What do you give a 21 year old daughter for Christmas?

McManus

Earning My Ears
My daughter lives at home, works & has her own car. The thing is, I'm plum out of ideas what to give my 21 year old daughter for Christmas. I can take the easy way out and get her various gift cards to some of her favorite places or cash but I guess I'm feeling like these choices have no special meaning behind them.

What do you give your 21 year old daughters? Any thoughts?

What is she interested in? Does she need anything special for work, like a really great laptop bag or maybe some stuff for her car? Does she have trouble sleeping? My 22 yr old really wants a weighted blanket which is supposed to help sleep. I am also getting her a gradual light alarm with nature sounds because she is wanting to keep her phone out of her bedroom.

I take my 24 yo DD shopping and let her pick something out. She's like me, doesn't want a gift that she doesn't really want and would be uncomfortable telling me that or returning it.

A trip to Disney World! Or another special thing like a trip to the spa, etc.

Love your thinking! We are going to the World this coming summer!

DD is rather difficult to shop for. She does not wear makeup or jewelry, and she's picky about her clothes. The spa might be a possibility thought, thanks for your suggestions:love:

I take my 24 yo DD shopping and let her pick something out. She's like me, doesn't want a gift that she doesn't really want and would be uncomfortable telling me that or returning it.

This may be the best bet. At least I know she'll love it!

What is she interested in? Does she need anything special for work, like a really great laptop bag or maybe some stuff for her car? Does she have trouble sleeping? My 22 yr old really wants a weighted blanket which is supposed to help sleep. I am also getting her a gradual light alarm with nature sounds because she is wanting to keep her phone out of her bedroom.

DD is an artist. I did get her a few small art supply items she wanted from Amazon which I can couple with an Amazon gift card so she can add to her supplies. She graduated college with a degree in art and is finishing up a 3 year apprenticeship in tattooing but she already has the tools needs.

Thanks so much for your suggestions!

My dd 21 asked for some make up and cash so that is what I am giving her. Normally I would give her things over cash but she wants a tattoo and I can't give her that.
Plus, dh doesn't know she's getting one so giving her cash to let her do what she wants with it keeps me out of trouble :laughing:
I'm filling a stocking for her with some things for her apartment and car.

if she has plans to move out on her own at some point then it's a great opportunity to start gifting small household items. as a young person i asked for this and was one of the only of my contemporaries whose first place wasn't largely furnished via hand me downs and goodwill. dd and ds have gotten gifts from us of nice silicon cooking tool sets (they have such good deals around the holidays), glassware sets (of their favorite anime and such), and the odd small kitchen tools that i can't do without/they frequently use(d) cooking here.

DD is an artist. I did get her a few small art supply items she wanted from Amazon which I can couple with an Amazon gift card so she can add to her supplies. She graduated college with a degree in art and is finishing up a 3 year apprenticeship in tattooing but she already has the tools needs.

kudos to your dd. i had a friend who graduated from art school and then went into tattooing. so many people couldn't understand why until they saw how she was able to make a much more stable and livable income vs. her fellow grads. i'm so glad it gets the appreciation it deserves now.

socks and underwear.. thats what i get from my mom haha
I asked my dd22 what she wanted and she said “socks and u dear wear”. Not sure if she really wants them or if she is mocking me since she gets these every year

You said you're going to Disney with her this summer? How about a Disney gift card and she can pick something out there? Otherwise I would ask her for a xmas list - let her tell you what she would like.

My dd 21 asked for some make up and cash so that is what I am giving her. Normally I would give her things over cash but she wants a tattoo and I can't give her that.
Plus, dh doesn't know she's getting one so giving her cash to let her do what she wants with it keeps me out of trouble :laughing:
I'm filling a stocking for her with some things for her apartment and car.

Just curious, what type of tattoo does she want? Hearts, butterflies? My daughter has 3. One is of Harry Potter world.

I know DH and I will give her cash, some gift cards and a few art things she asked for. I did ask if she'd go shopping with me. Maybe she'll point out something she likes. No apartment yet and she won't be moving for several years so I think I'll hold off on the apartment items for a bit.

The shopping trip is a great idea. Make a day of it...go somewhere nice, have lunch, etc. The memory of that time spent together will be at least as precious as whatever you find to buy!

I definitely think this is one of the suggestions I will follow through with for these exact reasons💕💞💕💞

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter