What does this likely mean?

cm8

<font color=blue>Half of the time we're rushing ar
I’ve never seen this sign posted in the parks before. Is this something that’s about to take place?

Attachments

• 20D77C54-CB62-4F96-92DC-2DFE8C3EC238.jpeg
    20D77C54-CB62-4F96-92DC-2DFE8C3EC238.jpeg
    60.2 KB · Views: 484
The survey I answered after my May stay alluded to this. I am not surprised if they start limiting the free transportation.

ETA: but do they do park to park busses now? I can't remember!

I’ve never seen this sign posted in the parks before. Is this something that’s about to take place?
This is not new. The sign is there to explain that the park-to-park buses will begin when park hopping begins: at 2 PM (or just before).

The sign explains that CMs will check that you have ticket with Park Hopper privileges. The final item is important: you must enter the park you reserved for the day in order to hop to another park at 2 PM. This has been in place since hopping returned.

The signs first appeared in January 2021.

Those signs started appearing like previous poster said when hopping resumed in January 2021….

It’s mainly to ensure someone isn’t using the internal park to park busses only to get turned away at the gate for not having correct ticket media especially with summer crowds

I will say though that while they say this, I was not checked before boarding transportation any of the times I have done this since they instituted the 2 PM rule. I never noticed if these signs were up though.

Maybe they are going to start cracking down on the people who use the transportation for something to do and have no park pass. In addition, the next crack down in my and others opinion is going to be limiting people at the hotels to those who are staying on property. There are way too many “bloggers” and others who have access to the hotels - no reservation on property .. they should not be allowed

Maybe they are going to start cracking down on the people who use the transportation for something to do and have no park pass. In addition, the next crack down in my and others opinion is going to be limiting people at the hotels to those who are staying on property. There are way too many “bloggers” and others who have access to the hotels - no reservation on property .. they should not be allowed
As a local this would suck as our family prefers spending $$$ on restaurants in the resorts for birthdays, anniversaries, other special occasions vs going to chain restaurants

Agreed - maybe if they did something like some resorts do and provide a discount to the sit down restaurants for paying hotel guests and regular price for others …. They do this up at Dollywood I believe

Disney benefits greatly by allowing vloggers to film all over the parks and resorts. It's free advertising. Not only do they like it, but they actively encourage it by inviting some of them to special events.

As a local this would suck as our family prefers spending $$$ on restaurants in the resorts for birthdays, anniversaries, other special occasions vs going to chain restaurants

They won't ever fully limit it. The tricky part has been for awhile that you can't park at a few with out a dining reservation. So some of the hotels are hard already to just park at.

This is likely to prevent confusion of people without park hopper tickets getting on the MK bus at Animal Kingdom and then finding out when they get there they can't get in.

Most of the readers on here know you can't do that, but some guests may not.

I'm kind of surprised they are offering this service at all, but it is a way promote to park hoppers.

Last edited:
This is just to emphasize how much it sucks that park hopping doesn’t start until 2PM.

”You know that thing that you paid for? That thing where you use to be able to go wherever you wanted, whenever you wanted during the day? Yeah, well that’s gone. Not the paying part! No, no, you still pay but now you get less for all that money you spent. That’s how we do things now, so make sure you know all the new rules. Have a magical day!”

They won't ever fully limit it. The tricky part has been for awhile that you can't park at a few with out a dining reservation. So some of the hotels are hard already to just park at.
Seems they are starting … wife’s friend who is an annnual passholder was staying off property and made a mobile order at yacht club quick takeout and was told they could not enter since they are not staying on property … the guard said he would make a one time exception but essentially property wide they are starting this new rule…. I guess it will depend on who you get at the guard gate. He also said that they have an ongoing problem where someone does a mobile order for a water and then proceeds to park all day and go into Epcot

Seems they are starting … wife’s friend who is an annnual passholder was staying off property and made a mobile order at yacht club quick takeout and was told they could not enter since they are not staying on property … the guard said he would make a one time exception but essentially property wide they are starting this new rule…. I guess it will depend on who you get at the guard gate. He also said that they have an ongoing problem where someone does a mobile order for a water and then proceeds to park all day and go into Epcot
This is not new for Epcot resorts. I’ve stayed several times at BC and BW since the parks reopened and have been waiting to enter the right gate and many times have witnessed someone at the guard shack arguing with the guard that they have a mobile order and watched them be turned away. They regularly have signs posted that you may not park if you are not staying there or do not have a confirmed dining reservation.

This is not new for Epcot resorts. I’ve stayed several times at BC and BW since the parks reopened and have been waiting to enter the right gate and many times have witnessed someone at the guard shack arguing with the guard that they have a mobile order and watched them be turned away. They regularly have signs posted that you may not park if you are not staying there or do not have a confirmed dining reservation.

Sounds like they shouldn't take mobile orders from phones that are not in the geofence. Should be an easy fix for most IT departments.

Quick service don't count to park at. Has to be an actual dining reservation.

Yes that is a tik tik trend unfortunately (the one I hear is order a coffee at contempo cafe)

Technically as it is now you need to have a hotel or SIT DOWN dining reservation to park at resorts otherwise you may visit and look around by using internal transportation

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter