What are you currently excited about?

Definitely going to see a show, tossing up between Aladdin, Lion King and Matilda. Would appreciate any tips, girls are 10 & 7.
I saw the Lion King maybe 15 yrs ago in Toronto. Don't know if they have tweaked the show since then but it was gorgeous. A must do. I also took my Mom that weekend to see Mamma Mia (ABBA) & we actually preferred it because of the audience participation. Doubt if MM is playing in NYC but if you ever get a chance to see it, jump for the tickets. All the best & safe travels!

I saw the Lion King maybe 15 yrs ago in Toronto. Don't know if they have tweaked the show since then but it was gorgeous. A must do. I also took my Mom that weekend to see Mamma Mia (ABBA) & we actually preferred it because of the audience participation. Doubt if MM is playing in NYC but if you ever get a chance to see it, jump for the tickets. All the best & safe travels!
I saw LK several times years ago, took a few friends celebrating birthdays to see it too, as their present. It was definitely spectacular. One time I took one friend for her 50th, and another for "just" a birthday. :) Couldn't afford 3 orchestra seats, so gave that 1 to the 50th celebrator, and my other friend and I sat (I think) mezzanine. I also made sure 50th was right on the aisle, due to the procession that takes place right past you there. She sat there slack jawed, so I was pleased. :)

I know MM was in fact playing in NYC, don't know about now. I personally never wanted to see it, because I cannot STAND Abba, and everything they sing always sounded alike to me. Sorry Sam. :o

Thanks for that. It's looking likely to be Matilda - Aladdin is finishing this month and the cheapest LK tickets while we are there are $150 EACH! That's close to a thousand of my dollars... the kids love Roald Dahl books so Matilda should be fun. Mrs McN and I went to Wicked when there in 2014, was amazing.

I also heard today I might be going to Florence for work for a week. :cool1:

I'm going to be working at Howl O Scream, IDK if tourist know what it is but it's Busch gardens hhn. Universal is too far of a drive to even consider auditioning for them.

Definitely going to see a show, tossing up between Aladdin, Lion King and Matilda. Would appreciate any tips, girls are 10 & 7.

We saw Aladdin last year with my (at the time) 6 year old daughter and really loved it. James Monroe Iglehart is amazing as the Genie - it is a really fun show

I think The Lion King is probably the better production but Aladdin was really fun. Both are great though

haven't seen Matilda

For Broadway tickets, don't be afraid to take the "cheap" seats instead of orchestra seats. Most of the theaters are so small an compact that there really aren't any horrible seats. Also, seats to the left or right can be cheaper than seats in the center. Also, if you work for any type of big company, see if your benefits department connects you with some type of discount program. I could save about $30/ticket for Aladdin through my part-time job. The only negative was that I couldn't choose my seats. It was "best available" which I didn't want to do.

Thanks for that. It's looking likely to be Matilda - Aladdin is finishing this month and the cheapest LK tickets while we are there are $150 EACH! That's close to a thousand of my dollars... the kids love Roald Dahl books so Matilda should be fun. Mrs McN and I went to Wicked when there in 2014, was amazing.
I also heard today I might be going to Florence for work for a week. :cool1:

Matilda is a blast! We were lucky enough to see it a couple of years ago.

If you go to Florence, send us pics! So lucky!

What I'm excited about, and this is so mundane...finding the Disney pictures from our first trip. I thought I'd lost the disk I put them on (well, flash drive, but I remember the 5 1/4" floppies...they'll always be disks to me!)

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter