What I witnessed at Flame Tree today...

My guess is that even IF a CM were informed of what was happening they would have done NOTHING about it--

Is it true that CM are not allowed to correct this kind of behavior? They have to be tolerant of everyone to a point? Because in the past I have told a CM about some (whatever bad behavior) that people were doing and I think ? they told me they can't say anything. Maybe I dreamed this?:confused3

Um, no, they were not European.

DH and I did debate about saying something, but honestly I could not come up with a way to say it that was not rude in response. I know I would have been snippy and then I would not have liked myself.

I have been super naive about cleanliness (or lack thereof!) in the parks. This was an eye opener. I would say that next time I will arm myself with antibotic wipes, but honestly there will not be a next time for us. After 12+ trips, WDW has lost its magic for us in a number of ways (I could list them but it really isn't germaine to this thread, and this incident isn't part of that reason, although I will state that general rude and selfish behavior did cast a cloud over this trip for us) and we no longer view WDW as having the value it once did for us. We love to travel, and will continue to do so, but Disney just isn't going to be getting our vacation dollars anymore.

That's pretty gross. The cast members would have to confront guests every second of every day, if it were allowed. I imagine the situation has to be pretty bad for them to intervene. Disney should make an exception for changing diapers in the dining area, though.

That is something that I see often enough, along with parents letting toddlers stand on benches and counters in fast food places and also letting diapered children sit on tables and counters. But man you better not say anything, no one is going to tell them what they should do and not do. It's like they themselves were raised in a barn and just don't know any better.

Ewwwww! :eek:

I will definately be packing the sanitizing wipes in May - thats just gross!!!

OMG!!!! That is disgusting. I probably would have said that loud enough for them to hear. Where are the manners???
29 trips to Disney World and counting...next stop POFQ March 2014

this kind of behavior is why nasty noroviruses and superflus run rampant at disney.

as somebody who both contracted a norovirus at disney AND has a small baby, i'm grossed out.

i nyc sometimes public restrooms can be rare and public restrooms with baby changing accommodations even more rare so i've been forced to improvise on occasion and change my baby in a less than ideal location....but i would never DREAM of doing so on a table in a restaurant or any other surface that might come in contact with food. ugh. in a place like disney that caters to people with small children, there is no excuse for a baby being changed anywhere out in the open.

I am not a fan of changing stations in restrooms (some are just really nasty and I know others have nasty people using them.) With that said, after 3 children in diapers I have become a pro at changing a diaper in the stroller :)

I am not a fan of changing stations in restrooms (some are just really nasty and I know others have nasty people using them.) With that said, after 3 children in diapers I have become a pro at changing a diaper in the stroller :)

I changed my baby at tons of different restrooms at the parks and they were all very clean. All the park bathrooms have the nice counter level changing areas (not the crappy plastic things that drop down from the wall.) I highly doubt concern about the cleanliness off the changing station in the restroom was the reason for changing the baby on the table.

I always carry Clorox sanitizing wipes in my backpack, wipe down tables and make everyone wash their hands before eating. And do not touch anything after you wash your hands.

I also carry hand sanitizer with me.

So gross what people do.

I never took my babies to Disney the youngest was 4 before our first trip ( I wish I had taken them) but I use to do the same thing. Some of the changing stations I encountered were disgusting and little ones like to touch everything. I would use the bathroom to do so or I would change them in the back of our van in warmer months.

I wish I could say I'm shocked someone would do this, but I used to be a waitress and saw this all of the time. People are disgusting! :sad2:

Was in WDW last week and was annoyed at the behavior of quite a few. Seemed like several felt they were "special". Was it "rude" week?

WOW!! When I saw this thread title, I said it can't be worse than what we saw at Pecos Bill. Then I saw you had the same misfortune as us. The lady next to the table told her that was gross. the lady changing the diaper said "what, do you want to hear my kid cry?" Um, there is a bathroom not more than 40 feet away that you could have taken your kid too. Sorry to all parents on here, but I have to tell you...the world does not revolve around your children. And oh, pay attention to where you are pushing your damn strollers. I swear, if I had a dollar for every time last week I almost got ran over by some parent not paying attention, I would retire.

My kids are old enough to drive but I pushed strollers through the parks for years and my arms would ache. Not from pushing but from yanking them to a stop. Those double strollers do not come with air brakes. Dozens of people have stepped in front of me especially common at the AK as the sidewalks meander. Of course there was always someone once a day to come to a full stop right in front of me to look at a map. I always calmly said "Careful" as someone glared at me because THEY weren't paying attention.::yes::

In all my years I only once saw what I would consider a gross bathroom at WDW. There was monsoon rain going on and the bathrooms at Epcot were packed with wet dripping poncho covered people and those floors were just puddles as were the stalls.

While not nearly as nasty as the original poster's story this one was somewhat amusing and horrifying at the same time.

We were having lunch last September at the Electric Umbrella in Epcot sitting in the upstairs sitting area which is great for people watching but I never thought this good. What sounded like an Australian family (parents, grandparents, grandchildren) settled in right across from us to enjoy their lunch. One of the grandchildren, probably a four year old boy was having the time of his life walking around with his Crush plush turtle making it look like Crush is swimming along quite convincingly. Crush is "swimming" along the handrails up to the second level, across tables and next up crush swims up one side of the garbage can down the other. Next up crush swims over to mom and we are horrified at what we see happen next. The boy swims Crush up mom's arm up the side of her head, over the top and down the other side for good measure. It was one of those check please moments. Sure the food there might not be memorable but entertainment surely is.

Oh my, I thought you were going to say that the mother put Crush in her mouth, not that I'm not grossed out by what the little boy actually did, but I really thought there was going to be a different outcome.

We too have witnessed some pretty gross things in WDW, and I too am very glad that I make sure that I have a couple packs of baby wipes in our backpack so I can wipe down the table and chairs, and our hands before sitting. Once we saw a kid licking the railing to a queue, in an attraction, while the parents were talking to him, but the grossed part was that they didn't tell him to stop :sick:. My older DD was so grossed out by that little boy that she said that she was tempted to give him a baby wipe so he could wipe the railing down first :rotfl:. I am so glad my OCD for things like this has rubbed off on her :goodvibes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter