What are the stupid things you worry about while planning your trip?

the biggest is that 1) we'll get a hurricane or bad weather all week. 2)that some random park hours will change and they'll add EMHs on days where I've planned an easy day at the park, throwing all my ADRs and touring plans out the window.

When we fly, I worry I will forget something that will not easily be obtained when we get there.

When we drive, I worry that something will go wrong on the way down or back with the car.

In the end, everything works out. Once I'm actually at Disney, no matter the transportation, I'm able to relax and have a GREAT time. I rarely think about anything going on at home, work, etc.

Oh, let's see.... I'm a natural worrier, so the list is numerous!

Something will happen on the way down or on the way back up (we drive).

Someone will get sick during the trip.

The weather will be bad - I almost prefer a one-day hurricane to an all-week rain event.

The hours will change or the EMHs will change.

Our room will be awful.

Something will happen before our trip, so we'll have to cancel.

If my DH convinces me to ride RnR w/ him, I will die on the ride.

For whatever reason, we won't get a good view of "Wishes" on our 1st night & last night.

And I'm sure there's more that I'm blocking from my mind right now! :dance3:

I worry that someone will get sick on vacation. Not just the sniffles or a mild cold but really sick.

I worry about wrecking the vehicle that we are going to drive down to WDW. Usually about a week or so before I drive that vehicle as little as possible. For some reson I don't worry that much about wrecking on the way down.

Well, not all that stupid since it could happen to me. I worry that I will get a bad migraine. This is especially worrisome just before my flight down or back.

I also still worry about terrorism.

I tend to be a worrier like Wendy31. Planning where to eat, what resort to stay at and hoping that I make the right decisions gives me a bit of anxiety - even though it's that good anxiety. We are leaving five weeks from today. I work in community health and see lots and lots of kids (many of them sick) all day. I clean my desk and work area constantly so I won't get sick before we leave. My anxiety about the flight down ususally starts a few days before but once we're at the airport I'm fine. As soon as we get to WDW life is different. No worries or concerns. (until I start thinking of the flight home...)

Bad weather, as we always go during hurricane season

Food poisoning

Plane crash

Dying on a ride (RnR, ToT, and Space Mountain immediately come to mind)

Forgetting something important (ie: meds)

Family tension (because there's always a family visit combined with WDW)

Many others ... too numerous to mention ;)

I am the worrier in the family, the planner, the take-this-just-in-case person. I try to plan (worry) for every possible scenario, and then I just leave it in God's hands. ;)

I'm worried I get sick... or worse that one of my kids gets sick just before or during the trip.
I'm also worried about breaking an arm or a leg.:scared1:

Currently I am worried about
1) We are getting the military special offer on tickets with the park hopper: but I am not sure the hopper means I can do and it may not be what I am thinking. (Iwant to do magic Kingdom 1/2 day Monday, Tuesday evening after AK and again Friday.
2) Does 4 days mean 4 consecutive days? We wanted to do Sea World on Thursday?
3) DD has never been to any type of amusement park... will she actually get on the rides???
4) Will I be able to walk after the second day??

I'm a big time worrier, so in no particular order:

That someone will get sick

Lost luggage

Travel delays

That our ADRs will somehow mysteriously be cancelled by accident

That our FP times for our "must do" rides will conflict with ADRs

Getting a "bad" room

Bad weather (this one came true last trip during the Columbus Day weekend monsoon)

Elmck...Currently I am worried about
1) We are getting the military special offer on tickets with the park hopper: but I am not sure the hopper means I can do and it may not be what I am thinking. (Iwant to do magic Kingdom 1/2 day Monday, Tuesday evening after AK and again Friday.
Yes, you can hop from park to park in one day.
2) Does 4 days mean 4 consecutive days? We wanted to do Sea World on Thursday?
No, the tickets do not need to be used consecutively.
3) DD has never been to any type of amusement park... will she actually get on the rides???
Hopefully :)
Maybe :lmao:

I worry about getting sick because:

Honeymoon in April 2010: Wife violently sick with raging strep throat

Trip in February 2011: I got a stomach virus (worst in my life) and vomited until I thought I was going to die. Finally feeling better at the end of the trip, and my wife gets terrible indigestion from a burger at Peco Bills (never again Peco Bill!)

Trip upcoming in April 2012: If someone gets sick I will freak out!

After spending a sizeable amount of time online at this site, I worry that I didn't plan enough, or that my plans are not elaborate enough or that my failure to plan will eliminate us from being able to partcipate in a once in a lifetime experience - oh yeah and I worry about the next time I'll be able to return.:rotfl:

I thought I was the ONLY one who worried like this!

I worry that one of the kids will get hurt or sick before/during our stay.

I worry that my hubby and I will get sick.

I worry that one of the dogs will get injured or seriously ill before/during our trip.

I worry that for whatever reason my husbands boss will tell him he can't go last minute. ( this is not even close to true) but yet...I worry.

I worry that when we get there the kids will hate it or be bored....which is so NOT going to happen.....but I think about it still.

I worry that our flights will be too much $$$.TOTALLY could happen....and once we pay our gazillion dollars to fly , the flight will be delayed or cancelled messing everything up.....

The list goes on and on....what park bag to get...what shoes will not kill us....do I get a lanyard or not......

I should really look into getting meds. :rotfl:

Currently I am worried about

:lmao: I am much more concerned about whether or not I will ever be able to walk again.

Seriously though, I really don't think about it at all, other than having a plan B in the event of unforeseen circumstances.

The only real situation I ever ran into was the year that I brought my entire immediate family to WDW. I drove down ahead of time and the rest flew. I made all the reservations and allowing one of my fears to dictate, I made sure that each group had separate flights. I kept having visions of my entire family being wiped out by some weird accident.

Turns out...all made it safely, but just a few days before departure I noticed my car was having some issues. I brought it in to a dealer and found that both head gaskets had failed to survive the trip down and had to be replaced. Major work and I had only a few days before I had to be back at work. Two days and $3500.00 later I was on my way back to Vermont only to have a rear tire blow out on I-95 near St. Augustine. Another $100.00 and I managed to get back. I was starting to think that Florida didn't want me to leave. The car wasn't new, it was about 8 years old, but the tires were brand new. I was not happy, but everyone, including myself got back home in time to resume our regular life.

I worry that at the last minute, they'll change all the days of the EMHs around. They did it to me before. I don't get worked into a tizzy, but it always crosses my mind.

But mostly I just worry that whoever I'm going with won't do as much as possible or have a great time...that I haven't planned well enough.

Now I think about the FPs thing.

I am a worried by nature. I can play "what if" for HOURS, drives DH nuts since he is a go with the flow person.

What if our flight is delayed?

What if we are one of those flights that gets stuck on the runway for hours with no chance of getting off.

My kids are horrible on the flights (they are 4 and 2 so it is not an unrealistic fear). I hate to be "that" parent and after reading a recent story of a family getting kicked off a flight I am really worried even though the kids love flying

What if I get stuck on a ride? What if I get stuck on a ride with DD when she has to go pee?

What if our split stay is a disaster and way too much work for our trip? DH wants to do it so I am going to make it work

What if the ADRs I made are a bust? Last trip my family all hated Boma and 1900 Park Fare so I want to do better this time.

I could keep going but I will stop now since I am working on not worrying (I am failing)

This thread is so liberating! I'm going to have to show it to DH to prove to him once and for all that I'm not the only one like this! :laughing:

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter