What are the stupid things you worry about while planning your trip?

Glad to see I'm not the only one ... :cloud9:

I share all your sickness/weather/DH/reservation problems anxieties ... and also worry about my dad's health (my parents are going with us, and dad has health problems. just want DD to enjoy a character breakfast with him before it's too late ...) Since I'm the driver I worry about that, especially since we're heading home over Memorial Day weekend.

ALSO - does anyone else have nightmares? I started getting them a month or so before our last trip in 2010. This past weekend I had my first one for our May trip. ((For those of you who want to know just how crazy I am ... I dreamt that we "forgot" to go to Epcot on our first day there, which caused us to miss our Chip & Dale dinner, and we got charged anyway, and DD was terribly upset - she's dying to meet C&D this year!))

So am I the only one with crazy Disney dreams????

I'm the planner & worrier in my house.

I worry:

If DH & DD will like the plans & adrs I made
If something happens at DH's work & he can't go
If some one could get sick, I make double sure everyone is washin their hands before & during trip
If a hurricane comes, we had to postpone one trip because one hit where we live before
If our DS20 will be okay alone, he doesn't like Disney, crazy
If our dogs will be okay, they're old
If we'll make it in one piece to the airport that's 3hrs away
If we'll get thru security without being touched
If the flight will be ok, our last trip the pilot accidentally announced that we needed to make an emergency landing, scaring everyone including the flight attendants who called the pit to find out what was up. It was a Cracked window shield. Not a fun time.
If the crowds will be too much for me, I have anxiety
If it'll be too hot
I relax once there for the most part
Then I start worrying all over again when it's time to leave

Maybe if I live at Disney & I'd be more relaxed

My recent trip (back home over two weeks now!) was my first WDW vacation, and I worried about so many things:
-anything that would prevent us from going on our trip
-missing my connection flight
-plane crash:scared1:
-losing DD in a crowd:scared:
-how to get from one attraction to another (being directionally challenged)
-fitting in all the attractions and rides that we wanted to accomplish in one day
-getting stuck on a ride:eek:
-losing or forgetting something important

Most of my fears went away once I got to WDW. They really do make everything easy for you. They are very helpful with providing information. Once I was there, I didn't have the anxiety of getting there. And DD stuck to me like glue. We felt very safe at WDW. And the parks are easy to navigate. And the rides and attractions we didn't get to…oh well, you don't miss what you don't know. We can go back some day and do those things we missed. It's all good. That's why I go on the Disboards. I've only been to WDW once, and already I'm nostalgic for it!:love:

I have 3 main worries for this trip. If you've got any advise, please chime in!

1. Leaving my 8 mos. old cat for a week. My mom or a petsitter will check/play with her once/twice a day, but I know she'll be really lonely. Can't leave her with my mom b/c she has a dog. I know kitty will be happier at home.

2. FL June heat! We had really warm temps here last week up to 83 degrees. I'm nervous that 10 more degrees and humidity will slow me down in the parks and make the trip less enjoyable, plus sunburn.

3. I hope we get seats together on our SW flight! On the return journey, we have 2 legs to the flight, so that means doing check ins twice the day before so we get good boarding pass numbers. Pain that we have to take time out of the trip to do this. I don't want to pay for early bird check in either.

4. I don't want a room facing the parking lot! Hope my request is met. I guess that is 4 worries but this one I could deal with.

One of the biggest things I worry about is if I will ever get there. Whenever I plan a Disney trip I am extra apprehensive because i am always changing plans and things come up and I have to change dates. By time the trip actually happens, even I'm surprised by our plans and I am the one who's planned the trip.

I am worried that DH will catch a stomach bug on day 2.....and then I will get it a few days later.......and I will toss my cookies into a garbage can in the middle of the Mexico Pavillion (and it will become a big mess).....and.........

oh......
wait........
that happened on our last trip.

:scared1:

Nevermind. I guess all I'm worried about for our upcoming Disneyland trip that the crazy early flights we booked are going to wipe us out for the entire trip (we aren't really morning people).

Let me just say:Yes,Yes,Yes and Yes. That's what I worry about too!
This is our first time driving so I worry about:
1. The car breaks down
2. We have a wreck
3. Google maps is wrong and it actually takes 48 hours of drive time instead of 24
4. I only budgeted for $5/gallon gas and its actually going to be $7/gallon.

We're staying off property this time so no dining plan and we're eating all of our meals at our resort (WBC):
1. My food budget is going to be blown.

My parents are going with us:
1. What if they're miserable, but insist on doing everything we're doing because they came to be with the grandkids.

Also along those lines:
1. What if I screw up the touring plans and somehow in 8 days at the parks (with PH) we don't get to see and do everything?

and here lately:
1. What if terrorists blow up the happiest place on earth?

I forgot to mention I worry to death about the "kids". I am no longer allowed to call and check on them. The one time I dropped the first cat off at a wonderful, clean, and well cared for cat place he yowled and I cried all the way home.....
:sad2:
now DH does drop offs and calls to check in. :thumbsup2

The comment by a previous poster about 'snakes in the lazy rivers' ????

-----no freakin' way am I doing one of those for a while- I hate snakes!
:surfweb:

I should admit while I am here that NO LUGGAGE sets foot in the room until I rip it part and check for bugs and clean the doors and surfaces of of the place.... DH knows the drill and wisely waits while I do my job. :rolleyes1
that way. we all win:goodvibes

missoverexcited from Manchester-:goodvibes

My bet is you have a stroller by the noon hour of the first day for the little ones.

Guaranteed:thumbsup2

I want everything to be perfect at Disney so there are so many things to worry about ...

Someone getting sick before/during our trip

Bad weather

Getting a bad room

The kids fighting and making us miserable

My husband not having fun and "getting it"

Not packing the right things

Some issue at home while we are gone.

And on and on!! We only get a few precious weeks of vacation each year and when you are spending thousands of dollars, you don't want anything to go wrong!! :scared:

Leaving in just over 5 weeks and right now I'm not too worried about things, but I do have a few smaller worries:

- something expensive happening between now and then (car trouble, etc.)

- me being wrong about park hours, EMH days, military tickets or something else that makes a huge difference in how we tour

- my boyfriend totally not getting my obsession and not agreeing to my "every other year at the very least, but preferably every year" rule

I almost always manage to catch a cold right before I leave, but now I'm in the habit of Zycamming it up about a week before the trip and also keep Excedrin and allergy meds with me in the parks.

I've also been having dreams about the trip in which we get down there and nobody else is interested in going to the parks except me. And, this is not the first time I've had these dreams before a trip.

Guess I'm worried about more than I thought. :rolleyes1

I was worried about the plans I made and apparently for good reason. We are going 4/1 - 4/8. I planned our ADRs a couple months ago including an 8am breakfast at Tusker House at Animal Kingdom and an 8am breakfast at Hollywood and Vine at Studios. They were both planned for 8am because we would finish before 9 and get out before the park opened at 9. Disney recently changed the hours for next week and now HS and AK are opening at 8 vice 9! I cancelled both of these reservations and ended up adding a Tusker House lunch and a Cape May breakfast on a planned 'easy-going' day.

I've been having nightmares since January when we decided the date for our trip!

What I've dreamed about so far:

-we didn't make in time for our flight.

-took a different flight and ended up in Argentina.

-Spaceship Earth exploding.

-my mom getting lost (this is an extreme worry of mine, since she doesn't speak English).

-trying to help a deaf person and being arrest for abuse.

-POFQ flooding after a tsunami.

-people discovering one of my dogs inside my suitcase.

:scared1: :laughing:
And oh, so many more. I can honestly say none of my dreams so far have been good ones, I just hope they are just that, dreams!

Thanks to everyone that faced their fears and added to this thread. Some I can relate to like:

-snakes
-losing your kids
-travel anxiety
-sickness

Some are new to me like:

-worrying about pets left at home
-dying on RnR

Hope everyone that is planning a trip was a wonderful trip and manages to avoid all the pitfalls mentioned in our worry thread. :grouphug:

well, we have now had quite a few "deaths " here at the hands of RnR.
IF that does happen in the next few months, all worry mouseketeers here will know it was one of our own.:scared:

:idea:
In that case, please be assured that at your
service/committal/cremation burning/whatever, somewhere on the planet Earth Amazing Grace will be playing. IF you have an alternative choice, please have your Dear _________ let us know.

On a side note, THANK YOUR HIGHER POWER today that you were NOT on the Jet Blue New York to Las Vega$ flight that diverted to Texas because the pilot lost his marbles, and the co-pilot locked him out of the cockpit, and took over the flight while passengers SUBDUED the pilot.

THIS IS NOT A JOKE- happened here in the States today. :scared1:

Haha, I had to laugh reading the RnR comments. I told my daughter the other day that when we go back I don't know if I can handle riding RnR again. I swear, the first five seconds of it are the worst feeling I have ever had (outside of labor lol)- like my insides are coming out. I just can't breathe it's so intense. Once I get past that, I'm ok. But the power you feel at the beginning is just ..... well... I don't know the exact word for it. :eek:

Nothing, I am finishing the legal aspects of my mother's death and sorting out getting the house with a new kitchen, boiler, bathroom and getting the garden sorted so the disney holiday preparations (got the pet sitting service sorted) is light relief.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter