What are some things you missed on your first cruise ??

Yes, this is true for the drinks of the day. I went on three DCL cruises before I even knew about this! On our cruise this past Nov/Dec I partook in several of those DOTD! My glass survived the entire week, and I still use it at home when I am longing to be back on the Magic.

As for the exact discount price, I want to say I paid $3.75 after the sailaway (they are somewhere around $8.00+ during the sailaway party), but not certain. If I can hunt down some receipts, I will let you know! And don't forget, gratuity is already included when they hand over your receipt to sign...it's up to you if you want to add anything additional.

Found receipts! The DOTD discount when using the sailaway glass were $3.95 plus automatic gratuity, for a total of $4.54. :)

I still havent remembered to get a treat from Cove Cafe!! :rotfl2: maybe this time in Sept!!

I remember on our first cruise we missed a bunch of the family activities because the girls wanted to be in the clubs so much and they loved the Mickey pool. (we did a 4nt and time flies!!)

Missed late night snack buffets outside of bars. Didn't even know they had these every night. Also, didn't know what FE's and magnets were before i joined the DIS last month. You guys rock! Hoping to check these out on our next cruise in February. :banana:

I don't know... but I CAN tell you that both of the ones we got during the sail-away party had cracks in them by the time we left! :sad2: All we did was take them back to the room and rinse them then put them on a shelf! I will not buy anymore of them in the future thats for sure!

When we left the sailaway party, there were cast members at the stairs/elevators that were exchanging out our dirty drink of the day classes for clean ones. I was too lazy to carry it around to see if we got discounted drinks.

For our cruise a few weeks ago, DH tried a tip he'd heard about here: Order a carafe of coffee from room service before going to bed (for us it was around 10:30-11pm). In the morning, he had hot coffee ready and waiting when we woke up!

We did that as well, but then on this last cruise, we ordered both a carafe of coffee and hot water on the last night to have in our early morning departure. The bought the hotwater in an insulated carafe, but the coffee was in a carafe, but it was no insulated :sad1: Nothing worse than cold coffee, when you are expecting warm/hot.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter