What do you wear when walking around at Disney?

My biggest recommendation to folks is whatever you do, change footwear every day
I have found this to be important on multiday trips. It's good to have 2 or 3 pairs of comfortable shoes and switch them out.

For one day trips, which is my normal - I wear Vionic sandals. I walked 29K steps in them at Disney once and felt zero pain or strain at all at the end of the day.

Keens! Like a sandal and sneaker in one. They dry quick and are airy, but the toes are protected. I find them so comfortable. I can't imagine wearing open toed sandals or flip flops in parks. I wear grey Newport Keens. The new Rose style look cute. They have lots of colors to choose from.

I also wear my Minnie Mouse Vans with thin no-show socks, except I don't wear them to AK because of KRR.

My kids still wear Crocs and I love how easy they are to wipe dry after Kali River Rapids.

Good flip flops with proper arch support. It's hard to find good flip flops that are cute and not frumpy looking but they're out there. Also a big fan of switching shoes daily.

Flip flops. I have three pairs of UA flips and one has memory-foam padding and are really comfy. If it's cold (but not rainy) I add a pair of toe-socks. I really hate shoes and avoid them as much as possible. If it's wet I wear Merrill's walking shoes.

I alternate between a pair of Sanuk Yoga Sling 2 sandals, which are surprisingly comfortable and a pair of Nikes. I've found switching the shoes I wear every other day really keeps my feet from aching.

I've worn Merrell sandals for my last two WDW trips and got a new pair for my upcoming trip next week. I've also worn them on light hiking trips. They are supportive like a sneaker, but cooler in hot weather. When they are new, I've had to use Moleskin on the back of my ankle to prevent rubbing, but once they are broken it this isn't an issue. I have them in all black, and feel that they look nice enough to wear with some of my casual summer sun dresses. Regular flip flops just aren't supportive enough for me. I did alternate between these sandals and good running shoes during long WDW trips.

I used to swear by a nice worn in pair of running/walking shoes. I try to bring 2 pair and we travel with a small fan, for the white noise. Having two pairs of shoes has allowed us to dry one pair in front of the fan, while we wear the dry pair.

That said, our last trip to WDW was in late July and I found I wore flip flops for most of that trip and they were very comfortable. I'm not a fan of regular Crocs, but they used to make a really nice quality set of flip flops that I liked. They were padded and had good arch support. Unfortunately, they appear to have discontinued those flip-flops, so I'm trying a pair of Sanuk flip flops that my wife swears by for this trip. I'll likely do a combo of the new flip flops and shoes for our upcoming DLR trip.

Ryka's. Yes, my husband teases me about my shoes, but I do not care. They are comfy and keep me going all day.

I love my Ryka's!
IMG_3633.jpg

I wear Teva Tirras the majority of the time.
I'm also breaking in a pair of New Balance Flip Flops to try but I doubt I'll bring them on my next trip since I'll be in the parks all day and don't want to lug around my Teva's just in case.

I also found a pair of Clark Flip Flops that I like - I've been walking in them and they seem supportive. The problem is this pair won't do well in the rain since they have a soft footbed.

I tried Sketchers Flip Flops but they were slippery in the rain so those are now for home only. I learned the hard way how slippery they were - I twisted my ankle when my foot slid around in them at the loading dock of the Post Office in the pouring rain.

I am a flip flop girl in warm weather and tennis shoe girl in cold weather. For our trip in January I wore my skechers tennies the entire time. For our trip in June I will be wearing my favorite Crocs Capri flip flops. I also recently found Reef flips that I really like so I think I will do a day in those as well. I bring my tennies for wearing in the evening. Gives my feet a break from the nubbies on the Crocs.

I like Toms and tennis shoes. Plus a pair of cheap flip-flops for water rides!

I agree, for me the key is to change shoes at least every day. The nice thing about staying onsite is you can run to the hotel and change shoes during the day as well. I've used the Body Glide and Icy Hot to help prevent/help foot pain!

I love my Reef flip flops. I actually wore them more than I had planned on this trip. They are cushiony and are still going strong after a few years. The Curl Surf store at Downtown Disney sell them.

Thanks, but I am looking for the foot gel. I wonder if they meant something else. I love H2O products.

I don't know about this product specifically, but the H2O brand is carried by the DLR hotels. I've seen the products in the gift shops at the GCH and the DLH. They are available at DisneyStore.com, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!