What did we think of TEEN MOM 2?

Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong with the twin? Is it some sort of partial paralysis? Poor little one :(

Armchair diagnosis here from an RN: The baby's symptoms look similar to a child I know that had a form of Spinal Muscular Atrophy. I'm sure there are other disorders that have similar symptoms but I can't imagine that this isn't something severe. :sad2: The Mom mentioned that the baby was breech but since her arms and legs are affected, I think it is less likely to be a birth injury. Maybe an OB nurse or pediatrician will chime in. I feel terrible for them and hope this brings them some clarity so they can get their relationship back on track.

I can kind of understand Jo's family being upset with Kailyn for dating. Even though the relationship is not working out between them for now, once she starts to date and move on, there will never be a chance for them. Even though their relationship dissolved, Jo is their baby's father and it still has to be hard to see her with another guy, and the baby with another guy as well. His parents are opening their home to her, no matter what, and it's just not right at this point. Too soon. I agree she needs to just concentrate on being a mom, starting college so she can have a future. That's how I would feel if I were Jo's parents and opened my home to her. She has plenty of time for that in the future.

Could baby Ali's doctor on last night's episode have been any more personable and compassionate? NOT. I felt bad for Leah and her mom. He was so impersonable and uncompassionate.

I 100% agree with both your points. I mean, if Kailyn doesn't want to try to help the baby by taking advantage of the help and focusing on school and work, and possibly work on her relationship with Jo, then she really needs to work on moving out cause to me her entering into another relationship is really disrespectful to Jo's parents, at this point I feel like she's using them. And her mom, I mean she is a piece of work. It really hurt me that she didn't offer her a place, what a woman!

And with the baby Ali (Leah and Corey) I am wondering why it took so long for her to notice and get the baby to the doctor. I am not trying to sound mean but if you have had two babies for the past 9 months living and growing together day to day how would they both not have been able to notice this or some of the other obvious differences in the twins? I mean when I had my kids when me and friends who had babies within a couple of months each other we would talk and ask about their growth and development. And that doc- I would find a new one if my ped treated me like that.

Jenelle and her mom need counseling, seriously. Jenelle only did what her mother allowed her to do, and then her mom is doing what she thinks she has to do. You cant be a parent only when you feel like it but I also feel like she (the mom) considers Jace as her baby now, cause she just about wont let Jenelle do anything. She is an instigator too, I mean what was that crap about taking the router?? She has the right idea in some ways but just has a wrong way to go about it. They need help.

Chelsea- her dad is going to **** a brick when he finds out she is trying to get back with Adam. She is such a nice and pretty girl. I just don't understand why she wants to be with someone who runs over her and treats her like crap. Im glad for her that she has a dad that takes care of her but I think she has it a little too easy.

My thoughts and $.02

Kim

i noticed something i was watching them in the pool the mom went in with the baby and dad sat on the side lines.,. and when they were done playing in the pool, dad got all cranky because his child got his pants wet.. and he didnt want to put baby into the car seat cause he didnt want to get wet.. come on you went swimming things are going to get wet,.

janelle was without her son for two week and final got to see them and it seem like as soon as she got there grandma had to put the baby to bed.. he could have stayed up longer.. (if that would have been my i would have stepped up and said something like i can put him to bed later i have saw him it two weeks and i want to spend time with him)

and the girl with the twins the dad he could have taken time off work.. to go to the doctors he just blew it off like it was a check up.. wake up..

I can kind of understand Jo's family being upset with Kailyn for dating. Even though the relationship is not working out between them for now, once she starts to date and move on, there will never be a chance for them. Even though their relationship dissolved, Jo is their baby's father and it still has to be hard to see her with another guy, and the baby with another guy as well. His parents are opening their home to her, no matter what, and it's just not right at this point. Too soon. I agree she needs to just concentrate on being a mom, starting college so she can have a future. That's how I would feel if I were Jo's parents and opened my home to her. She has plenty of time for that in the future.

Could baby Ali's doctor on last night's episode have been any more personable and compassionate? NOT. I felt bad for Leah and her mom. He was so impersonable and uncompassionate.

I can understand that it would be hard for them to see her dating someone else. And I agree she has other things to worry about before she jumps into another relationship. But it would appear that Joe treats her like GARBAGE. That is an issue that they (Joe's mom and dad) need to address if they're going to be involved.

And while they did open their home to her, that doesn't give them the right (Joe's dad) to speak to her the way they did. They are grown adults and they (Joe's dad) should have handled it better.

I 100% agree with both your points. I mean, if Kailyn doesn't want to try to help the baby by taking advantage of the help and focusing on school and work, and possibly work on her relationship with Jo, then she really needs to work on moving out cause to me her entering into another relationship is really disrespectful to Jo's parents, at this point I feel like she's using them. And her mom, I mean she is a piece of work. It really hurt me that she didn't offer her a place, what a woman!

And with the baby Ali (Leah and Corey) I am wondering why it took so long for her to notice and get the baby to the doctor. I am not trying to sound mean but if you have had two babies for the past 9 months living and growing together day to day how would they both not have been able to notice this or some of the other obvious differences in the twins? I mean when I had my kids when me and friends who had babies within a couple of months each other we would talk and ask about their growth and development. And that doc- I would find a new one if my ped treated me like that.

Jenelle and her mom need counseling, seriously. Jenelle only did what her mother allowed her to do, and then her mom is doing what she thinks she has to do. You cant be a parent only when you feel like it but I also feel like she (the mom) considers Jace as her baby now, cause she just about wont let Jenelle do anything. She is an instigator too, I mean what was that crap about taking the router?? She has the right idea in some ways but just has a wrong way to go about it. They need help.

Chelsea- her dad is going to **** a brick when he finds out she is trying to get back with Adam. She is such a nice and pretty girl. I just don't understand why she wants to be with someone who runs over her and treats her like crap. Im glad for her that she has a dad that takes care of her but I think she has it a little too easy.

My thoughts and $.02

Kim

I think people don't see what they don't want to see or can't handle. My friend that had the child with the similar problem is a total helicopter parent, very anxious and on top of everything. I went to visit her family and noticed that her 13 mo. old DD (first child) was dragging herself by her arms across the floor, almost the way you see paraplegics move. I was aghast :eek: and went home to figure out how to approach her. I called her the next day and she, to this day, 10 years later, is so grateful. She knew, in her heart of hearts, that something was terribly wrong, but couldn't bring herself to even say it aloud, much less get organized to get it diagnosed and begin treatment. Basically paralyzed with fear of the unknown. The other factor here is her age. My friend was over 30 when her DD was born. This poor girl is still a child herself and is very verbal about how overwhelmed she is about the potential difficulties ahead for the baby.

I have said this before on other 16 & Pregnant and Teen Mom threads here and on other message boards discussing these shows ...

These shows should be MANDATORY watching for Junior and Senior High Schoolers. :thumbsup2

Week after week, these shows just get sadder and sadder. :sad2:

I just cannot imagine the pain that Leah is in with her baby. Every time someone touched that leg in order to straighten it, she wailed. Poor baby doll. And whoever posted that the MD was so umm, removed, UGH, I would have scooped my baby-doll up and LEFT immediately to get ANOTHER opinion ... he was so BLAH for a situation that is quite serious. :headache: I am not in the medical field at all ... but I don't think this is good. :sad1:

Jenelle, ya, well now that she realizes it costs $5,000 to start the procedure to get Jace, she wants back home. :headache:

Chelsea with Adam ... :headache:

Kailyn, I don't see why she can't have a relationship with Jordan. Joe has made it very clear in his words and his actions he does.not.want.to.be.with.Kailyn.

and the girl with the twins the dad he could have taken time off work.. to go to the doctors he just blew it off like it was a check up.. wake up..

Not necessarily...I have no idea what kind of work he's in, how much seniority he has, etc. If he's fairly new to the job, still on "probation" etc., calling off work at the last minute could lead to termination. In some areas/industries, work is very hard to come by right now. If he wants to provide for his daughters, he needs a job.

I can understand that it would be hard for them to see her dating someone else. And I agree she has other things to worry about before she jumps into another relationship. But it would appear that Joe treats her like GARBAGE. That is an issue that they (Joe's mom and dad) need to address if they're going to be involved.

And while they did open their home to her, that doesn't give them the right (Joe's dad) to speak to her the way they did. They are grown adults and they (Joe's dad) should have handled it better.

That's basically the way I see things. At first I thought, since the breakup, they had her living there as the mother of their DGS, independent of a relationship with their son. Taking her in as "another child", as you would for a close friend of your child that didn't have any other place to live. However it is clear that they aren't so much interested in her happiness, development and well being as a person but only her role as baby mama. If they are only interested in supporting her if she is going to be a partner for Jo, who clearly isn't interested in working on a relationship with her, they need to communicate that.

My opinion is that she should be respected for her role as mother to the grandchild. She seems like a nice girl and it bothers me to hear Jo speak to her so disrespectfully. Notice how the parents never say anything to him when he disses her? I didn't note the Dad speaking disrespectfully to her, but that would make sense as Jo learned it somewhere.:rolleyes: If the parents don't want to see her forging a relationship with someone else, they need to counsel their son to put his big boy pants on and become a partner to the mother of his child. They sure can verbalize their expectations of Kailyn but I don't hear them verbalizing what they expect Jo to do. How about asking him to man up? They treat him like he is the second coming and her like she is yesterday's paper.

I have said this before on other 16 & Pregnant and Teen Mom threads here and on other message boards discussing these shows ...

These shows should be MANDATORY watching for Junior and Senior High Schoolers. :thumbsup2

I watch it with my DD12 ever since 16 and pregnant and teen mom began. it is funny, even she sees this "moms" and "dads" and is like, that isn't a good parent or the guy is a jerk.

About Jo-that boy is a little punk: telling Kailyn she is lucky HE lets her live at HIS house-boy you don't have a job like that. He reminds me of my friends' now ex husband at that age and never grew out of acting like that.

Jenelle and her mom-wow. Her mom enabled her from way back. even last night when jenelle went back home it was time for Jace's bed time, her mom was doing it. Ok, you want to be the Mom, take the iniative. and her Mom doesn't trust her enough to "properly" take care of the baby even with the smallest of tasks, so then jenelle when she is in Mommy mode gets discouraged, they need some serious counseling and jenelle needs to calm it down and take some parenting classes.

Leah and Cody-I was crying with them.

Chelsea-you know, the biggest theme I have seen in these shows, girls who will put up with -also Gary of Amber and Gary-with crap so they won't be alone, no self esteem what so ever. Chelsea-yes Adam it's ok that you said you would sign away rights to "that mistake", but I still want to be with you. GOOD GRACIOUS, honestly, I would hate to see when that kid grows up and sees that, you know she wn't be with Adam anymore, but that kid will be like you loved him more then you loved me cause you let him back in our lives after he said that about me.

my opinion is that she should be respected for her role as mother to the grandchild. She seems like a nice girl and it bothers me to hear jo speak to her so disrespectfully. Notice how the parents never say anything to him when he disses her? I didn't note the dad speaking disrespectfully to her, but that would make sense as jo learned it somewhere.:rolleyes: If the parents don't want to see her forging a relationship with someone else, they need to counsel their son to put his big boy pants on and become a partner to the mother of his child. They sure can verbalize their expectations of kailyn but i don't hear them verbalizing what they expect jo to do. How about asking him to man up? They treat him like he is the second coming and her like she is yesterday's paper.

ita!!!!!!!!!!

Armchair diagnosis here from an RN: The baby's symptoms look similar to a child I know that had a form of Spinal Muscular Atrophy. I'm sure there are other disorders that have similar symptoms but I can't imagine that this isn't something severe. :sad2: The Mom mentioned that the baby was breech but since her arms and legs are affected, I think it is less likely to be a birth injury. Maybe an OB nurse or pediatrician will chime in. I feel terrible for them and hope this brings them some clarity so they can get their relationship back on track.

Oh, I hope not. That's a life threatening condition, isn't it? Doesn't it usually affect breathing? Poor little thing.

And is her friend crazy?! Who would want to move into a house with your 19 year old best friend and her daughter?

Why wouldn't she want free rent, no parental supervision, and only have to babysit for an adorable baby occasionally? Sounds good to me! Especially at their age. Party House :cool1:

Jenelle & her mom are both train wrecks
Yep, I predict this child will eventually end up being removed from the home.
I really like Corey, he seems so together I really hope him and Leah can't get back together. It seems like she has gronw up!
I don't think she grew up so much as she gave up the fantasy of getting back together with her old boyfriend. It was pretty obvious he represented her days of being young and carefree, while every time she looked at Corey she saw responsibility staring her in the face.
I may have missed a couple episodes but I am confused. :confused3 While I am not advocating that Kailyn jump into another relationship right away, why does Jo give a crap what Kailyn is doing if he doesn't want to be with her?
It just seems like common sense that if you're living in your ex-boyfriend's house, if his parents are extending hospitality to you because otherwise you'd be homeless . . . it's not a good idea to bring in another man, who will obviously be "Jo's replacement". It's just not right to do that while living in their house!

In the future, when she's out on her own, sure. She has every right to date whomever she pleases. And while she might have that RIGHT now, it just isn't courteous to her hosts. It's bad to rub her new relationship in their faces.

Kaitlyn's mom (not Jo's mom with whom she lives) is every bit as bad as Jenelle's -- she's just less caustic in her behavior.
I can almost see some of Jenelle's points when they argue - Jace is Jenelle's child, and there are times when she says I want to hold him, I want to change him, etc. She is showing initiative (as she should) to be a good mother .... if Jenelle's mom wasn't such a witch herself, she'd let Jenelle take some responsibility instead of being a control freak and doing all the parenting herself.
On the other hand, Jenelle clearly only wants to be a mom WHEN IT SUITS HER. It's not fair to her mom to expect her to do the nighttime routine, get him up in the mornings, transport him to day care, etc. . . . but, oh, when it's sweet and cuddly time, and I'm well-rested, and there's not much on TV -- oh, pass him over to me!

Not that that excuses either of them or their atrocious behavior!
I agree she needs to just concentrate on being a mom, starting college so she can have a future. That's how I would feel if I were Jo's parents and opened my home to her. She has plenty of time for that in the future.
ALL the teen moms are too concerned with dating and not concerned enough about their educations/careers, but this batch is worse than the girls from the first season. Yes, it's natural at 18-19-20 to want to date and to be interested in finding a husband, but they've altered their paths in life without altering their priorities!
I am not trying to sound mean but if you have had two babies for the past 9 months living and growing together day to day how would they both not have been able to notice this or some of the other obvious differences in the twins?
On a simliar note, why didn't the doctor notice something in all those infant check-ups? It makes me wonder whether she was keeping up with the girls' well-visit check-ups and vaccinations.
janelle was without her son for two week and final got to see them and it seem like as soon as she got there grandma had to put the baby to bed.. he could have stayed up longer.. (if that would have been my i would have stepped up and said something like i can put him to bed later i have saw him it two weeks and i want to spend time with him)
Yes, but you're thinking like normal people think. Those two don't know what normal is, and they're always looking for ways to hurt one another. It's just a matter of time 'til they include Jace in the fun of let's-see-how-mean-we-can-be-to-our-familes, and they'll teach him how to behave this way too.
However it is clear that they aren't so much interested in her happiness, development and well being as a person but only her role as baby mama.
Well, that's who she is. She's an ex-girlfriend. If it weren't for the baby, she'd be out of their lives. Since she has no other options, they're taking care of her physical needs. Their ongoing relationship is going to be with their grandson, not with her. Sure, they'll want to see her succeed because that'll mean she'll be a better mother to the child, but they're not obligated to raise her. They're not wonderful to her, but where would she be without them? A homeless shelter?

Jo's a mess. I'd hate to look at my child and say, "This is what I've raised."

It seems like a stupid question, but when jenelle left home the first time why didn't she take her baby? Seems like that would have been the first instinct as a mother. Maybe I missed something. These teenage girls along with the group from the first season seem to alow these loser guys walk all over them.

Well I too have a similar thought.

By default, didn't Janelle have custody of Jace and her mom was trying to get it taken away from Janelle and granted to herself? So if so, shouldn't Janelle have had the option to take the baby with her when she first left?

It didn't look like she was staying at a very great place though. I'm not sure if it is a location thing, but what was up with the couch and old matress being on the lawn??

As for Leah, I too wonder what took so long to notice the issue. Her mother was a nurse I believe it said, so I can't believe she didn't notice sooner, and as well, hadn't she been going for checkups? Every checkup my children had, the doc checked the hips and legs.

I agree that on these shows they seem to rush to introduce the baby to the new boyfriend/girlfriend. Why did Kailyn need to rush to introduce Jordan to Isaac? She really should try and find somewhere new to live, but I'm not sure where... :confused3

And Chelsea does have it pretty good with her dad paying her way and being so supportive. I agree, it is a sweet deal for her friend too. I doubt she has to pay anything or much. I can't believe she is considering going back to Adam though... sigh.

Does anyone else notice how the people often are not wearing seat belts? Is it really that common there?

And lastly, is anyone else bothered by the incorrect use of car seats on these shows!!!!!!

It seems like a stupid question, but when jenelle left home the first time why didn't she take her baby? Seems like that would have been the first instinct as a mother.
By default, didn't Janelle have custody of Jace and her mom was trying to get it taken away from Janelle and granted to herself? So if so, shouldn't Janelle have had the option to take the baby with her when she first left?
Yes, it should've been her first instinct to take the baby along -- he's a part of her -- but she doesn't think like a mother. She thinks like a babysitter; that is, she is sometimes responsible for him, she sometimes thinks about the baby, but he isn't her first priority.

Yes, Janelle had custody of the baby by default . . . but then she abandoned him when she left the house, which puts her in a difficult situation legally.

I think this season is going to be more of a train wreck than last season. But I agree, these shows are my guilty pleasures!

My dd-25 and I watch this show together when we can.
Yes, it is a train wreck, yes--any child 12 and up should see this show.
See what it is really like to have a baby and then raise a baby.
It is a tough job. Sometimes, I think, geesh-why did they do that or say that, then I am reminded-they are only 16. They still have a lifetime ahead of them.

My sister got pregnant at 16, married (still married to the father) raised two great boys, both Eagle Scouts, and did pretty well.
Not everyone has that experience.
Those kids have a lot of growing up to do and I wish them well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter