What am I forgetting?

For your Pearl Harbor day did you get reservations for The USS Arizona?

We did. It's one of our car rental days and we'll try to see some other things on the south side of the island too. Not sure what, planning on just going with the flow that day.

Make sure to build in time to just chill out and relax at the pools. Sunset photo opportunities are a must.

Everyone is going to have different opinions. Makahiki isn’t bad. Yes dinner is overpriced but the food was good. Breakfast there is fantastic. We usually do dinner there once and breakfast a few times. Monkey pod is good but I feel a bit overrated. The best food though is at Off the hook. They’re supposed to be adding a breakfast menu as well as moving the coffee bar there. Poke nachos ordered poolside are amazing.
I don’t want to sound like I’m on a one man campaign against Makahiki, but our two dinners there last year (we gave it a second chance) weren’t even close to being good, and our waiter basically disappeared after he took the order. The meat was tough, dry and chewy, and the veggies were kind of inedible. The prices are too high and, bottom line, it’s a ripoff.

I’d suggest that the original poster read some additional online reviews of the place. There’s a good deal of negativity out there.

The thing is, there are way better, lower priced restaurants available. Longhi’s at the Marriott a short walk away is sensational, and if you get there at sunset on Tuesdays you can watch the luau on the hotel’s lawn. Mina’s Fish House is pricey but worth it, as is Ama Ama. The Sunday brunch at The Four Seasons next door is expensive but incredible.

Agree about Off The Hook. It’s great, and reasonably priced. So is The Olelo Room right by Makahiki. It’s fun and the sushi is great.

Definitely a bad experience!

Our waiter was very good and quite the character the first night, second night we had someone else who was just ok. I had the NY strip and the roasted chicken. Both were good, the strip the better of the two. Caesar Salad was good but not exceptional. Brownie toffee sundae was the better desert of the two we tried. I really wish they’d infuse more local flavors in the dinner menu. Breakfast is where they shine.

Longhi’s was very good too but I felt the breakfast selections at Makahiki were better. The anhi tacos were really good and the eggs Benedict. We only ate off the brunch menu last trip, but want to try dinner there next trip. Oleo room is really good! The poolside menu has some good dishes as well! Definitely do your own homework too!
Have never tried the breakfast at Longhi’s, but I looked at the menu and agree with you. It was ok, not great. It’s the dinner that’s fantastic.

Another fun thing we do for breakfast is to walk down to the grab and go cafe at the Marriott for the coffee, bagels, and acai bowls. Delicious! We always do more informal breakfasts and usually just splurge on dinners.

Have never tried the breakfast at Longhi’s, but I looked at the menu and agree with you. It was ok, not great. It’s the dinner that’s fantastic.

Another fun thing we do for breakfast is to walk down to the grab and go cafe at the Marriott for the coffee, bagels, and acai bowls. Delicious! We always do more informal breakfasts and usually just splurge on dinners.
Thanks for the Marriott tip, definitely planning on several low key, easy meals like this. Heard good things about ABC’s grab and go too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter