What constitutes politically correct???

Part of the problem with US culture is that we have tended to retreat into what I call "echo chambers". We only have friends who believe as we do. We only watch TV networks that enforce our beliefs. We only read books and newspapers that support our beliefs. We only listen to music that sounds like us. When we do that, we rob ourselves of wonderful opportunities to grow and to learn.
This should be imprinted on the ballots next year, both for the primaries and the general election.

A perfect example of political correctness is Disney having caved in to PETA's complaints about the mistreatment and mutilation of Beavers. Which is why they do not sell Beaver Tails at the Canada Pavilion any more.

kopfpatsch.gif
Please tell me you are kidding. You are kidding right? But then again I wouldn't be surprised if you aren't kidding. Are you kidding?

CF was not so much "kidding" as projecting what would have been a neat argument to support that side of the discussion, assuming it actually was true. ;)

:thumbsup2 I always wonder why I *should* be offended by someone wishing me well? :confused3 Doesn't really matter if I don't celebrate what they do, the point is they are offering me what they believe to be a good wish/blessing/etc. How can that be bad? I look at it less as being about me, and more from the perspective of the source....its an attempt to share goodwill. Pity more people don't try......

I agree with this. I'm not going to get offended if someone says "Bless you" if I sneeze, or if someone tells me "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Solstice" or even "Happy Yule Lore". I definately don't get offended if a person, male or female, holds a door open for me. I'm not going to get offended if a person tells me that they "will pray for me" when they find out my beliefs, I tend to think 'Thanks and good luck with that'. I feel that PC-ness is out of control here and people need to lighten up and take things with a grain of salt. Hope I didn't offend people that are watching their salt intake with that last comment. :rolleyes1

kopfpatsch.gif
Please tell me you are kidding. You are kidding right? But then again I wouldn't be surprised if you aren't kidding. Are you kidding?
Many years ago, before Le Cellier was a steakhouse, they had a signature dish on the menu: Chicken and meatball stew.

After they converted to being a steakhouse and that dish was no longer available, Judy and I would nicely harass the CMs working the Beaver Tail kiosk by asking: "Now that they don't serve the Chicken and Meatball Stew, what do they do with the rest of the beavers?"

Yes, we were aware that the Beaver Tails are actually fried dough, but it was fun to see the reactions to that question. Likewise, what I said in my original post was completely made up, but it was intended to be so far out of line as to be a perfect example of PC.

I agree with this. I'm not going to get offended if someone says "Bless you" if I sneeze, or if someone tells me "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Solstice" or even "Happy Yule Lore". I definately don't get offended if a person, male or female, holds a door open for me. I'm not going to get offended if a person tells me that they "will pray for me" when they find out my beliefs, I tend to think 'Thanks and good luck with that'. I feel that PC-ness is out of control here and people need to lighten up and take things with a grain of salt. Hope I didn't offend people that are watching their salt intake with that last comment. :rolleyes1

Well said.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter