What does DVC look like in 2042?

4. There’s a reason why they stopped having everything having a 2042 expiration… they do not want to be in the position of having to sell all these resorts again At once.
More like leaseholds in Florida by law have to have 40 years minimum - This is one of the reasons why CCV is different than BRV and yet VGF 2 is the same.

Disney could not create a 2042 DVC resort now if it wanted to. ( not that it would make any sense to do so)

More like leaseholds in Florida by law have to have 40 years minimum - This is one of the reasons why CCV is different than BRV and yet VGF 2 is the same.

Disney could not create a 2042 DVC resort now if it wanted to. ( not that it would make any sense to do so)
Sure, but even still, they could have kept a number of resorts all on say, 2058 or 2060 for a period of time like the first few resorts. They haven't done that since moving past 2042 expiration.

I don't get many of these replies, honestly. I don't get why Disney would have to sell any resorts. Why can't they just extend or renew or resale these places? Can't Disney do whatever they want?

I don't get many of these replies, honestly. I don't get why Disney would have to sell any resorts. Why can't they just extend or renew or resale these places? Can't Disney do whatever they want?

Yes, Disney can decide to do what they want but it doesn’t make any sense to extend any of the resorts as is.

It would mean keeping the same point charts which, when those were created, the cash price of a deluxe room was a lot less.

So, if they want to keep them DVC, they will be new resorts.

Yes, they can do whatever they want. However, they're not likely to want to extend any of the current condominium associations when they can make a lot more money by letting those associations end per contract, then renovating and remodeling the buildings to bring them up to whatever the standards are for timeshare villas at WDW at the time and then selling points for the new condo associations. They did extend OKW but legally that's a mess, so doubtful they want to repeat it. And they don't have to sell VB or HHI, but speculation is that they will sell them because they don't want to operate timeshare resorts away from their parks anymore.

In essence, the purpose of this thread is to speculate on what DVC will do. No one here knows, and it's quite possible that no one at DVC knows for sure right now, either!

Yes, Disney can decide to do what they want but it doesn’t make any sense to extend any of the resorts as is.

It would mean keeping the same point charts which, when those were created, the cash price of a deluxe room was a lot less.

So, if they want to keep them DVC, they will be new resorts.
Also a true extension would keep the O14 as is, meaning unrestricted amongst themselves. And there is no way they do that.

Extensions are tricky given how land leases work.

Would extending my 2042 contract still make it a resale contract? That is something that I would want to know if offered.

Would extending my 2042 contract still make it a resale contract? That is something that I would want to know if offered.
It would depend on the terms of the extension offer (DVD could make resale owners pay more than direct, for instance) - but I wouldn't spend much time worrying about it, given that the likelihood of an extension of any of the 2042 resorts is pretty much nil. Too much money to be made by letting the 2042 resorts expire, renovate them, and sell as new, with much higher points charts.

It would depend on the terms of the extension offer (DVD could make resale owners pay more than direct, for instance) - but I wouldn't spend much time worrying about it, given that the likelihood of an extension of any of the 2042 resorts is pretty much nil. Too much money to be made by letting the 2042 resorts expire, renovate them, and sell as new, with much higher points charts.
Also, that little issue of the land lease being all or nothing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter