What book are you currently reading?

I just finished Sidney Sheldon's "Are you afraid of the Dark". I love his books. This was pretty good but not a lot of twists- just one big one at the end.

I'd recommend it. It took me three days to read.

The first three "A Series Of Unfortunate Events" books rolled into one book.

I'm reading Helen Fielding's 'Bridget Jones's Diary' at the moment :teeth:

"the Saudis" by Sandra Mackey. It's about the growth & change in the Saudi nation during the oil boom. It is really fascinating--if you're a nerd, like me. It's very journalistic, like reading Newsweek. Unlike that other so-called nonfiction series about the Saudi pincess, Sultana(gag me!)

With another school year winding s-l-o-w-l-y down, I am able to read more. Right now I just finished The Time Traveler's Wife, and am now reading Seizure by Robin Cook and Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. I'm also planning on reading the other 4 HP books before the HBP comes out on July 16. I needed to finally find the time to read them all in succession. The release of HBP has been the spark to get me going.

And, yes, everybody, Harry Potter is not just for kid's aged 9-12. Many adults of all ages are enjoying the series. That's the way it is with classic books.

:cheer2: READ READ READ READ READ READ READ :cheer2:

Dana49 said:
I'm just finishing Harlan Coben's new book, "The Innocent." It's a fantastic mystery that I highly recommend. Enjoy! :)
Great Book, read it on the way home on the bus from Disney. :teeth:

I just finished reading "Bloodsucking Fiends" by Christopher Moore and right before that I read "Lamb" by him.
Now I'm reading "The Lovely Bones" by Alice Sebold.

Just about to start reading Along Came a Spider by James Patterson.

Marilyn Monroe- the Biography by Donald Spoto

I don't agree with his theory on how Marilyn died (I believe the Kennedys killed her) but otherwise it's a thorough, well-documented read. Never gets old for me. :)

"Couldn't keep it to myself" by Wally Lamb and the women of York Correctional Institute. Lamb has taught writing to a group of women prisoners at York for the past several years. In this book, several of the women write about portions of their life. Very moving.

Poohbear123 said:
Great Book, read it on the way home on the bus from Disney. :teeth:
It's one of the best books that I've read in a long time. If anyone likes mysteries, it's definitely a must-read. :sunny:

a good yarn by debbie macomber
its the sequel to The Shop On Blossom Street

I just finished "The Ocean Between Us" by Susan Wiggs. I am waiting for 3 other books by her from www.frugalreader.com. A great way to read books, btw!
I am also very anxiously awaiting the next book by Karen Kingsbury called Fame, it is a continuation of her "Redemption" series - excellent books.

DVC Liz- :wave2:

No, I haven't read the Secret Life of Bees, but I have it on my bookshelf. I have been told that it is a good one.

As for Little Children-The ending happened too quickly. I was reading and all of a sudden it was over. I was laughing out loud at some of the playground discussion in the beginning, and I don't think I actually laughed again during that book. I am not sorry I took the time to read it, I think the ending could have been better-I never felt "closure" with the book.

I also recently read The Curious Incident of the Dog at Nighttime. I enjoyed reading how an autistic child thinks.

Karen

KarenB said:
DVC Liz- :wave2:

No, I haven't read the Secret Life of Bees, but I have it on my bookshelf. I have been told that it is a good one.

As for Little Children-The ending happened too quickly. I was reading and all of a sudden it was over. I was laughing out loud at some of the playground discussion in the beginning, and I don't think I actually laughed again during that book. I am not sorry I took the time to read it, I think the ending could have been better-I never felt "closure" with the book.

I also recently read The Curious Incident of the Dog at Nighttime. I enjoyed reading how an autistic child thinks.

Karen
Oh, we have the same taste in books - I LOVED The Curious Incident too!!! I thought it was an amazing book. Read The Secret Life of Bees - you'll like it. Have you read The Time Traveler's Wife? Someone else on this thread mentioned it - a fantastic book!!!!

I just finished The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. I started reading The Curious incident of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon this afternoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter