What do you silently judge people for?

Yes to people who aren't wearing masks (or who aren't wearing masks appropriately).
Yes to grammar. It's just not that hard, and the most outrageous grammar mistake is using the non-existent word ALOT. You don't say you eat apizza, you don't drive acar, and you don't watch amovie. So WHY do people think alot is a word?

Last edited:
Doesn’t change the fact that it is a horrible human trait. Horrible.

Judging was necessary for survival in our early ancestor days. It's still necessary today.

Women, in particular, have to frequently judge men, especially, as to whether or not they pose a danger.

There is nothing horrible about it. It can be petty, sure. But anyone who says they don't judge people is a lying liar.

Another one that I see on Facebook- people who respond to a post and put a period after every word- WHY?
Because. It. Is. So. Impactful.
:rolleyes:
Drives me crazy too.
I definitely judge people who have poor spelling and grammar. I also judge adults who chew with their mouths open, or talk with their mouths full. Those are very basic table manners that many people have not learned. I can’t stand it!

I'm a huge baseball and classical music fan. (I know, weird)
pre-covid I used to go to as many games and concerts as I could. If I was traveling in the US for business , I'd look up AAA, AA, MLB parks nearby to go watch any game, and any local classical music, before even looking at hotels.

Anyway, so at baseball games: ppl who constantly talk to each other, ppl on their cellphones non stop instead of actually watching the game. Drives me nuts. Why did you go to a baseball game if all you do is talk and be on your phone? I love the game so much I think it's incredibly disrespectful to do that. Is why I always buy seats in the least crowded areas in the park even if they're on the bleachers.

At concert halls: ppl coughing, clearing their throats in the middle of the performance.. the musician(s) trained so hard to give a perfect performance only to be bothered by rude coughers. It's an almost spiritual experience to delve into the music and then out of the utter silence... a lung being coughed up...I've seen pianists close up in the first rows and they grimace and cringe in pain when they hear the coughs.
you have cough? aww.. get better soon... but please stay home and away from concert halls for chrissakes. so madenning.

I ignored your other posts but this is interesting to me - do you find some self satisfaction in putting us down for our honesty? If you feel gratification from pointing out your moral superiority - is that not as reprehensible as the behavior you’re calling out?
I think that silently judging people is wrong even for little things.

Because much like feature creep there is judgement creep.

People think it is ok to judge someone for their fashion choices, or their driving style, and before long people are ok with silently judging others based on peoples skin color, religion, sexual orientation, etc, because everyone does it.

Everyone could be so much better if they just took the small step to stop patting themselves on the back because they silently know they are better or know better then someone else.

I judge people for:
  • calling people on speaker phone in the car when somebody else is in the car with them, but they don't tell the person on the other end of the phone that somebody else is listening. Yes, my dear husband, I'm talking about people like you. Knock that off, ok?
  • talking on speaker phone out in public, like in the grocery store. Every time that happens, I'm tempted to walk up to them and say loudly, "Hey Marge! Don't forget the hemorrhoid cream!"
  • standing in line behind me so close at Disneyland or WDW that I can practically hear them breathe. Back up!
  • leaving their clothes on the floor all the time. Yes, DH, I'm talking about you.
  • driving way too slow (like 25 mph in a 45 mph zone).
  • not returning phone calls.
  • being rude to servers & staff in restaurants.
  • being rude or impatient with pretty much anybody in a customer service role.
  • acting like they're some sort of big shot just because they have a Disney AP.
  • leaving the toilet lid up so the cats all drink out of the toilet bowl. Yes, DH, I'm talking about you. :rotfl2:
  • telling me that you're spying on us from your 2nd story window. Yes, Nosy Neighbor, I'm talking about you!
  • letting your rug rats place tag in the grocery store. Yes, Maskless Dude, I'm talking about you.:rotfl2:
  • people who judge others for not returning the grocery cart to the corral.

I think that silently judging people is wrong even for little things.

Because much like feature creep there is judgement creep.

People think it is ok to judge someone for their fashion choices, or their driving style, and before long people are ok with silently judging others based on peoples skin color, religion, sexual orientation, etc, because everyone does it.

Everyone could be so much better if they just took the small step to stop patting themselves on the back because they silently know they are better or know better then someone else.

we are talking choices.
Not inherent qualities.
You are talking about prejudice - quite literally - pre judgement.

Wearing pajamas in public, simply because you couldn't be bothered to get dressed.
Folks walking around with their cell phone on speaker as they engage in random conversations.
Smoking (and I'm a former smoker!)
The worst- the folks driving in oncoming traffic that I can see looking down and using their phones. Scares the hell out of me.
Glad someone else said "smoking". That's my biggest one.
People taking "selfies"
Not as much, but people taking pictures of their food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter