What has been YOUR experience with all these dessert parties??

CampbellzSoup

Son. Husband. Father.
Just wondering as every time you turn around there a new desert party!?

Have you ever had a amazing experience?

Felt that you got your money's worth?

Anything there that was to die for in terms of taste/drunk?

Or were you disappointed...?

Share here as the holiday one has me thinking

I did the star wars desert party when it first came out and it was nice. Deserts were better than I expected. They had a giveaway (that I think they still do, the chewy head cup). It was a nice variety if you didn't want all sweets with some cheese and veggie stuff there. Basically I was buying a snack with a good place to stand for the show. We didnt' partake in any of the alcoholic drinks that were offered (I think mk doesn't do this part). This was opening night for the fireworks so I wanted a nice spot and not sit around forever to see them.

I also did the disunplugged megameet one which was similar in epcot. that was nice but it was more a social with other disboards and disunplugged fans than a desert party for me.

If it was a special occasion, the dis did one during their meets or I wanted to buy a seat I would do it again. I would not do one during a hard ticket event and take away from that event in both time and more cost.

I did one in DL - so not sure if that counts, but I will still weigh in! We did the WOC dessert party and absolutely loved it! We felt like VIP the whole time, and enjoyed all the treats - we had cheese, bread and dessert items like cookies and cupcakes. Would do it again in a heartbeat! I am really wanting to do the new HS one, but we don't arrive until 12/11 so we are waiting and hoping more dates get released soon!

We did the Star Wars dessert party in April of 2026. It was the very end of April and I remember the party wasn't added until a week before. It was raining that night so the party was inside. I was really surprised with the food offerings. Equal parts savory and sweet. It was easily my dinner and dessert! We aren't big eater though. They had this 'frozen' Nutella dessert that was really cool. The alcoholic beverages were tasty and just strong enough. The funny thing is - there were maybe 100 people tops there. It was empty! The staff was amazing and upbeat, dancing, etc. however most guests seemed exhausted and were sitting on benches. (It was in the Disney junior live building) There would have been no where to sit if this were outdoors. Only high top tables. Because of the rain HS was empty. We didn't need the dessert party for special viewing, but if it were peak time I could see this as a huge bonus! Instead of waiting around for fireworks to start, you get to eat dessert! They had ponchos for everyone too. We got a souvenir chewy mug. We thought it was 'worth it' because it was something special we did with just our son. My 8 year old thought it was really cool. My husband said he wouldn't do it again, he'd rather try something else. I enjoyed and am glad we tried it. Maybe we'd do a different dessert party next time.

We have been to the Wishes dessert party 3 times. I really enjoyed it. Liked having a place to sit, hang out and eat. Nothing particularly stands out, but I can say we all enjoyed the desserts. "Worth the cost" is subjective. It was worth it to us, but we don't do it everytime.

On our first trip to DLR, I went all out and did all these extras, which in 2012 meant things like the holiday tour, which ended with you having prime seats for the holiday parade along with hot cocoa in a collectible mug and a gingerbread cookie, and the F! dessert thing, which included prime seats and a giant individual tray of desserts, fruit, cheese, and a drink.
We enjoyed the prime seats, ensuring a good view for my small children, and having a snack while waiting for the show to start. They did not save us time in waiting because the check-in (and competition for the best seats and to be sure all of us would be seated together) was as early as the wait many would do for nice, unreserved spots.
But when we returned in 2013, I did zero extras.
Since 2012, we have added one family member and another has become a "Disney adult," while Disney has increased prices by large amounts. So we are doing zero dessert parties. I am concerned as much by the reports that for some of these things (but not all) the viewing location is not the best as the prices and the reports of being pressed in cheek to cheek. An excellent view of the proceedings is, for me, Job One for an extra like this, so it was not a hard decision for me.
But sure, if I had the ability and desire to drink a fair amount of alcohol at night in a crowded amusement park while minding small children and/or my family was half the size it is, there might be more thought about it. I totally understand why others enjoy it and why others feel it necessary for some members of their party.

Thanks everyone I dunno me personally how I would get my worth out of it unless I ate like a million goodies lol but the reserved seating no view without a crowd is such a selling point...

We love them did the wishes and illuminations ones last trip and the gf loved how uncrowded it was and that we didnt have to stake out a spot. Just to get an idea of how much we love the parties we're doing 2 illuminations, the SWaGS and the wishes fireworks cruise on our upcoming trip next week. I do always point out that its just the two of us with no kids so that may skew our experiences somewhat.

^Good to hear! We are an adult couple too, no kids, and going to try a dessert party for the first time. That cruise sounds like a blast! Too bad there isn't a time that works out for us on our upcoming trip. But booked a BAM on a perfect day and really looking forward to it. No anxiety wondering if we will find a good spot.

No adult beverages for Wishes, if inside the park, is that correct?

We did the Tomorrowland Terrace dessert party a few years ago before the price increase and didn't think it was worth it even then! Desserts weren't great and we'd never had trouble finding a good place to view the fireworks - just wanted to try something different. However yesterday I booked the Jingle Jam Jingle BAM dessert party for Thanksgiving. I'm willing to give a dessert party another try for a few reasons: the SW dessert party sounds cooler than the Wishes one and I think this will be similar, I love Christmas, am excited to have a new Christmas themed show and I think since we're going Thanksgiving week it'll be crowded so better chance to have a good view with the dessert party, and we go so often I'm always looking for something new I think my boys will enjoy. I agree "worth it" is subjective; even with the SW dessert party while most thought it was very good, there were a few who didn't see a value.

We enjoyed the Illuminations Dessert Party. It was a great variety from around the World Showcase.
My daughter loved the World of Color one because of the seating.

We have done the illuminations and Star Wars dessert parties. We enjoyed both and would considering trying another one except the magic kingdom one. I find that one is pretty high priced.

We did the Illuminations party when it first started and absolutely loved it. The food and drink were great. The viewing spot was good too; however, Illuminations isn't as hard to get a good spot as others. I would do this again. We hated the Wishes Dessert party, March 2015. This was before the current configuration. The food wasn't very good. People were really rude and pushy at the railing, even towards children:confused3 The view wasn't that great. We will never do the Wishes party again. We have done the Star Wars party twice: once with the fireworks only show in March 2016 and with the projection/pyro show in late July 2016. We loved it both times. The food was really good in the first one and actually got even better with the second one. It has the best view of all of the parties IMHO. We will do it again next summer, so that our son can see the projection show. We will pass on the new DHS Xmas show, but mainly because we have a lot of other plans for that adults-only trip between Xmas and NYE. Also, the show looks cute, but I'm not over the moon about it. I think the Illuminations and DHS ones have the best value, because of the view and the alcohol included.

We do it for both the food and the view. We like desserts though.

We did Wishes in Nov '14 our three kids were between the ages of newly 4- and 5-years old. We did the party because we wanted good viewing as it was the first trip we were keeping the kids out late enough to see it. Two kids fell asleep after eating a few bites of desserts. The other stayed awake and was in awe! She had maybe two desserts. DH and I ate but probably not enough to justify the price. BUT, I'm happy we had the viewing area and a place for sleeping kids.

With that being said, our last trip this past April we didn't bother. BUT! I JUST booked the dessert party for the new show at HS in December. This one will have adult beverages and some some apps I believe along with the desserts. And with the show being so very new, I don't want to camp out for good spots an hour+ before. Our kids will be newly 6 & 7-years and will be able to stay away and enjoy it more.

We have done the Halloween Desert party and the SW Desert party. I really purchased these events for DH. He does not like the crowds during parades and fireworks, he is claustrophobic and we have some issues with very rude individuals either pushing us/our children, trying to squeeze into a spot that we have been holding and some foul language used towards other guests because of ramming a stroller into a spot that was not theirs.

I love the fireworks and parades! The best way for us to see them is through a party at MK and DS for DH. I thought the SW Desert party was fantastic as far as the space, the non-crowding issue, the alcoholic drinks and the variety of savory and sweet offerings. I thought the Hallowishes party was worth every penny, we had a great table to sit down at for the fireworks show. The food offerings were very good, it was more crowded, but we had a place to sit with a table.

For us it's all about the space, location and not fighting the crowds!

We did the dessert party at MK and felt that it was absolutely worth the money for that one time. We loved it, enjoyed it, the food and drinks were wonderful, being in a less crowded area (as compared to main street) was awesome, and we got a pretty good view of wishes fireworks. However, we don't feel the need to do it again. Neither the view or the food or drinks are special enough to entice us to pay that much again. Let me say again, though, that for a one time thing it was fabulous and I'm glad we did it. If you have never done it and have the money to spare, I would recommend it!

We did the Star Wars dessert party in Sept. It was a lot of fun and we really enjoyed it. It is expensive, especially for our family of 6, so not sure we would splurge on that one again but none of us had any regrets doing it once. We may try a different one in the future.

We loved the Fantasmic dessert party at DL, reserved seats, I mean specific seats. They bring you the food, to your seat and fetch you drinks. Great view, sitting down! I have done it twice. Also did the Illumanations one at Epcot, less impressed. Nice, but pretty crowded, standing only, nice but eh. Did the MK one years ago, no specific memory of it.

We have the Star Wars one at Studios booked in late October. Cannot wait, I am sure it will be "worth it" for us. DH has not been to WDW since 2010, and this will be nice for us. (I would not normally book it, decided on it this Fall instead of MNSSHP).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter