What do you spend for Valentine's Day ?

Nothing this year except heart shaped pizza from a local place. We are waiting on orders to move and buying a house if we get what we want so I'd rather put all money towards that.

Previous years when DH had been deployed over Valentine's he had roses delivered. If he's home, we might go out to dinner with the kids.

I'm not a fan of buying "stuff" just to buy it, even for holidays. This year I got each of the 4 kids a valentines m&ms, ring pop and each a new Star Wars tshirt. We get to catch the last weekend of Star Wars weekend this June, so I thought it would be cute, and cliche at the same time. Total spent? $28. The husband got a Star Wars tshirt too...didn't want him to feel left out, so lets make my total $40.

The kids each got a $7 present that they both were excited about. DH and I spent about $50 on each other. We are getting a take and bake pizza tonight. I love the over the top stuff, but DH does not.

The first Valentine's after we got married I got a diamond and pink sapphire heart necklace. Mainly because the Valentine's the year before is when he decided he wanted to marry me. :lovestruc

But since then, maybe some flowers from Wallyworld. Can't afford high dollar stuff now that we have the kids. ;)

I think this is the first year that my husband listened to me and did not go to Dominicks or Jewel and buy me overpriced flowers and an overpriced card. Instead, in my normal shopping trip to Aldis, I splurged and bought 2 ribeye steaks (this week's Wed meat special). I told him the money we saved by him not buying his usual last minute Valentine's flowers/card, we could have a nice steak dinner, which we haven't had in ages.

I got both kids a little bag of candy. Dh got a card, and the blu-ray of sky fall. I don't know if he's gotten me anything. We're doing pizza and salad, and we're all going to snuggle in together tonight to watch Lady and the Tramp.

I spent:
Kids (for each)
$9.99-12.99 for one small Lego set each
2.99 park vinylmation I bought on clearance at the disney store.com
$2.97 on candy
$3 And split a pack of 6 cards. (Only used 1/2)
Plus the bags to put them in. So a little over $20/each

Then I bought a small cookie cake ($6) for a treat tonight.

For the kids' classes- one box of cards each (2.50) and a bag of heart lollipops each ($3/each)

Dh and I didn't exchange gifts. We rarely do.
Total somewhere around $80

I spent less than $3 total. I buy Valentine's cards w/ candy in the after-holiday 75-90% off sales for the following year. And each of my 2 children got a $1 box of chocolates. DH & I don't buy each other gifts.

My younger two had parties at school so spent about $5 each on cards and candy. I did the games for my middle child's party and spent about $5 on supplies. I got my younger two each a small box of chocolates and my older one who doesn't eat chocolate two small bags of hard candy. I also got each of the 5 of us two scratch off lottery tickets. I add that all up to be $46. We also went out to dinner--we used a gift card and a coupon and my husband handled the bill so I don't know what that came to. We did it spur of the moment and typically don't go out on Valentine's Day. It is really a bigger deal now that we have kids than it was before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter