What Are You Reading Right Now? Part II (Incomplete book list in 1st post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just finishing Rush Home Road...what a great book. The story and the characters are just awesome. I hate to finish it:guilty: I thought the Kitchen House was one of the best books I ever read but I think this one is better

I'm still reading it. I've been working on it awhile. I just haven't had time to read much, but I plan to finish it this week. I agree, it has been great. Have you read Lansen's A Wife's Tale? That was good too.

I haven't posted on here in ages because I was making my way slowly through the Game of Thrones series, which I absolutely loved. I read them slowly though because I didn't want book 5 to be the end until the next one comes out.

After that I read A Stolen Life by Jaycee Dugard.

I then read The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern which I really enjoyed.

Then I read The Mill River Recluse by Darcy Chan which I didn't enjoy.

I then read The Dummy Line by Bobby Cole which was a fast read. It wasn't that well written but the story was fast and I couldn't wait to see what happened.

I finished, My Sister's Keeper. I thought it was very good. Haunting like, Rush Home Road. I was surprised and (further) saddened by the ending. It is a really sad tale to begin with, but thought provoking. I give it two thumbs up.

I just finished "Wendy and the Lost Boys" by Julie Salamon.

It is a biography of playwright Wendy Wasserstein.
Not the type of book I usually read but it was very interesting.

Since I last posted here I've read, "The Princess Diaries", which I enjoyed, "The Autobiography of Santa Claus", not as good as I remember, but still enjoyable, "The Cinderella Hour", which I loved (great mystery!!!), and "How Mrs. Claus Saved Christmas", which I really liked.

Currently, I'm reading "The Used World" by Haven Kimmel. It's tough going, right now, as she's setting the stage, but I see glimmers of a good story line shining through. I really liked her non-fiction "A Girl Named Zippy", and "She Got Up Off the Couch," so I'm hoping to like this one, as well.

I am on the 3rd book of the "Tales of the City" Series by Armistead Maupin.

Here is the order:

Tales of the City (1978)
More Tales of the City (1980)
Further Tales of the City (1982)
Babycakes (1984)
Significant Others (1987)
Sure of You (1989)
Michael Tolliver Lives (2007)
Mary Ann in Autumn (2010)

On the bus this morning, I finished "Wishin' and Hopin'" by Wally Lamb. If you like "A Christmas Story" with Ralphie and the Red Ryder BB Gun, you'll love this! :thumbsup2 About a 5th grade boy who goes to Catholic school in 1964.

On the bus this morning, I finished "Wishin' and Hopin'" by Wally Lamb. If you like "A Christmas Story" with Ralphie and the Red Ryder BB Gun, you'll love this! :thumbsup2 About a 5th grade boy who goes to Catholic school in 1964.

Thanks for recommending Wishin and Hopin. I have read several books by Wally Lamb. I'll definitely keep it in mind.

I'm going to start, Woman in a Black Dress, I think is the title. It's a scary story recommended on this thread. I have another about ghost stories too. I have them a few days but wanted to finish My Sister's Keeper first.

I just finished World War Z. I have no idea how they're going to turn that book into a movie but Brad Pitt is starring in it!

Currently about halfway through Beauty Queens by Libba Bray.

My aunt loaned me the last few books in James Patterson's Women's Murder Club series. Then she told me she wanted them back on Saturday so I've been doing a marathon! Good thing they are very fast reads!

This sounds like something I might like. I will have to check it out for a holiday read next month.

I finally finished Rush Home Road, I would give it 5 out of 5 stars. It's fantastic. I enjoyed every bit of it.

I just started The Help. I know I'm probably one of a few who hasn't read it yet, but the wait at the library was crazy long.

Has anyone read The Art of Racing in the Rain? Someone recommended it to me recently and was curious if anyone here had read it.

Have a good weekend.

Since I last posted here I've read, "The Princess Diaries", which I enjoyed, "The Autobiography of Santa Claus", not as good as I remember, but still enjoyable, "The Cinderella Hour", which I loved (great mystery!!!), and "How Mrs. Claus Saved Christmas", which I really liked.

I love The Princess Diaries.

Right now I'm reading Wicked Witch Murder-I started it a few weeks ago thinking it would be good for Halloween but haven't finished it yet. :rolleyes1: I read a few chapters yesterday and it's pretty good. I'm not usually into mysteries but I'm tempted to try another one when I finish this one.

I finished 'Just the way you are' by Barbara Freethy. I liked it! The story had heart and the plot was really well-written. My only drawback was one of the characters kept constantly picking a fight with everyone but then again the whole story really wrapped around why she was always nitpicking at everything.

Has anyone read The Art of Racing in the Rain? Someone recommended it to me recently and was curious if anyone here had read it.

Have a good weekend.

This was our work book club pick a few months ago. We all enjoyed it - a good dog story.

Hannah's List by Debbie Macomber. It started out slow for me, then got interesting and was concluded just too quick like the author had gotten tired of the book.

Have a good weekend.

I read this last month and loved it. It is told through the perspective of the dog and has an interesting theme. :goodvibes

I just started "The Best of Me" by Nicholas Sparks.

I'm reading this as well. So far I'm really not enjoying it.

And another strong :thumbsup2 for The Art of Racing in the Rain. I listened to the audiobook and enjoyed every second of it.

This sounds like something I might like. I will have to check it out for a holiday read next month.

I finally finished Rush Home Road, I would give it 5 out of 5 stars. It's fantastic. I enjoyed every bit of it.

I just started The Help. I know I'm probably one of a few who hasn't read it yet, but the wait at the library was crazy long.

Have a good weekend.

I just finished Art of Racing in the Rain. It was a very sweet book. If you are a dog lover (like me), you will love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter