What do YOU want for Christmas?

~~Darci~~

Mouseketeer
It's that time of year again when people are asking for gift ideas. It's so hard to come up with ideas because I know that gift cards aren't what they want to hear and I don't want anyone to spend more than they can afford. I've added small (>10) household items to my wish list but family is asking for more ideas. So, what are you asking for?

I was just saying that I need to update my list. I don't really need much that doesn't cost a small fortune (i.e.: new carpeting, garage door opener, new vehicle) lol! I'd love Disney gift cards, but my brothers won't give gift cards. I may go through Disneystore.com and see what looks fun.

I told dh I wanted a dvd of an old INXS video (Live Baby Live) that I owned on VHS back in the 90's. I was a huge fan until Michael Hutchence died.

Amazon had it for $20 so I ordered it and put it in dh's closet. I did that with 2 sweaters from LL Bean also. He is always stumped as to what to buy but my main gift will be the deposit for a Disney cruise next July. It isn't for me specifically but I enjoy them more than the rest of my family so it's kind of for me mostly. :laughing:
So far I've only bought him the soundtrack to Guardians of the Galaxy on cd. He loves the old 70's music in it. :thumbsup2

Lunch bag - I have a specific insulated lunch bag I want that is tall enough to hold a thermos I use every day, but isn't huge and so it still looks professional.

Snorkel set - for our vacation in Hawaii next summer. The beach in front of our condo has great snorkeling but renting snorkeling equipment always gives me the willies.

Mini food processor/chopper - I'll probably get this at Kohl's Veteran's Day sale, assuming they will have the $10 off $25 coupon PLUS 30% off again this year. I know they will have the $10 off $25 - I got that code in the mail the other day. Hopefully a 30% off code will come out as well.

I got DD16 a Dooney purse that I may also liberate from her present pile and put it into mine - I haven't quite decided yet. She is always shoving her cell phone and money into mine when we go shopping. It irritates me to no end, so I got her a smaller crossbody that is sized more appropriately for just a few items than her other purses are in the hope that she would actually use it. But I REALLY like it and think it would also be great for me when we travel :cool: And tonight she told me she really didn't want another purse - but only because it's so easy for her to put her stuff into mine :headache:

Well, I did want a new cellphone, but my phone unexpectedly died last week. It was a pretty basic Windows smartphone that was not worth paying to fix. And I obviously couldn't wait til Christmas to replace it, so now I have to rethink what I really want. I typically don't ask hubby for much, and tend to lean towards the more practical things.

I have booked 2 weeks at the Fort next summer for me and the kids, so I've been working on updating my camping equipment (newer/lighter/more efficient stuff). Right now I've got my eye on a new collapsible 24 can cooler and lighter-weight air mattresses :)

My eyes are super sensitive to the sun and I really want Maui Jim sunglasses. They are too much money though. Maybe if we hit the power ball tonight! lol
I also want a black band for my Fit Bit and the 2017 version of the Unofficial Guide To Disney. There is some new makeup & cleansers that I keep seeing on QVC that I would like to try too. I haven't really seen anything else yet.

I already bought and told DH he could give me a tunic and a wool sweater that I would like but don't really need either of them. I am also asking for a small clothes steamer, school bag, cheap gold hoops, and some Toms slip on shoes. It would be great to have gc for Starbucks and maybe a home store. Those will probably come from my parents. I don't need much.

I would love a master bath remodel but will need to wait on that.

I already bought and told DH he could give me a tunic and a wool sweater that I would like but don't really need either of them. I am also asking for a small clothes steamer, school bag, cheap gold hoops, and some Toms slip on shoes. It would be great to have gc for Starbucks and maybe a home store. Those will probably come from my parents. I don't need much.

I would love a master bath remodel but will need to wait on that.

For the steamer I don't know if you have one in mind but I read in a magazine that the Joy Mangano one was supposed to be really good:
https://www.hsn.com/products/joy-900-watt-supreme-steam-my-little-steamer-and-bag/7998211

Gift giving just isn't a practical thing or something that works well. We have decent incomes and buy whatever we need/want.

People ask us what we would like for Christmas and we don't want anything. Usually we end up exchanging gift cards that neither or us uses (Is that the most stupid thing on the planet or what?) That is what we do with my husband's sister. // We have gotten out of the gift giving practice with most people. I tend to buy relatives who I am not out of this practice with overpriced fruit from Harry and David (usually pears).

What I'd really like for Christmas is to end this gift giving practice.

I already got my gifts from dh but he likes to get me stuff from the kids too. I'm asking for a Teavana starter kit and some dessert teas, the new NES classic game system and a bunch of pairs of cabin socks.

We keep Amazon Wish Lists throughout the year. We buy what we want for the most part but there's always little odds and ends that I wouldn't mind having but aren't buying for myself like kitchen organization junk. I would never think to put this stuff on just a Christmas list but the running Amazon list actually stays updated. I just remove stuff as I buy it.

OP here! Thanks so much for all the ideas please keep them coming. It looks like a lot of us need ideas!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter