What are current queuing options for Runaway Railroad? Plus Spring Break crowd questions.

heathpack

Mouseketeer
Hello we are Imagine Keyholders with park reservations for tomorrow March 29.

What is the current procedure for riding Mickey & Minnies Runaway Railroad? Looking at the Disneyland website, it says they *may* be using virtual queue, and that for sure regular standby queue and individual lightning lane will be available.

Are they still using the virtual queue? If yes, what time do you need to join it?

We are crowd-averse and it’s spring break. However with the forecast morning rain, we thought we’d put on our rain gear and give a rope drop visit a shot. We have a 3:50pm Blue Bayou reservation and our plan was rope drop DL, hop to DCA, sample lightly from Food & Wine booths, ride what we can in DCA maybe purchasing an ILL, then eat at Blue Bayou and head home.

However, I was just able to snag a Blue Bayou Fantasmic dining package reservation for 11:50. If we keep that reservation, we would probably not arrive DL until 11:30 or so (we can’t leave the dogs for rope drop through Fantasmic). Can we join a virtual queue or snag a Runaway Railroad ILL if we start our day that late? We’d like to experience that attraction if possible, but can wait to try it at a less crowded time.

Also- the forecast for tomorrow is for it to be cool and rainy early, remaining cool but less rainy in the afternoon/evening. I would expect the rain to keep crowds down in the morning, but do you think that effect will last all day? If we’re likely to get into spring break gridlock in the afternoon, we’ll probably just stick with the rope drop plan.

No VQ for Railway, only Standby or LL purchase option available. It appears Disney keeps the VQ note on website just in case they ever decide to turn it back on.

I would expect 30 to 90 min avg Standby wait times unless it rains hard that will shorten lines. Since pandemic reopening there's really been no way to predict crowds- just expect it to be busy. :earsboy:

Rope drop RR and make it your first ride. I went on a random Thursday and it was a walk on earlier this month. First ride of the day, not quite rope drop but within 5 minutes of park open.

Obviously with spring break crowds it could be a bit longer at rope drop.

No matter how you slice it, you will be in the parks during the highest crowds (mid day), so adjust your expectattions of how much you will get done. Perhaps select your top few priorities so you don’t get distracted - it’s so easy to say: lets *just* do this one more thing before we head to <<insert priority ride>>

I second SoCALMouseMommy re cancelling your F! Dining Package given the forcast - that is an *expensive* package that you are basically paying extra for just the seat vs the food/experience. I would rope drop and end your day at BB or whenever you need to head home to your pup.

I would suggest trying to do your Food & Wine ordering at one stand and try and do that earlier (they open at 11 I believe). It can get *nutty* mid day during a festival.

You didn’t mention G+ so if you are in the parks during mid day plan on long lines or to zig when others zag (ie Tiki room, the boats, things that don’t have G+). I personally would grab a LL for MMRR for late afternoon and have fun exploring the refreshed land. Have fun!

My youngest and I were just there. No VQ for Runaway Railway, and our wait time was half of what the app said it would be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter