What are some positive things that you admire about the 18th century?

“If you can't find suet then we have found that grated vegetable shortening (such as Trex, Crisco or Copha) is a good substitute. To grate the shortening firstly freeze a stick or block of it until firm but not solid (this usually takes about 30 minutes). Grate the shortening on the coarse side of a box grater into a cold bowl or onto a cold plate, returning the fat to the freezer if it becomes too soft. Before using the grated shortening chill it for another 10-15 minutes in the freezer.”
https://www.nigella.com/ask/substitute-for-suet

Video I took of the last ~7 minutes of the Grand Illumination fireworks at the Capitol in Colonial Williamsburg on December 17, 2022.

And video I took of the William & Mary Botetourt Chamber Singers performing at the Capitol before the Grand Illumination fireworks on December 10, 2022.

Colonial Williamsburg Fife & Drum Jr. Corps performing God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen on Duke of Gloucester Street in front of the Raleigh Tavern - December 17, 2022

A couple people mentioned plumbing. I read recently -- and I believe this to be true -- that in the last hundred years or so (?) plumbers have saved as many people as doctors in that they've separated us from poop. Thank you, plumbers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter