What does Fondant taste like?

Feralpeg

Living and Loving Windermere!
I've watched several shows where hey use fondant to decorate cakes. It is so cool. Kind of like modeling clay for cakes. Do you eat it? Does it taste good or do you just toss it and eat the cake underneath?

It depends on what brand you use or what you add to it. Fondant is basically a sugar product. Wilton makes a readily available brand that does not taste very well. Satin Ice and Pettinice have a good flavor. You can also make it out of melted marshamallows and powdered sugar and it tastes pretty good. Another option is to add in white chocolate or flavorings to achieve different tastes.

There is generally a layer of buttercream icing between the fondant and the cake. In my experience, most of my customers peel off the fondant and eat the cake with bc icing. Some people don't like the flavor or the texture (kind of chewy) or both. Either way, it does make a very smooth and pretty cake! HTH

nicely done fondant tastes like the filling in chocolate covered cream candies like the old penny 'ice cream drops' from the Vermont Country store.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter