What are the best times you recommend

angel659

<font color=peach>Have A <font color=deeppink>Magi
Hiya

We are now planning our next holiday for 2007. It seems so far away wish we could go earlier.

We are looking to go in March as my dh is 30 then and it would be really nice to celebrate his birthday out there.

i.e weather, crowds etc......

We have been in October we liked this time, but that means we have to wait 2 years and thats too far away. We have also been in summer time, but its to hot and over crowded.

Around mid-late 70's will be fine. Shorts weather preferable along with less crowds. I am asking for too much I know. LOL

Can you travel in term-time? If so, I have heard that May is a great time, as is a few weeks after Easter. Good weather (not too hot), little rain and low crowds.

:wizard:

DW and I went for the last week in April and the first week in May this year (Just after the easter Hols) and even though it was the start of the Happiest Celebration the crowds were not too heavy. The weather was also not too bad although it was a bit cloudier and wetter than we have been used to in late Oct/Nov :)

The 2 times I've been have been at the beginning of March. Weather was hot (only one afternoon of rain). Crowds were low - strolled onto many rides. Make sure you avoid "Spring Break" though....thousands of headless teenagers (yep! I was one once) who can't talk, only SHOUT, and at all hours of the day; they don't understand what a queue is, eg you'll find a lot will try and push past you to get to their "mates" at the front of the queue - however they're not "hoodies" and a gentle reminder that they should wait like the rest of the people usually sorts out the situation.

we found september fantastic.

hot yet crowd free. the only thing that would put us off this time of year would be the threat of hurricanes.

there were vertually no queues. the rides were walk on and some rides we even got to stay on and ride again without getting off.

were going in 2 days and i have heard its busy. boohoo.

lucy

Another big fan of October here!

We used to say that it would definitely be after Hurricane Season, but after this year not so sure.

We have visited in September when it was still quite humid, November when the nights were noticeably colder (but Christmas decs were starting to go up as an extra bonus) and in Spring time, when attendance was higher.

On balance, we like October, prior to English school half-term, but I have to be honest we are also considering pre-Easter 2007. :confused3

We went March this year as well as August too.

The weather in March was very unpredictable, we had 4 or 5 days where it rained all day, the same amount where the weather was nice and a mixture of cloud/rain/sun the remainder.

The mornings in particular were cool to say the least - people were buying sweaters/hooded tops at the parks.
Also we watched the temperatures for a couple of weeks before going and it was struggling to reach 70s most days- however, having said that the average is much higher than that.
Although the crowds were light to be honest I would not recommend going in March, our day at Discovery Cove for instance was ruined by the weather - the water was freezing.

I think March/April/May it is getting harder to say what the weather will be like, if we were not restricted to school holidays now - we go in August - I would say early May would be a good time for good weather/low crowds.

The one advantage going mid August is the crowds are very light (all the US schools have returned) and the weather is in the 90s (too hot though possibly).
I also agree that out of all the months October is the best all round - if you can wait that long that is....

Our last trip was in mid-February. Great time to go crowds wise. Could walk on busy rides no problems. Rarely had to wait more than 10 minutes for anything. Very dry, cool in the mornings and late evenings sometimes. Warm almost everyday, hot others.

Have also been in January. Much the same crowds/weather. I loved it.

May was quite wet and wouldn't go back then, but maybe that was a one off.

I am going early March this time, hoping to avoid Spring Break and some Cheerleader competition going on then at Disney.

I would go back in Feb any day.

Soprano said:
Our last trip was in mid-February. Great time to go crowds wise. Could walk on busy rides no problems. Rarely had to wait more than 10 minutes for anything. Very dry, cool in the mornings and late evenings sometimes. Warm almost everyday, hot others.

Have also been in January. Much the same crowds/weather. I loved it.

May was quite wet and wouldn't go back then, but maybe that was a one off.

I am going early March this time, hoping to avoid Spring Break and some Cheerleader competition going on then at Disney.

I would go back in Feb any day.

I think it's very difficult to say what the weather will be like in the early months of the year - this March (as I said earlier) it was the coldest we have ever found it in Florida. Maybe a one-off though.
Pack your woolies just in case. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter