What else to say to the characters???

craziefortigger

Mouseketeer
This past weekend I got to spend 2 days with my DS5 and Mickey...what a perfect weekend. I remember reading things to say to the characters to get the interaction going, anyone want to share more ways???? I'm hooked and planning my next trip Dec. 1-4th and need more things to say.

I'll start with what I said this past weekend....

1. Ask Minnie if she got a wedding ring yet....told her it's okay because my son said he would marry her

2. Ask Chip and Dale if they are squirrels...they go nuts!

3. Tell Captain Hook....TICK TOCK TICK TOCK!!!

4. Call Chip...Dale and Dale...Chip....very very funny reaction!

5. When you see Cruella.... BARK!!!!

Any other ideas?

If you haven't tried these things....DO IT! My DS5 was totally embarrassed at first but loved it and by the end of the weekend wanted to know what else we were going to say to the characters.

These are hysterical! I'll try some out on our next trip.

I offered Mickey some oj at Chef Mickey's but he made it very clear that mice dislike oj just as much as I do!

That is too funny. If I have the guts, I'll try it next time!

There was a thread like this a while ago and I lost it! Yeah! I would love to hear what everyone says to the characters!

I have done some of the upbove mentioned and then asking where their buddies are, such as asking alladin where is abu, etc., it doesnt get a huge reaction but it is conversation!

Anyone got any good ones for the princesses?

Well, my DD is a 'face' character and I know they love to have special questions asked of them.

Ask Snow White:

--about the Dwarfs...

--what kind of pie she bakes for them,

--what the Dwarfs are doing in the mine etc;

Ask Ariel:

--about Sebastian, Flounder and her Daddy, King Trition.

-- how she gets her 'human legs' for the afternoon parade.

As for what NOT to say or do...

Please don't complain to the characters about your long 'wait time'--it isn't their fault; they try to make each child feel 'special' and sometimes that takes a while.

Please don't yell, scream and curse at them if they get pulled 'off stage' just as it's your turn to talk to them. I know that's incredibly frustrating and disappointing but again, this is beyond the characters control. They have to follow the rules--if they don't they can get in BIG trouble.

If you're a man, please don't talk to the characters about their physical attributes!!!!!!!!!! Don't mention how 'well blessed' they are or discuss bra size!!!!!!!!!This is a BIG problem for both Ariel and Jasmine. They don't find it amusing but they are not allowed to be rude to a guest . :mad: :mad: :mad: Also, keep your hands to yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't purposely insult the character or her/his appearance. Don't say she/he is UGLY or FAT!! Yes, it happens!!!!!!! Try to remember the people inside those costumes may portray cartoon characters but they are human beings and they have feelings too!

Don't go near the characters when you're smoking. (Yes, I know smokers should be in special smoking areas but many times people break the rules). Some of the characters have asthma or other pulmonary problems and having smoke blown in their face can be a major problem for them.

The characters --both face and fur--love their jobs and they work very hard . Say THANK YOU!! It 'makes their day' to know they've brought some 'magic' into your life.

Thanks for the tips Mary Jo!

Anyone else?

My DH and I were at Cinderella's castle for dinner and when we came downstairs we saw Cinderella. I said that I always wanted to be Cinderella and she said, "But you are a princess" turning to my DH, "I hope that you treat her as one." I got lots of mileage with that one!

Another time, my DH tried to ask one of the Guides walking with Goofy how the CMs stay cool under the costumes. He felt the question was safe since there were no children around. She looked at him as if he had two heads and said, "What costumes?" He continued, saying that the fur must be really hot and she added, "Oh, I see what you are saying. In the summertime they cut their fur really short." I laughed outloud. She was great!

Denise::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

Hi Maci,
I was thinking about what to say to the princesses, I have a DS5 and unfortunately they are not on his list of must sees/meets

But, how about...

Tell them that You too are a princess, and point out your Prince Charming.
if you daughter says it she can add....my daddy says so

or tell Cinderella that you would gladly be a stepsister and you wouldn't be mean

Comment how much you love their dress, tiara, hair, castle etc....

Tell Snow White to stop eating apples, they really really don't keep the doctor away.

Ask any of them if they got married yet, shake your finger at their Prince if he's there.

Good Luck and have fun!

Back in June of '03 DS 3 1/2 had (and still does have) a major "crush" on "Snow White. He thinks she's just the sweetest thing, and its just not a complete day at the parks unless he hugs her at least once. On this particular day we were at MGM and DS was getting a bit hot and fussy.

As if in cue we see Snow White greeting in the courtyard. We get in line. DS looks up at Snow White with puddles in his big brown eyes and says with so much meaning, "I love you". The biggest warmest smile came over her face and she put a big red kiss right on his cheek. It really made our day. Then to top it all off, later that day at the Stars and Motorcars parade we see Snow White (Irecognized her from earlier in the day) go by on her car. As we were standing on the front row right in the curb, DS starts waving wildly at her and she blows a kiss and waves, looking directly at him.

Snow White really did an outstanding job that day with our little DS. It all was helped along by heartfelt interaction.

I seem to always run into Baloo, and some of the Bears from County Bear Jamboree...

What can I say to stir up some interaction?

Or what about Rafiki???

My favorite - tell Prince John he's the Phony King of England! That always gets a mock battle of some kind.

I was in MGM New Year's day this year, at it was HOT. I waited to give Eeyore a big hug and told him quietly that I hoped he got out of the sun soon - got an extra hug for that!:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

We encountered some villans one trip and DH didn't know who they were (Sir Foulfellow, Gov. Ratcliffe and a lion with a crown). When he said to our kids "who are those bad guys?" Gov. Ratcliffe was very "offened" and did some funny dismissive behaviors, when DS and DD said "Daaaaad, that's Gov. Ratcliffe from Pocohantas" Gov. Ratcliffe bowed to each child and shook hands with them!

At another interaction with Sir Foulfellow (in the BWI lobby) I was explaining to DS what he did in the Pinnocio movie while DS was waiting in line. S.F. must have over heard me so after I took my photo of DS and DD, S. F. took them by their hands and lead them away from me down the hall!:eek: ;) He turned and waved to me, I had to go "stop" him from stealing my kids away. Everyone in the lobby laughed, but a few smaller kids left his line after that!:p

With the character Max, DS told Max he had been trying to meet him the last three trips to WDW, he said "you have no idea how long I've waited to meet you", Max genuinely seemed touched and gave DS lots of hugs, high fives etc...

Lastly, when we saw Mickey and Goofy in their space costumes at MS, DS told them they had the coolest costumes in the whole park and they did some funny Buzz Lightyear type poses and were really friendly.

I think the characters take their cue from guests, they know who is just on a autograph safari, who is shy, who is scared, who really loves a special character etc... All of our best interaction has happened outside of character meals too.

What a great thread. I am also taking notes for our next trip in November.

craziefortigger:
We saw rafiki at goofys kitchen at disney land this summer and I asked him where was his big stick was (you know the one he cares in the movie), and he made a hand gesture, and I said, you left it in your tree? And he shook his head and drew a really great picture of simba on the paper table cloth!!! We tore that off and have it in our photo album!!

Maybe you could thank baloo for teaching us the bear neccessities?? That might get a reaction!

Keep em' coming folks I am loving this thread!

These are great! Keep 'em coming!

::MickeyMo

Great ideas. I definately taking notes.

I saw a relly great thread here one time that had a listing of what characters were where but it wasn't the one at allearsnet.net . Anybody remember seeing that one?

We told Piglet that we saw and loved his "Big Movie". He was shy and put his hand over his mouth like he was embarrassed.

We told Tigger that we like to bounce too.

The princesses really don't need much prompting with kids. They know how to strike up a conversation with them and to make them feel special.

I have a question. I've been taking notes and now know what to say to certain characters to get great, cute reactions from them, but then one character I really like to pose with whenever I go to the MK and locate him is, of course, Buzz Lightyear. :teeth: Now, my question is what should I say to him to get a cute reaction? I realize that the only answers I'll be getting back are silent ones, so what should I bring up to him? I'm just curious, and would really appreciate an answer. Thanks. :teeth: :hyper: :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!