• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What Do You Enjoy About Riding WDW Transportation??

North of Mouse

DIS Veteran
To counter a negative thread about riding WDW transportation, I decided to start a thread about all the positive things there are about *leaving the driving to Disney*.

We enjoy them because we can sit back, have conversations with fellow travelers, each other, not stress about traffic, and totally immerse ourselves in the *Disney Feeling*. Actually, we never leave property for the usually 10 days that we are there.

What are your reasons for riding the WDW transportation? Remember - positive, enjoyable experiences, reasons, ONLY. *Downers* need not *apply* - LOL

Besides the free part I like that I don't have to try to negotiate unfamiliar roads by myself (I always go solo), especially at night.

I enjoy the fact that the MK bus brings you right to the park and no secondary transportation (monorail or boat across the lake) to get to MK.:thumbsup2

I like the fact that I can leave the driving to someone else.

I don't have the hassle of renting a car; buying gas and getting the car back to the airport.

I like being able to mix it up a bit, by using different modes of transportion in one day.

Most of our arguments on vacation revolve around driving and parking, so I love being in a place where I never worry about any of that. I also very much like being able to have an adult beverage (or two, or three) and not have to concern myself with driving afterwards.

Missytara said:
I like the fact that I can leave the driving to someone else.

I don't have the hassle of renting a car; buying gas and getting the car back to the airport.

I like being able to mix it up a bit, by using different modes of transportion in one day.

We always stay at the WL and enjoy the boat ride to the MK. It might not the quickest, but like others are saying, we are on vacation and we enjoy the moments.

i love that i don't have to think about it. someone else gets to navigate and park! i just show up when i feel like it, and a bus shows up eventually or is already waiting. even if it can be slow or crowded, it still beats having to deal with driving yourself in my book. i hate driving in a totally irrational way and disney offering transport, even if it's not always fast or comfy, is a huge weight off my shoulders.

I don't much like to drive and at home I am the typcial "taxi mom". So for me the opportunity to use WDW Transportation helps make it a true vacation.

I find the transportation very convenient and I like the fact that I can have an adult beverage at the parks or other resort restaurants - something I won't do when driving.

I like meeting new people and talking to folks from all around the world. DH looks a bit unapproachable (tattooed, biker type) but he is a big teddy bear and he really enjoys chatting with new people. We met some incredibly nice and interesting people on our last trip and chatted while waiting for the bus or on the bus.

I like going in the offseason, so I'm not usually that pressed for the extra 15-20 minutes of time I would save per trip by driving. Saving the money from having to rent a car goes straight into my dining plans. I'm not a huge fan of the bus, but the monorail and the boat adds a nice bit of leisure to my vacation. I'm sure if I took a shorter trip or went during a heavier season, I'd probably want my own transportation, but nothing says vacation more than being taken everywhere I want to go.

I like not having to be the designated driver!

I also enjoy people watching and what they do in certain circumstances...

My dh is on the road a lot for work.....so, when he's at WDW with me, he enjoys letting someone else do the driving!! And he is a true type A person...and he hasn't had many issues with waiting for buses. He figures it's part of the Disney experience.
I enjoy driving. I've gotten pretty comfortable driving around Florida. BUT...I hate driving within WDW!! There are some truly nutty drivers there. I understand that most don't know the area, and are unfamiliar with where their exit is...but really??? Do you have to drive in the far left lane, see the exit sign for your exit and then go screaming across several lanes to make it to the exit in time??? I have been cut off so many times by these drivers.
Or the pokey puppies who are moving so slowly that everyone now needs to get around them...which makes drivers antsy!!! And then causes accidents.

Nope, I like using the buses. Are they the quickest way from point A to point B? Not usually. But, as I said in that negative thread, I enjoy meeting people and talking to them...and I get that chance when I use the bus!! If it takes me an addtl 15 mins to get somewhere, so be it!!!

I like meeting new people and talking to folks from all around the world. DH looks a bit unapproachable (tattooed, biker type) but he is a big teddy bear and he really enjoys chatting with new people. We met some incredibly nice and interesting people on our last trip and chatted while waiting for the bus or on the bus.

Me too! We love talking to and meeting new people also. Sharing stories, love of Disney, where we are from, and sometimes the kids make a new friend. Even if just for a short while. :flower3:

I like the different options. Bus, boat, and monorail. Plus we fly down and sometimes take a taxi.

I like the ability to come and go and not have to worry about a car and leaving someone stranded. For example, last trip I was sick one day so my husband and son went to Epcot and I stayed to sleep. When I woke up feeling better, I was able to hop on a bus and get to Epcot. We also did that a few days later when my husband had work to do.

Also meeting new people, I talked to so many people while there.

And of course the ability to not have to worry about being ok to drive. I don't just mean after a drink, but at midnight after a long day I can just get on a bus and not have to worry about falling asleep or being too tired to drive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter