What brand of dishwasher do you have and do you love it?

I get the first Bosch model that has the red light indicator on the floor. I used to think it was a gimmick, but there are many times where you truly can't tell the dishwasher is in the middle of a cycle and that light lets you know.

Can't say that I "love" any of my appliances, tho I do appreciate my air conditioner! Our Kitchen Aid is the best dishwasher we've had.

Not all. However, all the models available to me at the time we bought had the smaller loading baskets. It's not all that much, but for us, that small amount was critical. Shame too because we liked that third rack for spatulas and serving spoons and the like and Bosch was the only ones that had that at the time. But regardless, they all do have a heating unit somewhere even though they don't have the element in the tub. If you saw the unit, you'd probably say, "THAT is their SPECIAL heating chamber?" But it works and it works more efficiently than the element in the tub. The drawback is drying.

I've seen the models with that small heating chamber...like I said, my Samsung had it in the door where it didn't infringe on the capacity and when we were looking at Bosch dishwashers I saw the models that had those. I was just simply pointing out that the Bosch model *I* have (800 series) does not have any type of heated dry cycle which reduces the operating costs. The only heater in the unit is an inline water heater. This model holds the heat from the hot water in the stainless steel walls and items in the dishwasher to perform the "drying" cycle. That's why it's best not to open it for a few hours after the washing cycle is complete. I realize not all Bosch models are like that, I was just mentioning it for other people reading this thread who might be considering an eco-friendly Bosch model. :)

Bosch also. Love it! It's about 7 years old and no problems yet. I love that it will sense a water level drop and stop the cycle if it senses a leak. It's totally quiet and everything caked on gets cleaned. No pre-washing or rinsing, just throw it in there. Ours is a basic model, but it still does a great job. There is usually a little water left in tupperware type cups if there is a depression facing up, but I just open the door and let it dry before putting it away. Metal and ceramic items dry fine.

well we went today and bought the Bosch. It was actually less expensive than the Kitchenaid we had looked at.

I have the model year 1947 Male Help-Around-The-House dishwasher and yes, I do love it.... It does break down frequently, but a session on the couch watching NFL football always kick-starts it again.

I had 3 much newer versions but they all stopped working and decided they needed to go to college. Priorities are all messed up. Darn dishes aren't gonna wash themselves now.

I don't think all the Bosch models have that feature. I know my Samsung dishwasher had that feature but it was in the door and didn't really invade any of the actual interior space of the dishwasher. When I got my Bosch, the instructions indicated that there is no heated drying element/motor/fan and the unit is designed to hold the heat from the wash/rinse cycles in the stainless steel walls of the tub. I do remember seeing some models with smaller racks, but the model I have definitely doesn't have those. When we bought it, the salesman told me to wash the dishes at night and not open the dishwasher until morning and then everything should be dry and I've found that to be true. The only problems I have with things not getting completely dry is when -- like a PP mentioned -- there is an indentation on the bottom of the cup, mug, or dish and water pools there. If I have a few pots and pans in the dishwasher things tend to dry *really* well because they hold the heat longer than my every day dishes, glasses, and cups. The only time I have a problem is when I wash a lot of plastic items in one load -- and that makes sense as plastic inherently doesn't dry well and it certainly doesn't hold the heat and help to prolong the "drying" cycle.
That would work quite well if my dh wasn't so OCD....he just has to empty the dishwasher before bed!!!! I've got to break him of that habit. It does dry nicely if I leave the stuff in there for a few hours.

I get the first Bosch model that has the red light indicator on the floor. I used to think it was a gimmick, but there are many times where you truly can't tell the dishwasher is in the middle of a cycle and that light lets you know.
Tell me about it!!! It's crazy quiet!

That would work quite well if my dh wasn't so OCD....he just has to empty the dishwasher before bed!!!! I've got to break him of that habit. It does dry nicely if I leave the stuff in there for a few hours.

My OCD prompts me to empty it first thing in the morning. :-D

I have a Whirlpool and do not care for it. It does not do great job cleaning. DD and her husband had to get a dishwasher and I said not to get a Whirlpool. They researched and did anyway and now said they should have listened to me.

As far as a Bosch. I was all set to buy one but luckily took my Fiesta Ware plates with me to try them in the dishwasher. They didn't fit. They were too thick for the slots. Better I discovered that before we bought it.

If you're in the market for a dishwasher you may want to try other Bosch models. That isn't something we even considered before replacing our dishwasher. We ONLY have Fiestaware for plates, bowls, glasses, baking pieces. etc. Not an issue in the 2-3 years we've had the d/wer.

Have a whirlpool, super quiet 5 years old never had a issue with it,

I have a Bosch and hate it. It doesn't dry and my dishes / utensils don't always come out spotless.

I like my dishes to leave the dishwasher perfectly dry to the touch and shiny clean.

We have a Miele and love it. Better still, all we paid for the dishwasher and installation was a slab of beer - my mum's best friend sold her house and it was going to be demolished so was allowed to remove anything and offered us the almost new dishwasher, plus her plumber husband installed it!

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter