What do you make with boneless, skinless chicken breasts?

Zandy595

DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>The other day I f
I need some new ideas. I usually marinate and grill them, but I'm getting tired of that.

Homemade chicken strips. Cut into slices, dip in melted butter, dredge in bread crumbs, bake at 375 for 25 minutes. Stir fry.

This is all I use now. I'm not fond of dark meat. So I use them to make everything, but I don't think that's your question. Here are some ways I use them whole. (I usually toss them in the crockpot, cook the daylightsout of them, shred & freeze in meal-sized portions.) Oh - and I also will just cook them in a pan with a tablespoon of butter or oil & 1/2 cup of Lea & Perrins White Wine Worcestershire Sauce. That's really good! :teeth:

Almond Chicken with Lemon Sauce
Makes 4 servings
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, halved
½ c cornstarch
2 eggs, beaten
1 c sliced almonds
½ c fresh lemon juice
1 Tbl rice vinegar
1½ Tbl sugar
2 tsp cornstarch
1 Tbl cold water
2 Tbl vegetable oil

Dredge chicken thoroughly in ½ cup cornstarch. Dip each into eggs, then almonds; coat well. Chill until needed.

Dissolve 2 tsp cornstarch in cold water; set aside. Over medium-high heat, combine lemon juice, vinegar, sugar, & dissolved cornstarch (use nonreactive saucepan). Stir constantly, until mixture thickens - about 3 min. Remove from heat & set dipping sauce aside.

Cook chicken in oil over medium heat. Heat oil until hot, add chicken & saute for 5 min each side - until cooked through.

Cut chicken into bite-size pieces. Serve at once, with the lemon dipping sauce.

Chicken Cordon Bleu
4 chicken breasts, boneless
1 c chicken broth
2 prepared pie crust
4 slices boiled ham
4 slices cheese, any variety
Poach chicken in broth until no longer pink. Remove from heat & allow to cool. Lay 1 breast on ½ crust, add cheese & ham. Fold crust around chicken & pinch closed. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes until golden brown.

Chicken Parmesan

1/3 c Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
¼ c grated Parmesan cheese
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
2 large eggs, beaten
2 tsp olive oil
½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
9 oz Linguine
1 jar Marinara Sauce
4 fresh basil sprigs (optional)

PREHEAT oven to 375° F. Lightly grease 8-inch-square (2-quart) baking dish.
COMBINE bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese in shallow dish. Dip chicken in eggs, then cover with bread crumb mixture. Arrange chicken is prepared baking dish. Drizzle with oil.
BAKE for 25 to 30 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink in center. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake for an additional 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
PREPARE pasta according to package directions; drain. Toss pasta with sauce; divide among plates. Top with chicken. Garnish with basil. Serving Size: 4

Cheez-Its Chicken

2 - 3 c Cheez-Its, finely crushed
1 pkg taco seasoning
4 chicken breasts, boneless

Put Cheez-Its in a gallon-sized bag & seal removing as much air as possible. Using a rolling pin or the side of a meat mallet, crush the crackers. Pour crushed crackers into a bowl & add the dry taco seasoning. Mix until seasoning is evenly distributed. Dredge chicken in cracker mixture & place in a microwave safe dish. If there is any cracker mix left, pour it evenly over the chicken in the dish. Cover with plastic wrap & microwave until done.

KANG BOA CHICKEN
Source:Executive Chef Wei Zhong Xin, Nine Dragons at Epcot Center
Yield: 2 servings

¾ lb Chicken breasts, boneless
1 Eggs
1 tsp Cornstarch
2 Tbl Peanut oil
3 Onions, green
1 Tbl Peanut oil
1 Tbl Ginger, chopped
2 ea Garlic cloves, crushed
1 Tbl Sherry
3 Tbl Soy sauce
½ Tbl Sugar
¼ c Stock, chicken
½ Tbl Vinegar, white
1½ Tbl Water
1 c Peanuts

Deep fry peanuts until golden and crunchy.

Cut chicken meat into cubes. Toss with egg and cornstarch; add salt and white pepper to taste. Set
aside to marinate for 30 minutes. Add oil to wok and tilt pan to distribute. When temperature reaches 350, add chicken and stir-fry until 80% tender. Drain. Cut green onions into ½" pieces. Dry wok, add green onions, oil, ginger, and garlic. Stir-fry for 1 minute, then add chicken and stir together. Add sherry, soy sauce, sugar, chicken broth, white vinegar, and cornstarch dissolved in water. Stir in fried peanuts and stir-fry until chicken is fully cooked. Serve immediately with rice.

Five Flavors Chicken - Crock Pot
3 - 4 lb chicken, boneless
2 cloves garlic
½ c honey
1½ tsp ginger, ground
½ c soy sauce
3 Tbl sherry
½ c crushed pineapple with juice (opt)
2 Tbl cornstarch
Mix garlic, honey, ginger, soy & sherry. (Can substitute orange or cranberry juice.) Dip chicken into mixture. Place chicken in crock. Mix pineapple with sauce & pour over chicken. Cook on low for 6 hours. Remove chicken. Blend cornstarch into juice; cook to thicken.

I squeeze a couple of lemons into a bowl and mix with some coriander. Then I cut my chicken into strips and marinade it in the lemon mix, the longer you marinade, the stronger the flavour.

Lots of things. One of our easiest/fastest recipes is to dip the chicken in melted butter then dredge in a 50:50 mixture of Paremsan Cheese and Italian (or plain) breadcrumbs. Bake. Serve with warmed up Apricot jelly/jam, mashed potatoes, and green beans. If we're really in a hurry, I cut the chicken into smaller strips so it will cook even faster.

Another quick recipe with lots of ways to vary it is to boil the chicken in Rotell. (Sometimes I boil the chicken in more of a soup made from Rotell, chicken broth, water, etc.) Once the chicken is done, shred it with 2 forks. It's great eaten on tortilla chips this way. My kids especially like making Quesadilla's with chicken cooked this way.

Make Chicken Cordon Bleu (Chicken stuffed with ham and cheese). There are lots and lots of recipes out there for this. Find one that appeals to you.

Make white chili. Hmmm. I might have to do this tonight.

Chicken casear salad

I use the bagged casear salad mix...grill the chicken with olive oil and some garlic, slice into strips, toss with the salad.

Also, teryaki chicken sandwiches...soak in teryaki sauce, grill, put on buns with pineapple slices...very easy and kids love it

June

my family's favorite is still good ol cornflake chicken!

coat chicken in egg wash
cover with cornflake crumbs
sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic powder
dot with butter
bake
enjoy!

I forgot this one! We tried it recently & it was deemed a real keeper. Our local mall has a place in the food court called Cajun Gourmet that serves Bourbon Chicken. We all really like it! :) While this doesn't taste quite like theirs, it's good nonetheless. BTW - I have no why this is called "bourbon" chicken, since there's no bourbon in it. :confused3

Bourbon Chicken

boneless, skinless chicken breasts
olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
¼ tsp powdered ginger (use fresh if you have it)
¼ c apple juice
2 or 3 Tbsp brown sugar
2 Tbsp ketchup
1 Tbsp cider vinegar
¼ c soy sauce
½ c water
1 Tbsp cornstarch
¼ c water

Brown chicken in oil, remove from skillet, cover, set aside. Add garlic to same skillet and sauté for one minute. Add apple juice, ginger, sugar, ketchup, vinegar, soy sauce and ½ cup water. Wisk together and bring to a low boil. Add chicken and any juices, stir to coat chicken. In a small bowl mix cornstarch and ¼ cup water together. Add mixture to pan and stir until sauce has thickened. Serve over rice.

Play around with the recipe until it suits your taste. If you like a little heat, add some crushed red pepper flakes.

its the only kind I use..I wouldn't know how to cook it with a bone!!!

I fry it mostly...dip in egg then dip in 50/50 bread crumbs and hush puppy mix then fry in a litle bit of oil.

We like this one (sounds weird but good)

Cola Chicken

brown chicken in oil (just a little) on both sides

add garlic, 1 cup of ketchup, 1 can of coke

stir and let simmer for about 30 min.

then I thicken the sauce to add when serving and for my mash potato!!

enjoy!!
Marissa :hippie:

I normally marinate my chicken breasts too! Do you use different marinades - I do. Italian Dressing, Ken's Light Caeser, French Dressing, Honey Mustard etc.

Grilled chicken with Spinach, Garlic and Mushrooms - add a little olive oil and serve over spaghetti/pasta. Very Good - but I still use marinated chicken in it.

Happy Eating!

I used to do that MaryPA. One of our favorite bottled dressings for marinades is Newman's Own original - and also their balsamic! The balsamic is great for steak also. ;)

Now, though, I make my "own" right in the bag when I repackage & freeze them. Someone here a while ago mentioned this as part of Once-A-Month cooking. You put the marinade ingredients right in with the raw chicken breasts - in a gallon-sized Ziplock bag. You take it out the night before & defrost in the refrigerator. They marinate as they defrost. I think some marinating takes place in the freezer too, because I can always tell which bags were just put in as opposed to those in for a month or so. I like those marinades better because there's less oil than in the bottled stuff.

I've posted some of them before, but if anyone is interested I could post again. If you just want to Google the recipes, use the term "DUMP" in the search. (As in dump everything together. ;))

I "do" the freezer bag thing also.

I never tried Newman's. I will put that on my grocery list!

Thanks!!!!!!!

Here are two chicken recipes we like in our house:

CARMELIZED ONION CHICKEN

1 lb. chicken breast tenders
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon olive oil
½ cup sliced onion
½ cup seedless raspberry jam
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
1 teaspoon bottled minced ginger
½ teaspoon dried rosemary

Sprinkle chicken with salt & pepper. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add onion & sauté 2 minutes. Add chicken to pan, sauté 8 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove onion & chicken from pan. Add jam & remaining ingredients to pan, cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly with a whisk. Return chicken mixture to pan, cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.

HONEY MUSTARD CHICKEN

1 20 oz. can crushed pineapple in syrup
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
2 large cloves of garlic
1 teaspoon thyme
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon cornstarch
¼ cup honey
¼ teaspoon Dijon mustard
salt and pepper to taste

Drain pineapple; reserve syrup. Brown chicken in hot oil in nonstick skillet. Add garlic, thyme, salt & pepper. Combine 2 tablespoons of reserved syrup with cornstarch; set aside. Combine honey & mustard; stir into skillet with remaining syrup. Spoon over chicken. Cover, simmer for 15 minutes. Stir cornstarch mixture into pan juices. Add pineapple. Cook, stirring until sauce boils & thickens.

WOW! I wish I had some chicken breasts here to fix one of these awesome recipes! I like just plain ole chicken and rice.
YUM!!! :banana:

D'oh! Forgot to add one of my recipes that is my OH's favourite chicken dish I make.

Chicken Pie

Grill or roast your plain chicken breasts depending on personal preference (I estimate about 1 breast per person per serving), once thoroughly cooked, dice it and remove any bits where the chicken has gone particularly brown and hard (especially if grilled.) Mix up some THICK chicken gravy (I use granuals) and mix the diced chicken cubes into it, leave to cool.

Roll out your shortcrust pastry (I use store bought pastry as I cannot make it for love nor money!!) and line the base of your pie tin with it. Now roll out the other piece of pastry to the right size and roll it onto you rolling pin so you're ready to use it ASAP. Pour the chicken/gravy mix into you pie and quickly roll the pie lid over it (the heat of the chicken mix will shrink the pastry so you need to be quick!) Use a fork around the edges to seal the top and bottom pastry together and cut off any excess around the edges. You can either store the pie in the freezer for use another day (let it cool before you put it in) or use it immediately. Cook at a medium heat just until the pastry is golden (the chicken has already been cooked so it only needs to be heated through thouroughly again.)

Growing up my mom always made potato chip chicken. Just saved all the crumbs from the bottom of the bags ( BBQ, cheddar cheese, sour cream and chive, whatever!) and used them for the coating.

*melt a little butter in pan
*dip chicken in flour, egg wash, then crumbled chip mixture
*small dab of butter on top and bake

This is now my husbands favorite way for chicken.

I use them for just about everything too. I'm having them tonight, stir fried with red bell pepper & broccoli.

Stroganoff - slice breast thinly, dust with paprika powder, fry with onions & mushrooms add a splash of white wine, cream and if you wish mustard.

Stir fry - marinade in soy sauce and garlic, and stir fry with veggies of your choice

Indian Curry - I use a mix! but if I have time & inclination I will make my own tandoori marinade

dare to be different, mince with herbs and make into burgers

Saté - Marinade in light soy sauce/lemon juice and then skewer, grill and serve with peanut sauce (warm peanut butter in milk, add hot sauce to taste)

Cut in strips and use for Fajita's! Marinade in lime & cilantro and the grill...

jjpenguin said:
<snip>

Indian Curry - I use a mix! but if I have time & inclination I will make my own tandoori marinade

<snip>

Yum! My guys love tandoori! Would you share your recipe please?

Also, what else do you serve with the tandoori to make it a meal? I always have a problem deciding what to have with Indian food as it's relatively new to us. Our "regular" sides just seem out of place.

TIA! :teeth:

I use it to make Chicken Casserole, which is one of my favorite dishes.
Here's the recipe:
4 to 5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 1/2 packs Ritz crackers
1 stick butter
1 to 1/2 cans Cream of Chicken soup
Medium or Large container Sour Cream

Boil chicken until done. Let cool, then pull apart. Place in the bottom of a 9x13 casserole dish. Mix sour cream and chicken soup together, and layer on top of chicken. Crush all the Ritz crackers and sprinkle on top of the mixture. Melt the stick of butter and drizzle over the crackers. Put in the oven on 350 for 20-25 minutes or until crackers are golden brown.

I love this...like I said, it's my favorite. The reason that I listed the soup and sour cream like I did is because you can make it however you would like...I like mine creamy, so I use about 2 cans of the soup and a big container of sour cream!

I also use chicken to make homemade Chicken Pot Pie which is also delicious. I can't remember the recipe off the top of my head, but I will post it if anyone would like.

Just made them tonight. Dipped them in Wishbone Italian Salad dressing, then some breadcrumbs and baked for about 45 mins. Yummy and fast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter