What do you wear when walking around at Disney?

joeycosy

Earning My Ears
Hey ladies, me and my family will make a trip to Disney this summer. And was wondering what shoes do you recommend for a full day of exploring?

Last edited:
My adult kids and I are usually in New Balances (sneakers). Break them in prior to your trip.

Some people do wear sandals, but generally really comfortable ones, and they don't work for everyone. I wear running shoes. Whatever shoes you wear, make sure they're broken in, and if possible bring more than one pair of shoes so you can switch off. It helps a lot if you're going for multiple days. Also bring a cheap pair of sandals you don't mind getting wet if you plan on water rides.

I've got a pair of SAS walking shoes I use every day that hold up well. I used to use Fit Flops but comfort varied with style

My biggest recommendation to folks is whatever you do, change footwear every day. You will be on your feet more than you typically are and alternating shoes allows the pressure points that build up to relax a day.

I love comfortable flip flops (like Teva). For some reason they are better at the end of a long day for me than sneakers, maybe because my feet can breathe and because of the soft squishy bottoms so my feet don't hurt.

When the weather is good, I go with FitFlops-the most comfortable flip flop ever. When its not really flip flop weather, I do Toms or a good running shoe.

Don't forget good, wicking, arch supporting socks! We use Smartwool -- no blisters! Bring moleskin, blister bandaids/plasters, body glide, arnica, etc. (Or you can purchase these once you arrive and before your start your park days.) Better safe than sorry. All the walking and standing over a multi day trip at DLR will put more stress than normal on your feet, so it helps to prevent sore spots and blisters, and to treat them asap if you get any. Some people like to soak their feet in epsom salts at the end of each day. I haven't tried this trick yet, but I've heard that it can be very helpful. (There are at least 2 drug stores very close to the parks, should you need first aid supplies during your visit. But hopefully you will not need any!)

Last edited:
I am a sandal wearer.....always, unless something requires closed toes.
DD wears flip flops and athletic shoes.

I have terrible feet and I have a hard time finding something comfortable. When I do, I stick with it.

My biggest recommendation to folks is whatever you do, change footwear every day. You will be on your feet more than you typically are and alternating shoes allows the pressure points that build up to relax a day.

This! No matter how comfy my shoes are, I do much better when I can switch them out. I don't wear sneakers, feet get too hot in socks and not a fan of them. I usually wear chacos or Birkenstocks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter