What brand of dishwasher do you have and do you love it?

We had a whirlpool gold. It was awful. Didn't clean well and then the intake valve got stuck open and it flooded our kitchen.

We now have an electrolux. I love the way it cleans but I'm not crazy about the controls. Sometimes it hard to tell if it knows you've pressed something or not. I don't like digital controls but I think they are all going to that now.

Love my Bosch

& we got a great deal on one of their lower end models through the Sears Appliance Outlet. It was heavily discounted and missing 1 rubber foot, which I was able to order online for less than $2

It's good to see that so many people have had good luck with Bosch. My parents have had nothing but trouble with theirs. They only had it for about three years and decided to pitch it.
They had a terrible time with their stove too. The oven door wouldn't stay closed. Bosch said they knew of the issue, but they wouldn't repair it! My dad added a lock to the front of the oven door. It's ridiculous that they had to do that.
I recently got a Samsung dishwasher. It's taken some getting used to as far as loading it. My old dishwasher had wider "rows."
It cleans very well and is very quiet, but like a previous poster mentioned, each cycle takes a long time to finish.

Under no circumstances should you buy a Samsung. Ours died about 13 month after we got it. We were so disgusted that rather than repairing it, we bought a new one. Went with Kitchen Aid and so far, so good!

We have a Samsung as well, we got in 2013. In April this year the issues started, I would start a load and it would run 5 minutes and turn off, thankfully we purchased the extended warranty thru Lowes. The guy comes the first time and says the drain hose is the problem, sure but that didn't work, comes again and says its our garbage disposal. I call a plumber have to put in new disposal and the dishwasher still doesn't work. I was so frustrated. Dishwasher guy comes back and has to replace the whole board, who knows how long it will hold up now. I have 2 more years on the service contract left, then I am sure I will have to replace it. So I agree don't get a Samsung.

On the subject of Samsung - when we bought our appliances, the sales person at the appliance store told us that Samsung appliances (not TVs) are terrible to fix. Apparently everything has to come from Korea so it takes forever to get parts. The store was an authorized repair center for Samsung and hated dealing with them. It reminds me of when I was a kid and people said you shouldn't buy foreign cars because it was hard to get parts to fix them.

I have a Whirlpool and do not care for it. It does not do great job cleaning. DD and her husband had to get a dishwasher and I said not to get a Whirlpool. They researched and did anyway and now said they should have listened to me.

As far as a Bosch. I was all set to buy one but luckily took my Fiesta Ware plates with me to try them in the dishwasher. They didn't fit. They were too thick for the slots. Better I discovered that before we bought it.

We have a Sumsung and love it. Sooo quiet. Easy to load. And everything comes out spotless.

I have a Samsung with stainless interior. It works well, but takes forever to do a load, even on Quick Load. Unlike the previous poster, ours has worked for over three years and still going (knock on wood). Our previous one was a GE.

We have a Samsung as well and it takes forever to do a load just like yours. It's never needed a repair and does a decent job for us as well.

We have a Bosch. It is about 2 years old, and I like it. It is very quiet, no problems with the dishes not getting clean or anything like that. It doesn't hold as much as our previous dishwasher did (that was an 18-yo KitchenAid), but none of the dishwashers we looked at did.

When we built our house 12 years ago we had a Whirlpool dishwasher -- fairly basic model. We figured we'd upgrade in a few years. It worked great for 8 years or so. In fact, it still worked great when we got ride of it but a lot of "little" things were broken on it (the door latch, the soap dispenser latch, several tines, etc.). We replaced it with a high-end Samsung that I loved. I didn't realize how "bad" our Whirlpool was until I got the Samsung. The Samsung had so much more flexibility and was much quieter. It was great...for 8 months. Then it would stop running after about 10 minutes and give us an error code that there was a leak. No water on the floor anywhere and we even pulled the whole dishwasher out -- no water anywhere. Called Samsung repair (the closest service rep was 1.5 hours away....and I don't live in the middle of nowhere). He came out...3 weeks later...couldn't find a leak. Said it was a circuit board problem. Replaced the whole circuit board. Worked great....for 4 months. Started having another leaking issue in the garbage disposal. No longer under warranty so my husband did a little research and was able to buy the part online and repaired it himself. Total cost was about $15. No big deal except that it took 3 weeks for the part to come in and took a good hour to repair. Worked great....for a month. Same problem. Another 3 weeks and $30 (ordered 2 this time). Worked great...for a few weeks. Repaired again. Worked about 2 weeks. Finally decided to get rid of it even though it was only 1.5 years old. Bought a Bosch 800 series. Love it. Haven't had any issues with it at all in the 2 years we've owned it. I don't think I will ever purchase another brand. That third drawer for large utensils is AWESOME as is the fact that it's nearly silent and we only know it's running because the red light shines on the floor. *EVERYTHING* gets clean in it....even oatmeal spoons and peanut butter knives. And I love that my big pots and pans fit in it and get clean...but it is also gentle enough for washing stemware. My sister has a very basic/low end Bosch and she thinks it's the best dishwasher she's ever owned as well. Many people think they can't afford a Bosch and while the high-end models can cost over $1,000, their low-end models are often on sale for less than $400.

Last edited:
We have a Miele. It's great! Dishes are very clean, it is quieter than a microwave. We have giant 12" Le Crueset plates and they fit in there fine. I love the top rack cutlery drawer.

I have a Bosch, year old. I really like it. It washes really well and is incredibly quiet. But drying? Nope, it doesn't. I have to use the sanitize cycle, then leave it closed for a few hours.
Evidently they don't have heater units, and use condensation to dry. Very efficient, but I find myself drying some things by hand.

Wow, never happened once with mine ?!

We have a Bosch and love it. It's so quiet that you have to stand by it for a moment and listen to see whether or not it's running. I'll agree that it could use some help with drying, but to be honest it's usually the depression in the bottom of tea mugs that still has some standing water in it. Anything that's not shaped to hold water is dry.

Had 2 Kenmore elites. They didn't clean well and one died so I replaced both. We know have two kitchenaid dishwashers and we are happy with them. Very quiet like some Bosch models.

I have a Bosch, year old. I really like it. It washes really well and is incredibly quiet. But drying? Nope, it doesn't. I have to use the sanitize cycle, then leave it closed for a few hours.
Evidently they don't have heater units, and use condensation to dry. Very efficient, but I find myself drying some things by hand.

The heating is done in a separate chamber in the back rather than in the wash tub. The advantage is you don't have to worry about plastics on the bottom shelf. But the drawback is the racks are smaller as a result and it doesn't use the element to aid drying.

The heating is done in a separate chamber in the back rather than in the wash tub. The advantage is you don't have to worry about plastics on the bottom shelf. But the drawback is the racks are smaller as a result and it doesn't use the element to aid drying.

I don't think all the Bosch models have that feature. I know my Samsung dishwasher had that feature but it was in the door and didn't really invade any of the actual interior space of the dishwasher. When I got my Bosch, the instructions indicated that there is no heated drying element/motor/fan and the unit is designed to hold the heat from the wash/rinse cycles in the stainless steel walls of the tub. I do remember seeing some models with smaller racks, but the model I have definitely doesn't have those. When we bought it, the salesman told me to wash the dishes at night and not open the dishwasher until morning and then everything should be dry and I've found that to be true. The only problems I have with things not getting completely dry is when -- like a PP mentioned -- there is an indentation on the bottom of the cup, mug, or dish and water pools there. If I have a few pots and pans in the dishwasher things tend to dry *really* well because they hold the heat longer than my every day dishes, glasses, and cups. The only time I have a problem is when I wash a lot of plastic items in one load -- and that makes sense as plastic inherently doesn't dry well and it certainly doesn't hold the heat and help to prolong the "drying" cycle.

Bosch. Probably the low end model. It's very quiet but I don't think it does a great job.

I don't think all the Bosch models have that feature.

Not all. However, all the models available to me at the time we bought had the smaller loading baskets. It's not all that much, but for us, that small amount was critical. Shame too because we liked that third rack for spatulas and serving spoons and the like and Bosch was the only ones that had that at the time. But regardless, they all do have a heating unit somewhere even though they don't have the element in the tub. If you saw the unit, you'd probably say, "THAT is their SPECIAL heating chamber?" But it works and it works more efficiently than the element in the tub. The drawback is drying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter