What can one do for the few ques that are really closed in/claustrophobia triggering?

Thanks everyone! I think I’ll see about getting one for that kind of situation. If it gets to be too much, I’ll get a cast member to get me out. Just thinking about that enclosed line w low ceilings makes me feel like I did when I forgot about my claustrophobia and took a cave tour! Dear lord!! I can’t imagine what I was thinking! That was HORRIBLE! I still have PTSD from that.
You can skip the stretching room!!! I did that at my most recent trip. As for ROTR most of the hallways have visible beginnings and endings (far better than Hagrids!!!!). With that said our most recent trip we were stopped for 1.5 hrs in one of the skinny cave sections but thankfully close by was an open spot and the people in front of us let me stand there with space around me.
I do recall the CM asking me if I wanted to skip that room last time. Though then, it was because I’m in a wheelchair and it’s concerning. But yes, that room has ALWAYS been hard for me. Sometimes I hold on to hubby w a death grip and close my eyes. The relief I feel when that door finally opens!

You can ASK to skip the stretching room, but there is by far no guarantee that the CM will say yes. It’s not safe for me to go through because of my eyesight (especially in the area that leads from the stretching room to the load area, which is a pandemonium of guests milling around in the pitch dark, including children running around pell-mell). I’ve walked into walls, been knocked down and stepped on, and generally shoved around. I’ve had CM’s lie to my face and say that there’s no physical way to get in without going through the stretching room. I’ve had others simply turn and walk away from me while I was in the middle of asking. My personal theory is that they assign all the CMs with bad attitudes and poor customer service skills to the Mansion, hoping that the way they act will just come off as “spooky.”

I’ve gotten more help in the HM from other guests than from the CM’s.

I’m not saying this to be negative, or to discourage you from trying. You absolutely should try. I just don’t want anyone to go through the same thing I did the first time, when I expected that all I’d have to do was ask and it would automatically happen, and I got blindsided.

Not a direct answer but i second the “bubble” suggestion. My husband and I took our unvaccinated kids last April and when in queues we “bubbled” them in the middle of us. I took the front and he’s large and tall so he created the rear barrier. I waited extra long to move up, etc. I don’t know if it was necessary but it made us feel better!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter