What Does YOUR DCL magnetic door sign look like? Part II

Look what we did for our trip at Christmas 2007 in the Disney Magic, we made prints on regular letter size paper with a small regular inkjet printer EPSON Stylus Photo, and hit back a couple of strips of magnets. This saved me a lot of time and money :cool1:.

Look what was the result:
stateroom_door.jpg

Im trying to make some stuff for my room door aboard the Dream. I was wondering if anyone knows the dimensions of the number plaque on the door. I want to make something that goes around it but want to make sure it's the right size. Any help would be appreciated.

Look what we did for our trip at Christmas 2007 in the Disney Magic, we made prints on regular letter size paper with a small regular inkjet printer EPSON Stylus Photo, and hit back a couple of strips of magnets. This saved me a lot of time and money :cool1:.

Look what was the result:
stateroom_door.jpg
How did you know how big to make the ears that go on top of the round "room number" plaque on the door? (And to go along with this Q, how big ARE those ears?) I'm having trouble getting mine to look right:(.

Thanks for your help! Your door looks amazing :)! I especially <3 the "balloon strings" ;).

Hi everyone.. We just did the MR Wonder cruise last month and this is how we decorated our doors. We had two cabins.. I kinda went a little overboard with my decos while my daughter just did the ears and name tags for her door. Its a little hard to see but the Mickey ears along the sides of my door say our family name "Gonzalez Family"...

P1010035.jpg

P1010036.jpg

Hi everyone.. We just did the MR Wonder cruise last month and this is how we decorated our doors. We had two cabins.. I kinda went a little overboard with my decos while my daughter just did the ears and name tags for her door. Its a little hard to see but the Mickey ears along the sides of my door say our family name "Gonzalez Family"...
LOVE the sparkly ears. How did you do that?

This thread has lots of door ear dis-igns and information about the size of the "number plaque" on the ships! We used several of them on our cruise, and I love the sparkly versions!!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2172891

Happy "Ear"-ing!
Thanks. I've printed ears from that thread for previous cruises. I actually wanted to know how the PP made them sparkly. Wondering if it's glitter, sequins or something else.

I have pics of our door decorations and want to share them with you, but how do I do that?

I've tried copying/pasting, both from my computer and photobucket, but the paste option is grayed out. And I don't see a link here to upload an image ... I do see an option to link to the image, but I didn't want to just provide the link, I wanted to actually add the image to the body of my posts.

If you copy the IMG code from your PhotoBucket picture and just paste that here it should work.

IMG_2321.jpg

Yay, I got it to post :)! The creating was a lot of fun despite a few glitches. There were 2 issues with the HP 4050 AiO. 1, it does NOT like photo paper, no matter what settings I tried. I ended up using magnet strips on the backs of most of the images. 2, the black ink does not fully set or dry; the worst problems were the Pirate name logos our cruisemate made for us, and the fireworks Ears (for the room number plaque on the door). They kept getting scratched or otherwise marred, and didn't look as "new and shiny" after arrival. Not sure how to overcome that for the next time.

To pack them for transport, I used an old Garmin GPS box layering them between sheets of parchment paper, then wedging in crumbled plastic bags for space filler in an effort to prevent them from shifting.

Then, I had a lot of trouble with the Winnie the Pooh Heart Garland. I found this on the Family Fun Magazine's website. I repurposed the ribbon from the flower arrangement dh gave me on our 25th Anniversary trip to DW, which accrued to the romance factor, but for some reason two magnet strips per heart just weren't strong enough; I ended up wedging the tips of the hearts behind stronger magnets on the door for the extra support.

All in all, I'd say the door decorations were a great success. We were the only ones in our end of Deck 2 from the DISboards, and the most decorations on our door (and the only FE, as well). We got compliments and lots of comments from our "neighbors" several times :). Great fun, and can't WAIT for our NEXT cruise!

DSCN3752.jpg

Here is my first attempt at door decorating. This was on the Dream 9.29.11!

Want to subscribe to this thread?: Did you know you do not have to reply to this thread to subscribe to it? On any thread on the DISboards, near the top of the page and just under the advertisement banner and "Page # of #", there's a drop-down option named "Thread Tools". After clicking on this, select "Subscribe to this Thread". :)

Thank you!!!:thumbsup2

Luvndizny:
I LOVE your picture of Lady and the Tramp on the beach...my DH and I will be celebrating 20 years...would you be able to help me to get that picture personalized for our cruise??? Also, love the one of Mickey "looking through the door hole from the cabin" :)

Would appreciate any help...not good with manipulating pictures at all...thanks :)

I have read on multiple threads that many of you are using the paint sample mickey heads...someone was using those on their door for other Disers to sign. Is the whole back covered in a magnet, or just a small magnet? And how is everyone attaching their markers to the door? Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter