What are your Optimals??

Flamingeaux

If I am posting I am at home dreaming about Disney
What are your optimal ways to experience things at WDW??? By this I mean - I think the best way to ride Astro Orbiter is at night. Or you like to eat at lunch at BoG around 2:00 because it is not as crowded and you can sit in the Rose Room in peace.

Recently we have been trying out new ways to do things and we are finding little changes can make a big difference. One recent example is we sat on the front row at CoP and it was more enjoyable. You can really see the little details better up close.

Neat concept.

We must have a nice day when visiting our favorite park, Animal Kingdom.
And our visits to Disney Springs are always during the week, and mid day

Big Thunder Mountain and Expedition Everest at night
Soarin only in the middle section
Astro Orbiter during fireworks!

We were on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (just by chance) once during the fireworks! That was truly amazing, so we try to time that again on every trip but so far, no such luck. Still riding BTM at night is great!

Nighttime at the parks, across the board. Pandora at night, Big Thunder at night, Splash at night, People mover both day and night, strolling World Showcase at night! HAHA. The parks are amazing during the day... but they just truly come alive at night!

I'll probably add to this as ideas come to me, but here goes:

• Soarin, top row. Having people's feet hanging down in my field of vision spoils the illusion.
  • SDD, toward the back. Better view of something other than the dog's head.

Neat idea, especially for those that visit often. We really don't have any "optimals", we are non-planners, so we just follow our fancy. We'll try all different things, such as spots on rides, to see how it alters the experience...if any.

One thing that was fun was doing Splash during fireworks. First, it's a walk on, so no wait. Second, if you time it right, you can see fireworks just as you're cresting the final hill. You only have a moment or two to see it before you drop, but the view is amazing.

Big Thunder Mountain and Expedition Everest at night
Soarin only in the middle section
Astro Orbiter during fireworks!

Our first time ever on AO was during the fireworks!!! It was magical.

An odd one that we'll probably never recreate, but was a result of Christmas-week extended hours and EMH:

Pandora at 7am in the rising fog, with just after sunrise sun. Seeing the floating mountains literally made you stop and say "wow" aloud.

Never get in a QS line again! Mobile ordering only for us. If there is a line and mobile ordering is not an option we will skip it. Funny to see people in line for 20 minutes to get a Dole Whip when it can be mobile ordered with almost no wait at all!

Nighttime at the parks, across the board. Pandora at night, Big Thunder at night, Splash at night, People mover both day and night, strolling World Showcase at night! HAHA. The parks are amazing during the day... but they just truly come alive at night!

Same here! If they could just flip the parks hours to last all night for the time we're there, I'd be so happy!

World Showcase at night for sure. I also enjoy Fronteirland in the early morning hours. Maybe that is because we RD BTMRR so often that it puts me in a nostalgic mood.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter