What did we think of TEEN MOM 2?

According to Amber's court testimony, it's about $140,000 per 6 month contract. There has been speculation that each "story" gets that amount and it gets divvied up a bit if a father is involved. Which leads me to...

He's there for the Teen Mom paycheck for sure! Two episodes ago I figured that one out. He is so insincere in his "manning up."

The supposed baby daddy from her 16&P is "modeling in China" aka living still at home probably. Rumors swirled months ago that he was not actually the baby daddy and recently a former friend went to a tabloid saying the real father is a boyfriend of another friend. The first guy was actually in rehab the month she supposedly conceived. Jenelle pretty much admitted this was true. I think Jace looks the other guy more than the original.

Admit article http://starcasm.net/archives/82424
New baby daddy article with his picture http://starcasm.net/archives/82270

Wow, I'm not one that can usually say "hey this person looks like this person," but I really do see Jace in that Stephen guy.

That Janelle...shes too funny "I know I shouldn't stay out late because I have to babysit Jace tomorrow"...lol :lmao:

I really wonder about Kailyn's mom, do you think she had the money and just didn't want to let her daughter borrow it?

Chelsea, seriously, you want to let this guy move in that has not once yet shown you stability? Idiot...I feel so bad for her roomie. Hopefully she could talk some sense into her. How could she even do that to her dad, he is such a tremendous help to her. IMHO she's acting a little ungrateful and if she wants to pursue some sort of relationship with this idiot she needs to proceed with caution, moving in together after 1 week is really silly.

I don't think Kaylin's mom had the money, I think on 16&Pregnant she talks about the mom living at a motel so I don't think she has $$$

Janelle and her mom are annoying. That kid is flippin' adorable. The new guy she is dating was annoying too. he basically said he is laid off but could get any job at any time. Well then..er... get one.

Poor Chelsea's dad and roommate. Adam is just looking for free room and board and a camera crew following him around. If she was not on Teen Mom he would never have come back.

Leah and Corey's trailer looks terrible, but has a beautiful view. Why is her mom always talking her out of being with Corey (on 16&Pregnnt) and moving too quickly with Corey (this last episode)? Crap advice.

This whole show is just so sad:sad2:

Janelle and her mom are driving me crazy, they both need to grow up and take care of that baby. That new boyfriend of hers:scared1::eek::sick:

Janelle's new "boyfriend" is such a loser. I'm not a fan of Janelle's mom at all, but I felt bad for her, having to sit there listen to this idiot talk...what a complete idiot. Too bad Janelle's too stupid to care.

Kailyn's mom seems like a pretty messed up parent too. I really feel bad for Kailyn, but at least Jo's parents seem somewhat together, even if I don't agree with what they do/say sometimes.

Corey and Leah, I hope things work out for them. I don't know if it's that Leah's mom is always trying to talk her out of being with Corey...I think Corey's family is constantly pushing them to be together ect. (not saying it's wrong, not sure) but I think Leah's mom just wants her to be careful and give her other opinions. I'm guessing she probably feels like Leah, and probably Corey are kinda being forced into the situation. I hope it works out for them, but sometimes they come across like they're trying too hard, which makes me think it may not, but I hope for all of them that it does.

Chelsea...I wish she'd get some darn self-confidence and open her eyes. It's disgusting that she's letting that piece of crap move in with her, I'm sure for free. Disgusting...I hope her Dad doesn't give up on her;it's going to be a hard situation.

I don't think Kaylin's mom had the money, I think on 16&Pregnant she talks about the mom living at a motel so I don't think she has $$$

Janelle and her mom are annoying. That kid is flippin' adorable. The new guy she is dating was annoying too. he basically said he is laid off but could get any job at any time. Well then..er... get one.

Poor Chelsea's dad and roommate. Adam is just looking for free room and board and a camera crew following him around. If she was not on Teen Mom he would never have come back.

Leah and Corey's trailer looks terrible, but has a beautiful view. Why is her mom always talking her out of being with Corey (on 16&Pregnnt) and moving too quickly with Corey (this last episode)? Crap advice.

Didn't Kailyn's mom move in with her BF and just give her a car? I think her mom is shady.

Janelle-You do not babysit your own kid, even if you don't have custody. You want to get custody back? stop thinking about the wang a dang and cowgirl up. The college lady said that Jennelle had a good grades, so she isn't dumb, just doesn't want to apply herself.

Chelsea-I wish Dr. Drew would do a show about self esteem-because this girl and some of the other's and Gary from Gary and Amber fame do not have any. Her dad should tell her, ok, well if he is going to be here, he can pay for this house if he really wants to be a family, see how far that gets.

Leah and Corey-I am routing for them, the twins are precious. Leah's mom-guess she doesn't want to see or hear about them going through the same stuff again, so maybe that's why all the aren't you moving too fast talk.

What strikes me with Janeel is that she has no attachment to her son, at all.

There wa sa scene in which she is walking in the door, and maybe it's just me, but she just walks right by him, even though he walks up to her, and she just walks by, no greeting, no smile.....it was just sad. Yes, she did say that by her mother taking Jace away that Saturday morning, she lost her day for her and Jace to spend time together, but to me it's like Jace is her little brother and she can come and go and be active in his life when she wants to.

IDK, maybe it's just me, but my daughter is three, and anytime I walked into a room she was in (even if she was in her pack-n-play while I washed dishes), when I came into a room she was in, my instinct was to light up in a huge smile, and greet her with some cutesy/funny greeting. She's 3 and I still do it. I love when I pick her up at daycare, and I walk into her classroom and I say "Rea..." and she turnes around and shrieks "MOMMY!"

Johnson & Johnson has a commercial where at the end the taglines was "Having a baby changes everything." and a lot of these Teen Moms just don't get that. It's not a 7th grade Home Ec class where your taking care of an egg for a week. Your taking care of a person, whose education and self-reflection is built up around what is given to them emotionally. Dr. Drew often states that a child born to a teen mother will likely be a teen parent themselves, and now I see a connection between teen mom and teen mom offspring and self-worth that explains why.

I forgot about the car. There is definitely something "off" about her mom.

yeah that is why I wonder if she had the money, something just doesn't seem right with her...well we knew that from day 1 when she decided to be with her boy toy instead of help out her daughter and the her grandchild that she was carrying.

There wa sa scene in which she is walking in the door, and maybe it's just me, but she just walks right by him, even though he walks up to her, and she just walks by, no greeting, no smile.....it was just sad. Yes, she did say that by her mother taking Jace away that Saturday morning, she lost her day for her and Jace to spend time together, but to me it's like Jace is her little brother and she can come and go and be active in his life when she wants to.

IDK, maybe it's just me, but my daughter is three, and anytime I walked into a room she was in (even if she was in her pack-n-play while I washed dishes), when I came into a room she was in, my instinct was to light up in a huge smile, and greet her with some cutesy/funny greeting. She's 3 and I still do it. I love when I pick her up at daycare, and I walk into her classroom and I say "Rea..." and she turnes around and shrieks "MOMMY!"

Johnson & Johnson has a commercial where at the end the taglines was "Having a baby changes everything." and a lot of these Teen Moms just don't get that. It's not a 7th grade Home Ec class where your taking care of an egg for a week. Your taking care of a person, whose education and self-reflection is built up around what is given to them emotionally. Dr. Drew often states that a child born to a teen mother will likely be a teen parent themselves, and now I see a connection between teen mom and teen mom offspring and self-worth that explains why.

I noticed that too, it was when she was going to the school and picking up the boyfriend and the baby was just standing by the door. BUT then when she brings the boyfriend by the house she walked in the door and did the huge smile and picked him up and gave him a hug like she was mom of the year.

my instinct was to light up in a huge smile, and greet her with some cutesy/funny greeting.

See I think that's the thing: Not every "mom" has that instinct. And how old is Jace now? I don't think she will ever have that instinct.

Sometimes it may take a minute for it to set in. It was honestly a couple days for me after having a emergency c section and the drugs wearing off and she was brought into my room and looked at me and I swear it sounds crazy, but she looked at me as if to say Hi Mommy. and it hit me and I still weep up thinking about it today almost 13 years later.

But Jennelle, she just doesnt seem to have that instinct. When she left the house a couple episodes ago, she didn't take him. wow, no instinct at all.

See I think that's the thing: Not every "mom" has that instinct. And how old is Jace now? I don't think she will ever have that instinct.

Sometimes it may take a minute for it to set in. It was honestly a couple days for me after having a emergency c section and the drugs wearing off and she was brought into my room and looked at me and I swear it sounds crazy, but she looked at me as if to say Hi Mommy. and it hit me and I still weep up thinking about it today almost 13 years later.

But Jennelle, she just doesnt seem to have that instinct. When she left the house a couple episodes ago, she didn't take him. wow, no instinct at all.

I agree with this thinking, but I also feel like maybe being a teen mother and having her mother do everything for the baby has definitely disconnected her from the fact that she is that child's mother. I don't agree with Jenelle or her mother but I feel like the mom feels in her mind like she is doing the right thing she just has a really really bad and undermining way of going about it. Instead of encouraging and helping Jenelle with her mothering skills she has belittled her and taken away any confidence she may have had in parenting Jace. I wonder if its too late for them to bond? Who knows but its not looking too good to me.

Kim

I agree with this thinking, but I also feel like maybe being a teen mother and having her mother do everything for the baby has definitely disconnected her from the fact that she is that child's mother. I don't agree with Jenelle or her mother but I feel like the mom feels in her mind like she is doing the right thing she just has a really really bad and undermining way of going about it. Instead of encouraging and helping Jenelle with her mothering skills she has belittled her and taken away any confidence she may have had in parenting Jace. I wonder if its too late for them to bond? Who knows but its not looking too good to me.

Kim

Very true. I have noticed that Jenelle's mom will kind of take over if Jenelle is dong something, but I think it's like she doesn't trust her to do it correctly- when Jenelle was going to with Jace and the mom was like, give him such and such medicine and certain times, then quizzed her on it. But then again she doesn't encourage her or show her, this is how you do such and such. Jace is such a sweet looking kid.

At the same time, if you want your kid back,you cant go out and party and say i know I shouldn't stay out late when i will have my kid the next day.

I totally understand about emergency c-sections, had one myself. Actually the entire day went from not knowing I was in labor to walkign in the hospital and being told, your goign to have your baby in a few hours. After a failed (natural) attempt, I was wisked into the OR for a c-section. Then I needed a blood transfuson a day and a half later, and I was "out of it" for nearly two days after DD was born. I was also in the hosptial for a week. Then, I tried b****feeding and that wasn't working out and even got tot he point after we arrived home, that I felt DD had bonded with everybody else except me. I knew I was starting to go into a dark place (all because she wouldn't b****feed) so I made a choice that Bfeeding had to go.

However, with all of that, and being depressed for a week and half, and feeling like DD had bonded with everybody else and hated me, I still would have jumped out of my hospital bed, in the depths of anemia (lack of energy) and protected her if anyone had come in the room to harm her. Even with the thoughts of her hating me (I know it sounds so silly for a newborn to hate you, but remember I was depressed, in the hospital, weak, and very much out of it), but even with those thoughts I knew that I was there to be there for her.

Now I know that PPD is very serious, and I really do beleive I was heading that way -- three days after arriving home my husband talked to me about getting help -- we lived in the middle of nowhere, so available resources were only in the city 45 mins away -- and I screamed at him that there was nowhere to get help and that it didn't matter. I was lucky that I recognized EARLY that my feelign weren't right and I recognized that I was beating myself up about b*****feeding. I knew DD would be okay on formula, so I finally came to the decision 2 days later that my emotional health wasn't worth losing, over something I was beating myself up about. I know many who suffer from PPD aren't as "lucky" in that extent of recognizing things aren't right that early on.

HOWEVER with all of that, Jace is at an age at which by now, Janelle should be able to recognize him, protect him, and have that "instinct" that he is her son. Custody or not, she is still his mother.

And I do agree, as another poster mentioned, that Janelle's mom, never gives her the opportunity to do things, and constantly critizies, belittles, and takes over whatever Janelle is doing with him (changing clothes/diaper, bathing, or playing). On the other hand, HA to Janelle's mom who was watching Jace, and he opened the cabinet under the kitchen sink -- get some baby locks Grandma!

Any thoughts about tonight's episode?
I think Janelle is a hot mess! I think there's waaaayyy more drugs and sex and partying than we are being shown and I believe that's why her mom won't let her take him out unsupervised. Yes, her mom is a screamer, but Janelle is a mess!

Any thoughts about tonight's episode?

Good grief- Jenelle just needs to walk away. It is really starting to irk me that she keeps saying she is "babysitting" Jace. He's your damn kid! She keeps saying she's going to college for Jace,- whatever, I don't buy that. And what is up with her mom flipping out over the tax form, that was rude. She was not ready for a baby, obviously.

Kailyn- I dont thnink that she wants to be with Jo anymore but she doesn't know what to do cause she has nowhere else to go. I don't even know what to suggest to her.

Chelsea- shes stupid and lazy- finish your school work already and pick up those clothes off the floor. that guy is only there to be part of the fame and fortune and free house.

Leah- she is overwhelmed.

that was my impression of it all.

Kim

Jennelle: Honestly say 1 more time you have to babysit your own kid and I will just scream. even dd12 is like, you don't babysit your own kid. Now if my 12 can grasp that why can't Jennelle? stop playing with wang a dang-even though I must say i laughed when he told her some of the stuff she brought on herself. Jennelle's mom's bf, I dont think I have heard him say anything until last night.

Kailyn: that girl looks like she feels so trapped. Her mom is shady, Jo is well fill in whatever adjective you feel. She needs to get out and file for custody-i'd like to see my ex take our kid out of the state like that.

Leah: Corey did act like a whiny when she was out talking about when you coming home, blah blah. Leah: homemaker isn't what she thought it would be and she wants to get her education on.

Chelsea: I thought her DF would blow up and CHelsea was like" i'll tell Andrew he has to pitch in", but with her low self esteem didn't see her bringing it up to him while he was playing video games. and didn't she make a comment about he has to pay his child support before she let him move in? In some states if not all, ANdrew could tell child support, hey no need for me to keep paying because we live together now. I keep hearing I want my kid to have both parents and you know what, they can, it doesn't mean you have to let someone who disrespected you still sleep with you. eww.

I totally agree with both hereyago & minifan.

I was disappointed in Corey last night, I thought he had been making such a good effort up until that point. But they edit it for ratings so who knows. I just got US Weekly this week & Corey & Leah are on the cover & they seem very happy from the article. I'm rooting for them both.

Jenelle - I don't even want to waste my breath. I did see online that she & wang-a-dang (LOVE that) were just arrested for breaking & entering as well as drug possession & paraphernalia & she's looking at jail time. Darn now who will BABYSIT Jace??

Kailyn - she is stuck stuck stuck. She only lives (well, Jo's parents) 15 min. from here. Sometimes I want to go to NACC or Best Buy & just tell her to pack up & come live in my basement. She seems like a nice young girl but she just can't get on her own two feet. She seems to have somewhat of a head on her shoulders, hopefully she can figure it out - and soon. I think she realizes though with little income & school she's going to have to rely on Jo & possibly live with him until she can get financially stable. As far as Jo taking the baby to his aunt's in NJ - we're just across the NJ border where we are, so he was only 20 min. away with the baby. They made it out to seem like he was far away in another state.

Chelsea - I have little respect for her. Did you see the condition of that house - that house that HER DAD PAYS FOR...not only the clothing all over the bedroom - they showed a shot of the bathroom - OMG it wasn't just messy, it was dirty & there was garbage all over the place. Her dad was way too nice. I play tough love in my house - I would have said here is the mortgage & the bills, I'm done. You want to play house with Adam then you can pay for it too BUH BYE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter