and thought about watching it. I’ll have to do some more research first, thanks for the heads-up.

Requiem for a Dream was deeply saddening. It’s one of those movies that just keep spiraling downward with no hope for redemption. I remember wishing I could erase it from my brain.

Glad I saw but would never watch again:

Schindler's List
Braveheart
Gladiator
Saving Private Ryan

Wish that I had never watched:

Pulp Fiction (found it just crude and violent)
Hope Floats (Alzheimer's and overall found it very depressing)

Would never watch:

Sophie's Choice (even thinking about the plot makes me feel ill)

Wish that I had never watched:

Pulp Fiction (found it just crude and violent)
Hope Floats (Alzheimer's and overall found it very depressing)

there is Pulp Fiction Christmas commercial....just when you thought 2020 was bad...someone thinks it is a good idea to bring back pulp fiction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter