What do you wear when walking around at Disney?

Clarks, Ryka, Vionic, New Balance, Merrell (for the best arch support) or Teva, or an Asics/Brooks if you're looking for an athletic shoe. I usually bring sneakers and flip flops. Love my Clarks to switch out with, but I've got Reefs too, which are also amazingly squishy and have some pretty good arch support. Vionics are great for arch support too. New Balance are a no brainer.

(I work at a shoe store!)

I switch each day I'm at the park, usually. I have New Balance trainers and running shoes. The running shoes are super soft to step in but don't give "support" like I need. So the next day I'll switch to the trainers which are more sturdy underneath. They're also not breathable, so on a hot day they may get a little warm. that said, they're great for water rides...those runners let the water right in and soak my socks.

I'll throw out the unpopular option of athletic type sandals with socks (thin, moisture wicking, with arch support). For me, this unattractive options is the best thing to stay cool, prevent blisters, and works well with water rides because I can go sockless as needed. My favorite sandal is a rafting type sandal and I currently have a pair by Teva and Columbia.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter