What if I'm not happy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem is some people just dont want to tip the 18%. If I were a manager it would have to be a real grievance to allow a reduction on a party of 8. I think you should just plan on paying it and don't look at this with such negativity. Most waiters work really hard. Personally I dont tip under 20% so I think the 18% is a good deal. Good luck.

well at least with 4 adults you will ahve someone else to share the tip bill with?

surely you arent eating at kona every night, im sure you wouldnt be spending 300 on every single meal, right?
we dont eat there, simply because we dont wish to spend that much.

well, since you're the expert you tell me what I'm going to spend at

The Wave
Chef Mickey's
Kona's
The hoop
Canada's - at Epcot
Liberty Tree Traven

No, we're not splitting the check with anyone... We go to Disney 2x's a year and I know what we'll be spending.

Problem is some people just dont want to tip the 18%. If I were a manager it would have to be a real grievance to allow a reduction on a party of 8. I think you should just plan on paying it and don't look at this with such negativity. Most waiters work really hard. Personally I dont tip under 20% so I think the 18% is a good deal. Good luck.

Really- is that my problem? I just don't want to pay the 18%? Don't put words or thoughts into my question. I've been to disney enough times to know that you don't always receive the best of service, reguardless of how 'hard' they work- sometimes you receive awesome service, other times it's lacking. For those times, I don't feel like dropping $50 - $60 in tip. Tips are JUST that - a tip, it's not a requirment.

I asked a question about WHAT IF I'm not happy? It's been answered...speak to the manager.

Thank you for those who answered directly - I didn't realize that I was going to be --- never mind.

Manger first, than probably will have to pay the whole thing no matter what, but you might get something extra or taken off the check .......hummmmmm

The Wave
Chef Mickey's
Kona's
The hoop
Canada's - at Epcot
Liberty Tree Traven

No, we're not splitting the check with anyone... We go to Disney 2x's a year and I know what we'll be spending.
I think $300 a night seems about right, CM and LTT are probably around $250. I'm assuming these are all dinners. I ate at Kona and Le Cellier last year with my mom, and I know our total was over $100 for appetizers, entrees, and desserts, and tax and the 18% tip, and that was just for the two of us.

OP, are you on the regular or deluxe plan, because the regular plan no longer includes appetizers, so that may lower your dinner costs by at least $50 or so a night.

By Hoop do you mean the Hoop Dee Doo? If so I believe the tip's already included in the cost, so you don't have to worry about it there.

In general we leave 18-20% tip at most restaurants. Last year we had the DDP and our service at many restaurants was the pits. Almost immediately when they found we were on the DDP our service decreased. I am certainly hoping for better service this year, if not we will have some flexibility as to how much tip I leave. Hopefully, it will be better in some of the restaurants that we ate in last year. I'm not afraid to leave less than 18% either, so my tip will definitely be reflective of my service.

Thank you!! That's my feelings- I was just trying to ask a question without getting into the story of how the service has been on DDP- They knew they were getting a hefty tip so 'some' not all would slack off on service. But I wasn't paying the tip from my pocket - so I let things slide...
now that I'll have to pay $50 or more in a tip, I want to be happy with service. NOT asking too much, huh?

I have complained about poor service- as well, praised those who were great!
Disney told me that one reason to remove the tip was because of the service or there of lack of service.

A tip is not a requirement- and like you depending on the service- my tip will reflect it. MORE for those who deserve, less for those who don't.

Really- is that my problem? I just don't want to pay the 18%? Don't put words or thoughts into my question. I've been to disney enough times to know that you don't always receive the best of service, reguardless of how 'hard' they work- sometimes you receive awesome service, other times it's lacking. For those times, I don't feel like dropping $50 - $60 in tip. Tips are JUST that - a tip, it's not a requirment.

I asked a question about WHAT IF I'm not happy? It's been answered...speak to the manager.

Thank you for those who answered directly - I didn't realize that I was going to be --- never mind.

Well, if you opt to go with a large group, the tip is included. It's not unusual for many restaurants to have that requirement.
If you really have some over the top problem, that the server truly can't take care of, talk to the manager. Otherwise, I'd just plan to have a wonderful vacation, including meals. :flower3:

I think $300 a night seems about right, CM and LTT are probably around $250. I'm assuming these are all dinners. I ate at Kona and Le Cellier last year with my mom, and I know our total was over $100 for appetizers, entrees, and desserts, and tax and the 18% tip, and that was just for the two of us.

OP, are you on the regular or deluxe plan, because the regular plan no longer includes appetizers, so that may lower your dinner costs by at least $50 or so a night.

By Hoop do you mean the Hoop Dee Doo? If so I believe the tip's already included in the cost, so you don't have to worry about it there.

I'm on the regular plan- I realize the appetizer is now gone, so yeah the bill will be less then normal for just the 6 of us, but I'm taking my nephew and his girlfriend- so that'll more than make up for it. ;)

And to see what you paid on just 2 people, imagine 8 adults~ YIKES!!

. Otherwise, I'd just plan to have a wonderful vacation, including meals. :flower3:

Will do, planning on it, can't wait... we normally go 2 or 3 times a year, but this year we had to take off one trip because our sons hockey costs soooo much-

The Wave
Chef Mickey's
Kona's
The hoop
Canada's - at Epcot
Liberty Tree Traven

chef mickeys is about 30 a meal and that inclides dessert and appetizers. so thats 240 with a $43.20 tip (although i didnt add tax, so figure a $45 tip.)
liberty tree is 28 so thats $224. tip of $40
the hoop dee doo, tip is included
konas is expensive
ive never heard od Canadas...do you mean le cellier? :confused3
ive never eaten at the wave.

so yes dont worry your tips wont be $60 every night unless you are a very generous tipper.

And with less than 6 people - what if you don't have or want to leave cash for the tip, but instead want to charge it to your room or credit card. Do you tell the server how much of a tip you want to leave and then they charge it to your card or room?

I don't know about the dining plan part of your question but I can answer this one.

After your meal, the bill will be presented to you on a tray. You put whatever method of payment you want to use in that tray (after verifying the bill).

If you use cash for everything, put the meal and tip in case in the tray. The server will ask if you need change. If you don't, they just take it. If you do, they will only take the price of your meal in cash. You would then leave whatever tip you want in the tray and leave.

If you use the room card and want to put everything on that, put that in the tray. You will get a your card and a receipt back that will have a blank tip line on it for you to fill in the amount and total it.

If you only want to charge the meal to your room card and the tip in cash, repeat as above but leave the tip line blank and put the tip cash in the tray.

I don't know about the dining plan part of your question but I can answer this one.

After your meal, the bill will be presented to you on a tray. You put whatever method of payment you want to use in that tray (after verifying the bill).

If you use cash for everything, put the meal and tip in case in the tray. The server will ask if you need change. If you don't, they just take it. If you do, they will only take the price of your meal in cash. You would then leave whatever tip you want in the tray and leave.

If you use the room card and want to put everything on that, put that in the tray. You will get a your card and a receipt back that will have a blank tip line on it for you to fill in the amount and total it.

If you only want to charge the meal to your room card and the tip in cash, repeat as above but leave the tip line blank and put the tip cash in the tray.

Don't ever leave your tip line blank... you can draw a line through it, or, like I do, put "cash".

Also... we ate at 2 places this year, Jiko's and Ohana's, that gave us terrible service! It was tolerable at Jiko's and I didn't ask for the manager, but I did cross out the 18% and 20% tips and wrote in my own, which fell below 15%. It's so rare for me to leave below 18% for just average service. At Ohana's, I left about 12% and did ask for the manager (I should have during the meal). I explained the problem and he was very nice, he apologized and asked if he could do anything to compensate. I told him I just wanted to bring it to his attention, and that the many times we'd been there in the past we were very happy.

I, personally, harldly ever leave less than 15% for even below average service. If it's that bad I will usually ask for the manager. 18% - 20% is for average service... if it's very good service (above and beyond), it's higher.

Here is a link to the Tipping thread on the Restaurant Board. Please read the policy for the read and direct any tipping questions to that post

thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter