What cruise line would you recommend besides...

I also disagree with the Carnival Comments. Been cruising on Carnival for over 20 years. Kids have been going since they were 6 and 8 (they are 22 and 24 now). Been on at least 10 Carnival Cruises a few RCCL Cruises and a few NCL Cruises. All of my family loves Carnival better than the other lines. We have so much fun and always something to do. Especially love the new ships (Mardi Gras, Celebration and Jubilee) so many food choices that don't cost extra.

I think RCCL and Carnival and NCL are more alike than different. We just like the Carnival Vibe and we are not partiers either.

Was just on RCCL on a European Cruise. Good thing we were there for the ports. Did not like the ship at all. (Older ship and not much to do).

For Alaska I would probably consider HAL or Princess, just because they have the most sailings.

I also disagree with the Carnival Comments. Been cruising on Carnival for over 20 years. Kids have been going since they were 6 and 8 (they are 22 and 24 now). Been on at least 10 Carnival Cruises a few RCCL Cruises and a few NCL Cruises. All of my family loves Carnival better than the other lines. We have so much fun and always something to do. Especially love the new ships (Mardi Gras, Celebration and Jubilee) so many food choices that don't cost extra.

I think RCCL and Carnival and NCL are more alike than different. We just like the Carnival Vibe and we are not partiers either.

Was just on RCCL on a European Cruise. Good thing we were there for the ports. Did not like the ship at all. (Older ship and not much to do).

For Alaska I would probably consider HAL or Princess, just because they have the most sailings.
We were on a Med cruise in July on Enchantment. When was your cruise and what ship?

I think people typically think of Caribbean and Carnival when talking about booze cruises. I wouldn't imagine that Alaska or some other places would be as ripe for that. The Caribbean is just probably the most accessible to the U.S. destination and is also probably one of the most economical as well and Carnival is also one of the most economical cruise lines.

We were on a Med cruise in July on Enchantment. When was your cruise and what ship?
It was in May and also on Enchantment. Was not impressed with the ship at all. We had originally booked a different RCCL ship, where the 7 of us had 3 Balcony Rooms all next to each other. They ended up switching ships and we were all on different floors and downgraded to Oceanview and only given $100 OBC per cabin. Not much we could do as we already had our flights and excursions booked. This was the only cruise where we actually ate at the Buffet for dinner instead of in the dining room. We did not like the menus and only other option was Pizza.

We still had fun in all the ports. First time to Europe. Trying to plan another trip but may need to do a River Cruise as we want to do Germany, Austria and Prague.

It was in May and also on Enchantment. Was not impressed with the ship at all. We had originally booked a different RCCL ship, where the 7 of us had 3 Balcony Rooms all next to each other. They ended up switching ships and we were all on different floors and downgraded to Oceanview and only given $100 OBC per cabin. Not much we could do as we already had our flights and excursions booked. This was the only cruise where we actually ate at the Buffet for dinner instead of in the dining room. We did not like the menus and only other option was Pizza.

We still had fun in all the ports. First time to Europe. Trying to plan another trip but may need to do a River Cruise as we want to do Germany, Austria and Prague.
Sorry to hear it. We were very pleased with the activities the little bit we were on board and dinner in the main dining room was wonderful. We had an awesome cabin attendant.

I'll just say my parents in their 80s were ready to take our 12YO on a Princess cruise to
Alaska before the school year started. We had everything already planned and reserved until my parents tested positive for COVID. But absolutely there didn't seem to be any issue with people of all ages. Obviously they had to cancel (they would have been denied boarding) and they got a full credit that they used to take on a cruise to Mexico when they were feeling better.

Carnival? My family and I have never been on a cruise. Carnival will likely be our first since I hear it's good for kids. I'm just thinking ahead. DH and I are in our 40's. For our 25th anniversary in 4 years we want to go on a cruise to Alaska, alone. What cruise line do you think is the best for that? If you think Carnival is, please say so. I've been told to avoid Princess because it's mainly old people. Well, DH and I like old people so that wouldn't bother us. Any suggestions and how some cruise lines differ from the other would really be appreciated. Thanks.ETA: DH and I had a summer wedding.
I would look at cruise lines that go into Glacier Bay. Not all of them do. We picked Princess because of that and it was perfectly fine. I prefer the entertainment on NCL and they go to Glacier Bay as does Holland America and some pricey lines.

and you could go on 3 cruises with other lines for the cost of 1 Disney cruise.
This! We just got off the Symphony of the Seas (Royal) from a 7 night Mediterranean cruise from Rome in a Large Balcony cabin (was a Great trip BTW). I was pricing a cruise on the Wish the other day and the price of 4 nights in an Oceanview (basically just a window if you don't know) was just about the same as 7 Nights in our Large Balcony on RCL.

I have done a few Carnival cruises - Two 4 night Bahamas and also a 7 night Southern Caribbean. Definitely a more Party atmosphere but you can also avoid all that if you want to. I wouldn't rule out Carnival again (especially on their much newer ships,I have seen lots of good things about them) but they wouldn't be my first choice.

I greatly enjoyed the 2 Princess cruises I have done - a Western Caribbean in 2003 on the Grand (my Honeymoon) and an Alaska in 2018 on Star. Definitely for Alaska I recommend Princess.

I really want to try Celebrity again. My most favorite cruises I have ever been on were Celebrity but they were years ago (most recent 2002) on Ships that don't exist anymore (Meridian, Zenith and Horizon). So I really want to try their newer ones.

which European cruise and which ship? Thank you

Have been doing DCL in Europe exclusively and have aways enjoyed but the prices are prohibive now compared to other lines and with the mostly 7 day cruises we are ready to extend to longer cruises. Which cruise lines would anyone recommend?

We started cruising in 2000 to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary, on the Disney Magic. Loved it. We have cruised several Carnival and Royal Caribbean ships, also a couple other Disney Magic and Wonder cruises. Our last cruise was a 10-night Celebrity Silhouette, which has been our favorite of all. We haven’t done a Carnival cruise in several years, for us too many kids, too many drunks, and the food has gone downhill. We are planning an Alaska trip for our 50th, just not sure if it will be a cruise or land trip. Have fun on your first cruise no matter what line you choose.

We've been to Alaska with Holland America several times. The naturalists onboard have been amazing. We had a whale expert last year who was topnotch.
Shoulder seasons there are mostly older people onboard. Summer there are lots of families.
None of the cruise lines can offer real party cruises in Alaska because there are a lot of rules up there about noise to protect the wildlife. No loud deck parties.

All in all, being in Alaska is just really special -- no matter the ship.

which European cruise and which ship? Thank you
It was RCCL Enchantment. We originally booked on a different ship, but then they had to change ships because of some new law in Europe or something. By that time we had our airfare and tours booked, so stayed with this ship.

We went to Italy, Greece and Turkey. The ports were fabulous and we had a great time. Just was not impressed with the ship at all.

My parents are in their 70s, take several cruises per year, and have cruised Alaska 3x. For Alaska, they've always gone with Royal Caribbean (same for Europe). They aren't fans of Norwegian and find the crowd on Holland America to be too old...again, they're in their 70s. They do really like Princess and are seeing more families cruising them these days, but still think the average passenger is quite a bit older than Royal. They're also fans of Celebrity, but I don't think they've gone with them for anything outside of the Caribbean and South America.

We started cruising in 2000 to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary, on the Disney Magic. Loved it. We have cruised several Carnival and Royal Caribbean ships, also a couple other Disney Magic and Wonder cruises. Our last cruise was a 10-night Celebrity Silhouette, which has been our favorite of all. We haven’t done a Carnival cruise in several years, for us too many kids, too many drunks, and the food has gone downhill. We are planning an Alaska trip for our 50th, just not sure if it will be a cruise or land trip. Have fun on your first cruise no matter what line you choose.
We’ve sailed all the mainstream lines except Disney; just could never justify the price of it for us. We still choose Royal Caribbean, NCL or sometimes Carnival, because we like the jazzier features (water slides, ropes courses, bowling alleys, 3-D movies, ice shows, escape rooms, etc.). More recently we’ve done several Princess cruises with friends (their choice line) but find them just too “snoozy” activity-wise, for our taste. Celebrity too. And Holland America is out of the question.

I do recommend every single one of them though, to different people, for various reasons. I love to research travel, particularly cruises, and lots of people ask.

We’ve sailed all the mainstream lines except Disney; just could never justify the price of it for us. We still choose Royal Caribbean, NCL or sometimes Carnival, because we like the jazzier features (water slides, ropes courses, bowling alleys, 3-D movies, ice shows, escape rooms, etc.). More recently we’ve done several Princess cruises with friends (their choice line) but find them just too “snoozy” activity-wise, for our taste. Celebrity too. And Holland America is out of the question.

I do recommend every single one of them though, to different people, for various reasons. I love to research travel, particularly cruises, and lots of people ask.
I love the ice shows on Royal, our favorite Royal cruise was Oasis of the Seas. Loved the central park. We did quite a few Carnival cruises, the price is always great. I’d love to do a Celebrity Christmas cruise. Just wish we could afford to cruise more often, prices have greatly increased since the pandemic unfortunately. You said you found Princess too snoozy activity wise, isn’t it great there are so many different cruise lines to choose from, for all types of people🙂. I’d kind of like to try a Virgin cruise, since they are adults only, but think that at 66 years old we might be the oldest on board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter